Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Oops, I'm dumb. I was editing the original jsjsjs $file$ $without$ $realizing$ $there$'$s$ $a$ $minified$ $version$ $that$ $actually$ $gets$ $loaded$. $After$ $editing$ $the$ $minified$ $file$, $the$ $indexer$ $is$ $still$ $chugging$ $away$ $but$ $it$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $working$ - $it$'$s$ $definitely$ $picking$ $up$ $more$ $artists$, $albums$, $etc$. $than$ $before$.

Edit: the indexer just finished. There's now nothing under Unknown Artist or Unknown Album. w00t!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Thanks for the report. I've posted on Twitter to one of the Dev Relations folks to see if he can determine if there's a bug in the Ogg tag parser.
    I actually did that too a couple days ago, and didn't hear back from Ben. I'm taking that as an admission of guilt
    Last edited by nxg125; 10/21/2011 at 10:48 AM.
    The artwork displays at approximately 544x544. Anything above 300x300 looks fine on the Now Playing screen. Anything lower than that doesn't look so great. I'd suggest posting on an iTunes forum or some other place that may know of a way to transfer over high-res album art. Either that or use Remix's built-in album art download feature to retrieve high-res album art.
    Great I will look into the built in feature. Must have missed that one.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #823  
    Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    Oops, I'm dumb. I was editing the original jsjsjs $file$ $without$ $realizing$ $there$'$s$ $a$ $minified$ $version$ $that$ $actually$ $gets$ $loaded$. $After$ $editing$ $the$ $minified$ $file$, $the$ $indexer$ $is$ $still$ $chugging$ $away$ $but$ $it$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $working$ - $it$'$s$ $definitely$ $picking$ $up$ $more$ $artists$, $albums$, $etc$. $than$ $before$.

Edit: the indexer just finished. There's now nothing under Unknown Artist or Unknown Album. w00t!

I actually did that too a couple days ago, and didn't hear back from Ben. I'm taking that as an admission of guilt
    Well I think you found their issue. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next OTA update...whenever that is.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  4.    #824  
    Quote Originally Posted by dept27 View Post
    Great I will look into the built in feature. Must have missed that one.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    On the Now Playing screen, tap on the song/artist/album info to bring up the current song's album. On the album song list screen, tap the album art thumbnail to download new art.

Also on the Now Playing screen, you can swipe left and right to enter "playlist preview mode". From here you can preview your current playlist. If you tap the song/artist/album info on any of the previewed songs, you can go to the same album song list screen.

And if you just browse any album (either via the Home screen's right menu-bar or using the in-app universal search), you can go the album's song list screen and download the album art for any album.

Information about album art downloading and many other features can be found on the app's Help screen (in the "Hidden Features", "FAQ", and "Video Tutorials" sections).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Well I think you found their issue. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next OTA update...whenever that is.
    meh... who's got time to wait around for updates!?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...is-fields.html
  6.    #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    meh... who's got time to wait around for updates!?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...is-fields.html
    Ben wrote back to me and said he's filed your fix into their bug tracking system. So hopefully it'll pop up in the next OTA update. In the meantime, people can use your patch.

I've been under an NDA with webOS 3.0.4, but now that it's released I can reveal something very cool about it. One of the HP dev relations folks indicated that there have been several enhancements to the media indexer. It should be much more stable now (hopefully!), plus OGG and FLAC files are supposedly supported now! I haven't tried any myself yet, but I will soon.
    No it isn't... the timeout bug seems to still be there. I loaded my tablet with around 2k files (they were already on there actually, but I wiped my TouchPad and reloaded everything to fix a Photobucket issue), and it keeps stopping. I have to use the rename with dot trick repeatedly, only to get a few extra files every time. Going to take a long time to hit all 2k files.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    No it isn't... the timeout bug seems to still be there. I loaded my tablet with around 2k files (they were already on there actually, but I wiped my TouchPad and reloaded everything to fix a Photobucket issue), and it keeps stopping. I have to use the rename with dot trick repeatedly, only to get a few extra files every time. Going to take a long time to hit all 2k files.
    Hm that is strange. I have 4012 mp3 files and some other stuff on the Touchpad. No problem with the indexer. He got all files and quickly fetch new once I add.
    The only problem for me is that sometimes the artist album art is missing, as discussed before.

