Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    That button indeed worked in my Pre-, at least in the stock Music app: A single click, pause. Double click, next song. Hold for a while to voice dial. But all this doesn't work at all on my Pre 3, still using the same Pre- headset, which looks identical to the one, which I haven't taken out from the Pre 3 box.

Does the headset button work for anyone in their Pre 3?
    Jep, the button on my Sennhizer headset is working. It is a new iPhone version with volume buttons. The volume buttons and the mic are still not working.
    The mic is working on a old iPhone headset with only only one button.

I expect that dan can not do annything about it as it is a HW problem. I hoped that the updated to the new iPhone version on the Pre3 and TP but they diden't. Perhaps patent problems.....

HaPe
  2.    #842  
    For anyone who can't use their headset button, does it work in the stock music app?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    For anyone who can't use their headset button, does it work in the stock music app?
    It does not work in my Pre 3, neither with the stock Music app nor with the fab Music Player Remix. As I said before, it's the same headset whose button worked in my metadoctored 2.1 Pre minus.

Can the headset that came with the Pre 3 be different?
  4.    #844  
    It does not work in my Pre 3, neither with the stock Music app nor with the fab Music Player Remix. As I said before, it's the same headset whose button worked in my metadoctored 2.1 Pre minus.

Can the headset that came with the Pre 3 be different?
    It may be the Pre 3 that is different...or the version of webOS on the Pre 3. But if it's not working in the stock music app, then there's probably nothing I'll be able to do to get it to work in Music Player (Remix).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

It may be the Pre 3 that is different... or the version of webOS on the Pre 3.
    How on earth such a feature fell off the new phone? Can it be physical, signal missing in the connector? Perhaps it's time to write a test bech app for the headset...
    How on earth such a feature fell off the new phone?
    And that is why Palm failed. (At least) Twice...

M.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I checked the original headphone's button on my Pre3, and it works fine with the stock music app, at least for pausing and resuming.
    Last edited by mbert; 10/27/2011 at 11:56 AM.
  8.    #848  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    I checked the original headphone's button on my Pre3, and it works fine with the stock music app, at least for pausing and resuming.
    And it doesn't work in Music Player (Remix)? I was pretty sure that worked.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    You're right, it does work. For some reason it did not this morning. Everything is fine
    Just wondering, can't see the side bar on the touchpad, so I can't select anything other than shuffle all. Any fix for this issue?
  11.    #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Just wondering, can't see the side bar on the touchpad, so I can't select anything other than shuffle all. Any fix for this issue?
    Try rebooting your device. Some people reported this after updating their TouchPads to 3.0.4. I think it has something to do with media permissions after an OS update. Rebooting seems to fix it.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Sorry for raising the headphone-button-thing again. Having used the button now for a while I that after the screen lock has activated itself at some time the app is unable to receive events from the button. In that case even unlocking the phone does not help, I need to unplug the headphone and plug it in again while having the app in foreground.
  13.    #853  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    Sorry for raising the headphone-button-thing again. Having used the button now for a while I that after the screen lock has activated itself at some time the app is unable to receive events from the button. In that case even unlocking the phone does not help, I need to unplug the headphone and plug it in again while having the app in foreground.
    Questions:

- How long after the screen lock activates does the button become inactive?

- Does the built-in music app act any differently?

I recently noticed a small glitch on the phone. While using the in app universal search, the x in the top right corner no longer works to close out the search, I have to use the gesture are. I don't remember this being an issue with the TouchPad, but I can't test it out right now. (Mine's in for repair.)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  15.    #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I recently noticed a small glitch on the phone. While using the in app universal search, the x in the top right corner no longer works to close out the search, I have to use the gesture are. I don't remember this being an issue with the TouchPad, but I can't test it out right now. (Mine's in for repair.)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'll check it out.

So here is a new slant on the music files not showing up. On starting both the standard touchpad music player and Music Player (remix) (v2.5.6) I get the error/warning message that there are no supported Audiofiles on the device, all well and good (you would think). However when staring up the Music Player (Remix) app, and getting past the error message, I select Albums and I find somthing like 25 ghost albums (assumed to be from a previous music download via HP Play), there are no tracks listed, but each listed album has the Album name and the Artist. All the album art is blank, apart from the odd one that has a picture of a cd, and all the albums do allow me to search for the album art.

I would appreciate some help on clearing down these ghost albums so that I can reload my music files.

My touchpad is fully up to date with system patches.
  17.    #857  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkcommander View Post
    So here is a new slant on the music files not showing up. On starting both the standard touchpad music player and Music Player (remix) (v2.5.6) I get the error/warning message that there are no supported Audiofiles on the device, all well and good (you would think). However when staring up the Music Player (Remix) app, and getting past the error message, I select Albums and I find somthing like 25 ghost albums (assumed to be from a previous music download via HP Play), there are no tracks listed, but each listed album has the Album name and the Artist. All the album art is blank, apart from the odd one that has a picture of a cd, and all the albums do allow me to search for the album art.

I would appreciate some help on clearing down these ghost albums so that I can reload my music files.

My touchpad is fully up to date with system patches.
    If the built-in music app also shows no music, then you're having an issue with the webOS media indexer not finding your files. It has nothing to do with Music Player (Remix).

First I'd verify you're loading supported audio files. A list of supported audio files can be found on Remix's Help screen (in the FAQ). If you're running webOS 3.0.4, the media indexer will also find OGG and FLAC files (in addition to the ones listed in the FAQ).

Second I'd try renaming your parent music folder to something starting with a period. This will hide the files from the indexer. Reboot your TouchPad, then rename the parent music folder and remove the period at the beginning of the folder name. Then reboot the TouchPad again. This should trigger the media indexer to re-locate your files.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest following the many suggestions in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-updating.html

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Questions:

- How long after the screen lock activates does the button become inactive?

- Does the built-in music app act any differently?
    Now I was finally able to find some pattern. If I use the button to pause playing for some minutes, I cannot use the button anymore for resuming. I haven't checked with the built-in app yet.
  19.    #859  
    Version 2.5.7 has been submitted to the catalog. It contains a new autolist called "New Experiences" which will generate a random mix of songs you've never played before. The release all contains a few enhancements and bug fixes. It should be available in a few days.

Does it include a Mr. Bean easter egg?