Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Will Music Player (Remix) play *.ogg files on my Touchpad? (That's the only reason for me to buy the app.) Mplayer plays the files, but the screen goes blank while playing.
    No it will not. It can only play the files that also supported by the original Music app.

HaPe
  2.    #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Will Music Player (Remix) play *.ogg files on my Touchpad? (That's the only reason for me to buy the app.) Mplayer plays the files, but the screen goes blank while playing.
    No, it plays the audio formats supported natively in webOS which are currently: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV.

EDIT: What I said may not be true. I've been under an NDA for webOS 3.0.4 so I haven't been able to say much. I haven't tried it myself, but I've been told by one of the HP folks that OGG and FLAC now works (when running webOS 3.0.4).

EDIT #2: @unwiredben from Palm Dev Relations confirmed that both OGG and FLAC are now supported in webOS 3.0.4: https://twitter.com/#!/unwiredben/st...55748698603520
    Last edited by DanPLC; 10/18/2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I'd love a feature that allowed me to hear songs I hadn't heard yet. Kind of "local discovery". Of course, I should be aware of which music I add to my collection, as I'm the one actively searching for it first. But sometimes, I just want my Pre to pour some new music to me, avoiding songs I've heard before.

Can this be done? Or the music database doesn't store last played time?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I'd love a feature that allowed me to hear songs I hadn't heard yet. Kind of "local discovery". Of course, I should be aware of which music I add to my collection, as I'm the one actively searching for it first. But sometimes, I just want my Pre to pour some new music to me, avoiding songs I've heard before.

Can this be done? Or the music database doesn't store last played time?
    Dan has thought of most things, it is under Autolists the last entry is Memory Lane - A random mix of songs long forgotten.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    > a feature that allowed me to hear songs I hadn't heard yet

under Autolists the last entry is Memory Lane
    Oh interesting! But it's not for me, as it asks for a time period, But it gives the hint that Music Player Remix indeed knows when songs were played. Can I ask Dan for a new "Unlistened yet" autolist?
  6.    #806  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Oh interesting! But it's not for me, as it asks for a time period, But it gives the hint that Music Player Remix indeed knows when songs were played. Can I ask Dan for a new "Unlistened yet" autolist?
    I'm thinking of adding this autolist. A few other people asked for it as well.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm thinking of adding this "Unlistened" autolist. A few other people asked for it as well.
    That'd be great, thanks!
  8.    #808  
    I've been under an NDA with webOS 3.0.4, but now that it's released I can reveal something very cool about it. One of the HP dev relations folks indicated that there have been several enhancements to the media indexer. It should be much more stable now (hopefully!), plus OGG and FLAC files are supposedly supported now! I haven't tried any myself yet, but I will soon.

If anyone updates to 3.0.4 and wants to try out OGG and FLAC files, report back here to let everyone know if they worked or not.

EDIT: The official Palm blog states that 3.0.4 supports Ogg Vorbis, so hopefully those files should work. It doesn't mention FLAC, but the HP dev relations rep said it would work, so we'll need to try those out as well.

EDIT #2: FLAC is working as confirmed by one Remix user: https://twitter.com/#!/Lambduh/statu...20035957456896

EDIT #: @unwiredben from Palm Dev Relations confirmed again that both OGG and FLAC is now supported in webOS 3.0.4: https://twitter.com/#!/unwiredben/st...55748698603520
    Last edited by DanPLC; 10/18/2011 at 01:25 PM.

Dan -- great app and interface, but I'm having some issues using it on a TouchPad. I want to use it primarily to play music at hockey games and need to be able to rapidly select from a list (penalty-us, penalty-them, puck drop, score, etc. -- and play a random track). Here are some thoughts:

1) Can you add a preference: "when selecting a fav list, play songs randomly." (Ideally this would know what has been recently played and not use those as frequently.)

2) Bug: the popdown controls (from the top bar) is great but isn't always in sync with the current song and sometimes the buttons don't work, particularily the play/pause. To reproduce: home screen, open popdown, select fav (starts playing), go back to home screen: the popdown is not updated and the play button is ineffective.

3) The delay between selecting a fav list and the song starting is way too long for my needs. Maybe this is due to loading the artwork and drawing the screen. Can you add an preference to "start playing, but stay on the home screen when selecting a fav list"... using the popdown controls, I can control what I need.

4) Bug: often see "NaN:NaN:NaN" in the song times.

Many thanks if you can look into these items!
  10.    #810  
    First of all what version of the app are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by mcain66 View Post
    1) Can you add a preference: "when selecting a fav list, play songs randomly." (Ideally this would know what has been recently played and not use those as frequently.)
    You can already do this. Tap the "shuffle" icon at the bottom of the screen (below the Faves list) to play the list shuffled.

2) Bug: the popdown controls (from the top bar) is great but isn't always in sync with the current song and sometimes the buttons don't work, particularily the play/pause. To reproduce: home screen, open popdown, select fav (starts playing), go back to home screen: the popdown is not updated and the play button is ineffective.
    I'm not able to reproduce this using the steps you listed. When I select an item from the Faves list, then go back to the Home screen and bring up the mini-controls, the song displayed is correct and the controls work fine. Can anyone else try to reproduce this using the steps listed above?