Hape
  9.    #829  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm just relaying what was relayed to developers in the Early Access Program. Supposedly a lot of work was done on the media indexer in 3.0.4.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I'm just relaying what was relayed to developers in the Early Access Program. Supposedly a lot of work was done on the media indexer in 3.0.4.
    I can confirm that work has been done. All my missing Artist Album art is now there.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Dan,

here are some wallpapers that work pretty well with Music Remix.

HaPe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Some more for the Pre...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #833  
    Thanks for the wallpapers. I'll have to check them out.

Speaking of wallpapers, version 2.5.6 of Music Player (Remix) was submitted last night and vastly improves the way wallpapers are displayed.

Once 2.5.6 is live, I'll post a full changelog. Be sure to read it (either here or within the app) to understand some of the caveats of the wallpaper display fix. The biggest one is that you'll need to re-select your wallpaper to have it display properly. This is because I'm now storing the image dimensions to help display it optimally.

My apologies if this has been asked/answered elsewhere in the thread.
    I love the bookmarking features you have built in. One question, is there a way to automatically create bookmarks at regular intervals in a file, for example to create simplistic chapters in an audiobook mp3? I'm thinking specifically of something similar to what the open source ID3v2 Chapter Tool is meant for.

If no direct support exists, maybe the files you use for bookmarking are simple enough for me to edit it manually to add the chapters?
  15.    #835  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    My apologies if this has been asked/answered elsewhere in the thread.
    I love the bookmarking features you have built in. One question, is there a way to automatically create bookmarks at regular intervals in a file, for example to create simplistic chapters in an audiobook mp3? I'm thinking specifically of something similar to what the open source ID3v2 Chapter Tool is meant for.
    There's no way to automatically add bookmarks at regular intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    If no direct support exists, maybe the files you use for bookmarking are simple enough for me to edit it manually to add the chapters?
    Bookmarks are stored in the local db8 database, so you can't edit them. However you can set your own manual bookmarks within the app by tapping the bookmark icon at the top of the Now Playing screen. Markers will appear on the scrubber bar in any track that has bookmarks stored. You can skip to the next bookmark/chapter by tapping the next/previous buttons.

To set them at regular intervals, you can use the fine-tuned music controls. Just tap-and-hold the album art on the Now Playing screen to reveal the fine-tuned controls. If you pause the song, you can easily skip to regular intervals, then tap the bookmark icon.

PickleFart9 likes this.
  16.    #836  
    Version 2.5.6 is now live in the catalog. Go grab it!

Here's the complete changelog:

- Enhancement: Improve the display of both native and non-native size wallpaper images.

Notes about the wallpaper change:

* To take advantage of the new wallpaper display fix, you'll need to re-select your wallpaper.

* The 'Use Device Wallpaper' option will work best if the device's wallpaper image is the same size as the device's display resolution.

* On phones, the 'Randomize Wallpaper' option may result in unoptimized display of wallpaper if the random wallpaper image is not the same size as the phone's display resolution. This will not be an issue on the TouchPad.

- Enhancement: Disable karaoke mode on the Pre 3 and TouchPad. It never worked properly due to a bug in the version of webOS running on those devices. The idea behind the karaoke feature was to record yourself while playing the song; however due to this webOS bug, the music will not play while recording. This feature is still enabled on all other devices.

- Enhancement: Slightly modify the “Welcome to Discovery” one-time info popup to discuss the new functionality introduced in version 2.5.5.

- Bug Fix: Mini-player wallpaper wasn’t being displayed properly.

- Bug Fix: The additional notes attached to song posts on the Discovery screen were cut off on phones.

- Bug Fix: When switching songs the remaining time would sometimes display as NaN:NaN:NaN momentarily.

Thank you! The wallpaper is much better now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  18.    #838  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Thank you! The wallpaper is much better now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks for the feedback.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    On the headphones of my new Pre3 I noticed a button, I guess it is used for accepting calls. On my IPhone there is a similar thing, and it can be used to jump to the next song when listening to music through ITunes. Just wondering, this would be a wonderful feature for Remix - would it be possible to get the button-press-event and jump to the next track (if Remix is running in foreground)?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    On the headphones of my new Pre3 I noticed a button
    That button indeed worked in my Pre-, at least in the stock Music app: A single click, pause. Double click, next song. Hold for a while to voice dial. But all this doesn't work at all on my Pre 3, still using the same Pre- headset, which looks identical to the one, which I haven't taken out from the Pre 3 box.

Does the headset button work for anyone in their Pre 3?