Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    new autolist called "New Experiences" which will generate a random mix of songs you've never played before
    Oh my god, that was EXACTLY what I asked for! Thankyou very much, Dan. By the way, i bought your app some days ago, as reminded by the expiry warning.
  2.    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Does it include a Mr. Bean easter egg?
    That's a really good idea. Hmm...
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #863  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Oh my god, that was EXACTLY what I asked for! Thankyou very much, Dan. By the way, i bought your app some days ago, as reminded by the expiry warning.
    Yeah it's a good idea. I think a lot of people will like using it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Dan, do know you what dimensions would work well with the mini-player wallpaper so that the entire photo will be displayed? Thanks.

btw, I'm running version 2.5.6.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 11/10/2011 at 09:29 AM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Dan, do know you what dimensions would work well with the mini-player wallpaper so that the entire photo will be displayed? Thanks.
    I'm not in front of my code now, but the Palm Dev documentation site says a dashboard panel is about 10% of the screen height. So for example on the Pre 2, it would be 48px per dashboard panel. If you're using all 3 mini-player modules, the image should be 320x144.

I'm not in front of my code now, but the Palm Dev documentation site says a dashboard panel is about 10% of the screen height. So for example on the Pre 2, it would be 48px per dashboard panel. If you're using all 3 mini-player modules, the image should be 320x144.
    So for the Touchpad, what would be ideal?
    Last edited by Achill3s; 11/10/2011 at 09:46 AM.
  7.    #867  
    So for the Touchpad, what would be ideal?
    It seems like maybe they're the same size as on the Pre 2. Try 320x144 to see if that works. And keep in mind any size image can be used. It just crops the image from the bottom if the image is larger than the mini-player area.
    The 320x144 didn't work. It was cropped oddly.

I'm having problems with it but I think it's the resolution with the actual pics. Even the regular wall paper on the full size player is warped but again, the resolution of those photos are beyond 1024x768.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Achill3s; 11/10/2011 at 03:35 PM.
  9.    #869  
    The 320x144 didn't work. It was cropped oddly.

I'm having problems with it but I think it's the resolution with the actual pics. Even the regular wall paper on the full size player is warped but again, the resolution of those photos are beyond 1024x768.

Thanks for your help!
    The wallpaper should display fine within the app regardless of wallpaper size. I made a lot of changes recently to assure this. I've tested it with wallpapers of various different sizes.

The wallpaper should display fine within the app regardless of wallpaper size. I made a lot of changes recently to assure this. I've tested it with wallpapers of various different sizes.
    Interesting. The image I was using was 1.2MB jpg with dimensions of 3744x5616. Even When I shrunk the image, it wasn't working well. I've also tried other images with similar dimensions and I get the same odd behavior. I'm going to delete the app and reinstall it from the catalog. Maybe I have a bad install.

Update: Nope, didn't work either. Image is still warped in full size player after delete and reinstall....Also, the images I'm using were loaded locally from the USB side. They were not photos that I took from the web.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 11/10/2011 at 04:34 PM.
    These are the only patches I'm running. Do you happen to see any with known conflicts?

1. Add Thumnav Controls
    2. Advanced Reset Options
    3. Autostart Exhibition
    4. Default to Month View
    5. Download instead of Stream
    6. Faster Card Animations HYPER ver
    7. Hide Voicemail Button
    8. Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10
    9. Mojo Smooth Scrolling
    10. No Video Pause on Minimize
    11. Sync Fix for Google Calendar
    12. tcyldxpg from Canuck software
  12.    #872  
    Interesting. The image I was using was 1.2MB jpg with dimensions of 3744x5616. Even When I shrunk the image, it wasn't working well. I've also tried other images with similar dimensions and I get the same odd behavior. I'm going to delete the app and reinstall it from the catalog. Maybe I have a bad install.

Update: Nope, didn't work either. Image is still warped in full size player after delete and reinstall....Also, the images I'm using were loaded locally from the USB side. They were not photos that I took from the web.
    I just downloaded a 3744x5616 image and it did appear somewhat distorted. I'll take a look at it, but at this point I won't make any promises. It was hard enough getting it to look decent with various different device configurations (Pre 2, Pre 3, TouchPad, etc.) as well various image sizes & aspect ratios. It's probably never going to look perfect with all images on all devices.