3) The delay between selecting a fav list and the song starting is way too long for my needs. Maybe this is due to loading the artwork and drawing the screen. Can you add an preference to "start playing, but stay on the home screen when selecting a fav list"... using the popdown controls, I can control what I need.
    On my TouchPad, the speed seems fine to me...actually it's quite snappy, especially when loading the Faves list which usually doesn't have a lot of songs in it. The slowest it'll ever be is if you have a ton of songs on your device and you do "Shuffle All", but even that is pretty fast in my eyes, especially on the TouchPad. If it's slow, then you might have something going on with your device.

4) Bug: often see "NaN:NaN:NaN" in the song times.
    I just started noticing this after updating to webOS 3.0.4. But it only shows up momentarily before the correct time appears. I never saw this before updating to 3.0.4, so something changed to cause this.

First of all what version of the app are you using?
    I'm running Remix 2.5.5 on HP webOS 3.0.4, with Preware installed on the original OS-- I've done a couple of reboots since putting 3.0.4. I just did a full erase, no Preware, and the behaviours have not changed.

You can already do this. Tap the "shuffle" icon at the bottom of the screen (below the Faves list) to play the list shuffled.
    I'm at the main screen and see the "fav's" lists on the left side: if I press the shuffle icon in the lower left, it starts playing a random song (from any of the fav's). What I would like it to do is to just lock, and then play a random song after I choose a fav's list.

I'm not able to reproduce this using the steps you listed. When I select an item from the Faves list, then go back to the Home screen and bring up the mini-controls, the song displayed is correct and the controls work fine. Can anyone else try to reproduce this using the steps listed above?
    I've tested this again (after a reboot, and then the full erase), and the behaviour is still as I described.

On my TouchPad, the speed seems fine to me...actually it's quite snappy, especially when loading the Faves list which usually doesn't have a lot of songs in it. The slowest it'll ever be is if you have a ton of songs on your device and you do "Shuffle All", but even that is pretty fast in my eyes, especially on the TouchPad. If it's slow, then you might have something going on with your device.
    Its a solid 3-4 seconds from pressing a fav until the song starts, both before and after the full erase.
  12.    #812  
    I'm at the main screen and see the "fav's" lists on the left side: if I press the shuffle icon in the lower left, it starts playing a random song (from any of the fav's). What I would like it to do is to just lock, and then play a random song after I choose a fav's list.
    I don't know what you mean by "just lock". The "shuffle" icon basically shuffles all the songs in the Faves list (i.e. playing them in random order vs. the order defined in the Faves list).

I've tested this again (after a reboot, and then the full erase), and the behaviour is still as I described.
    Sorry but I can't recreate it after multiple attempts. If someone else can chime in on how to recreate it, then I can attempt it again. Otherwise it's going to be hard to resolve this issue for you if I can't recreate it.

Its a solid 3-4 seconds from pressing a fav until the song starts, both before and after the full erase.
    It's about 2-3 seconds on my device. But this time will be dependent upon how many items you have in the Faves list, as well as the type of items in the list.

Most of the time it takes to start the music is not due to the rendering of the Now Playing screen. It's due to the creation of the playlist (in memory) and the initial loading of the song. So having an option to not load the Now Playing screen won't buy you too much.

I don't know what you mean by "just lock". The "shuffle" icon basically shuffles all the songs in the Faves list (i.e. playing them in random order vs. the order defined in the Faves list).
    What I'm looking for is the ability to do this: when I click a single fav list, play a random song from *that* list, not the first song. What I get is a random song from a random fav list.

Sorry but I can't recreate it after multiple attempts. If someone else can chime in on how to recreate it, then I can attempt it again. Otherwise it's going to be hard to resolve this issue for you if I can't recreate it.
    It's about 2-3 seconds on my device. But this time will be dependent upon how many items you have in the Faves list, as well as the type of items in the list.
    Most of the time it takes to start the music is not due to the rendering of the Now Playing screen. It's due to the creation of the playlist (in memory) and the initial loading of the song. So having an option to not load the Now Playing screen won't buy you too much.
    Understand -- thanks for your replies to each of these!
  14.    #814  
    What I'm looking for is the ability to do this: when I click a single fav list, play a random song from *that* list, not the first song. What I get is a random song from a random fav list.
    Ahh ok. We're both using the term "fav list" in a different way. In my eyes, the "Faves List" is the complete list of items pinned to the Home screen. You're viewing each individual item as a separate list.

To do what you want, go to the Preferences screen ("Misc" tab) and choose the option to treat the Faves List as "single" items (not "all"). Then when you tap on a Faves List selection, you'll only load that one item. Then you can toggle the shuffle by going to list view on the Now Playing screen. This will accomplish what you're looking for.

Also, if you didn't know already, you can set up custom up/down gestures for the Now Playing screen by going to the Preferences screen. So I'd suggest setting up one of them to toggle shuffle. That way all you'll have to do is select a Faves list item, then swipe up or down on the right or left of the screen to shuffle.