I recommend using 1024x768 or 1024x1024 images for best results on the TouchPad. Smaller images also seem to work ok.

I just downloaded a 3744x5616 image and it did appear somewhat distorted. I'll take a look at it, but at this point I won't make any promises. It was hard enough getting it to look decent with various different device configurations (Pre 2, Pre 3, TouchPad, etc.) as well various image sizes & aspect ratios. It's probably never going to look perfect with all images on all devices.

I recommend using 1024x768 or 1024x1024 images for best results on the TouchPad. Smaller images also seem to work ok.
    Thanks for all your help Dan. Your app is still the most used on my Touchpad!!!
    Got a message this morning from the App Catalog indicating there was an update. I attempted to download the update which fails with "Download Failed". The application is now unusable from the menu. (Clicking the icon opens the software manager) I am a paid version customer, and now I no longer have access to the application!

Tried rebooting just for completeness, same problem.

Solution?
  15.    #875  
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    Got a message this morning from the App Catalog indicating there was an update. I attempted to download the update which fails with "Download Failed". The application is now unusable from the menu. (Clicking the icon opens the software manager) I am a paid version customer, and now I no longer have access to the application!

Tried rebooting just for completeness, same problem.

Solution?
    You must be using the Web Feed edition. Several people reported the same thing. Unfortunately download/installation issues are supported by HP. Developers have no way to control or fix HP's app catalog servers.

I've already reported the issue to HP Dev Relations but haven't heard back from them. If you're eager to get the issue resolved, I'd suggest contacting HP as well. The more people they have bugging them, the more inclined they'll be to fix the issue. If you contact HP, tell them the app id is com.hedami.mprweb and the app is in the web feed (not the main catalog feed).

Thanks Dan,

What version should I be using as a paid customer? I have purchased it on my Pre 2 as well as my TouchPad. (The version on the TouchPad is still working correctly)

Thanks!
  17.    #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    Thanks Dan,

What version should I be using as a paid customer? I have purchased it on my Pre 2 as well as my TouchPad. (The version on the TouchPad is still working correctly)

Thanks!
    The same version of the app runs on phones and the TouchPad. You didn't need to purchase it twice for each device assuming you're using the same Palm Profile. Since you're using the web feed edition on the Pre 2, I'm guessing you opened up the app catalog on your TouchPad and purchased it there. The version that shows up in the catalog is a separate app; however in reality it's 100% identical to the web feed edition. Back in the day, I created the web feed edition specifically for users with "Frankenpre" devices since those devices originally couldn't access the app catalog version.

So you could have opened up the web feed catalog page and just re-downloaded the app on your TouchPad for free. But anyway, back to your question. The reason the Pre 2 version isn't working is because HP is having issues with the web feed. Once they resolve the issue, you'll be able to re-download the app. Once I hear back from HP, I'll post a status here and on my Twitter (@Hedami) account.

Hi, luv this app! But I'm also getting same prob that a bunch of others are experiencing here, like having to restart to see my music playlist, flylists, artists, etc to the right again.
    I hope the new Webos fixes this.

I also was wondering if it's possible to add "Coverflow" option to landscape view?
    This would look so nice, and much easer to scroll through a music collection.

Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by shoutcastR; 11/13/2011 at 08:16 AM.
  19.    #879  
    Quote Originally Posted by shoutcastR View Post
    Hi, luv this app! But I'm also getting same prob that a bunch of others are experiencing here, like having to restart to see my music playlist, flylists, artists, etc to the right again.
    I hope the new Webos fixes this.
    Yes it's a webOS issue. But rebooting the device fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoutcastR View Post
    I also was wondering if it's possible to add "Coverflow" option to landscape view?
    This would look so nice, and much easer to scroll through a music collection.

Thanks a bunch.
    While you don't have an animated coverflow mode, you can still browse your current playlist by swiping left and right.

DanPLC, thanks for the tip, just went into settings to make the change.

Much better now. I just discovered lyrics,...... Nice touch!

Thanx bud.