Hi,

Would it be possible to have the ability to open a directory then play all the songs on this directory without creating a playlist ?
    I did try to do a playlist with iTunes then save it on the mp3 folder but Music Player (Remix) doesn't recognize it.
    Would it be possible to have the ability to do auto list based on recent files added ?
    Would it be possible to have the skip feature based on the button on the headset ? I mean when I click on the answer/hang up button of the headset Music Player (Remix) is in pause mode. Meaning Music Player recognize the action so if there is a double click skip song, triple click back...
    I do encounter a problem with the GUI I believe it's more WebOS (I'm using a PrPrPr$3$) $then$ $GUI$ $is$ $moving$ $like$ $hell$ $from$ $landscape$ $to$ $portrait$ $infinite$. $It$'$s$ $difficult$ $to$ $go$ $out$ $of$ $this$ $simple$ $click$ $on$ $the$ $home$ $button$ $does$ $not$ $work$ $directly$. $It$'$s$ $when$ $I$ $do$ $have$ $the$ $phone$ $in$ $the$ $pocket$ $and$ $walking$ $a$ $while$.

Thank you very much for this nice oops very nice application better on the TouchPad then PrPrPr$3$, $smoother$, $faster$ $but$ $still$ $great$.

Best regards,
    Seb
    Hi, would it be possible to have smaller artwork when playing mp3's. I sync my music from itunes and some of the artwork does not scale well.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    If anyone updates to 3.0.4 and wants to try out OGG and FLAC files, report back here to let everyone know if they worked or not.
    I've found that while the Music app correctly plays Ogg Vorbis files, the indexer doesn't correctly parse all of my files, with a lot of them ending up under "Unknown Artist" or something similar. It looks like the indexer only matches comment field names that are all uppercase. So if your file has a field named ARTIST you're fine, but Artist doesn't work.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Vorbis$ $comments$ $are$ $supposed$ $to$ $be$ $case$-$insensitive$. $I$ $have$ $a$ $LOT$ $of$ $Ogg$ $Vorbis$ $files$ $and$ $this$ $is$ $the$ $first$ $time$ $I$'$ve$ $had$ $a$ $problem$ $like$ $this$. $I$ $hoped$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $as$ $simple$ $as$ $just$ $adding$ $a$ $toUpperCase$() $somewhere$ $in$ $oggparser$.$jsjsjs$ $but$ $for$ $some$ $reason$ $that$'$s$ $not$ $working$

Haven't tried FLAC yet.
  18.    #818  
    Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    I've found that while the Music app correctly plays Ogg Vorbis files, the indexer doesn't correctly parse all of my files, with a lot of them ending up under "Unknown Artist" or something similar. It looks like the indexer only matches comment field names that are all uppercase. So if your file has a field named ARTIST you're fine, but Artist doesn't work.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Vorbis$ $comments$ $are$ $supposed$ $to$ $be$ $case$-$insensitive$. $I$ $have$ $a$ $LOT$ $of$ $Ogg$ $Vorbis$ $files$ $and$ $this$ $is$ $the$ $first$ $time$ $I$'$ve$ $had$ $a$ $problem$ $like$ $this$. $I$ $hoped$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $as$ $simple$ $as$ $just$ $adding$ $a$ $toUpperCase$() $somewhere$ $in$ $oggparser$.$jsjsjs$ $but$ $for$ $some$ $reason$ $that$'$s$ $not$ $working$

Haven't tried FLAC yet.
    Thanks for the report. I've posted on Twitter to one of the Dev Relations folks to see if he can determine if there's a bug in the Ogg tag parser.

I tagged a few Ogg and Flac files using MP3Tag and none of them showed up with proper tags on the TouchPad. So I think there's something going on with the webOS Ogg and Flag tag parsers.

19.    #819  
    Quote Originally Posted by dept27 View Post
    Hi, would it be possible to have smaller artwork when playing mp3's. I sync my music from itunes and some of the artwork does not scale well.
    The artwork displays at approximately 544x544. Anything above 300x300 looks fine on the Now Playing screen. Anything lower than that doesn't look so great. I'd suggest posting on an iTunes forum or some other place that may know of a way to transfer over high-res album art. Either that or use Remix's built-in album art download feature to retrieve high-res album art.

20.    #820  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trankiloo View Post
    Would it be possible to have the ability to open a directory then play all the songs on this directory without creating a playlist ?
    No that's not currently possible, and I'm not sure if I'll ever implement a folder browsing feature.

I did try to do a playlist with iTunes then save it on the mp3 folder but Music Player (Remix) doesn't recognize it.
    Look at the FAQ on the app's Help screen for more guidance on how to create a compliant M3U playlist file on your computer.

Would it be possible to have the ability to do auto list based on recent files added ?
    This autolist is already implemented; however it's hidden/disabled. There's a bug in webOS where the "created timestamp" on audio files is always 0. However I haven't checked if this is fixed in webOS 3.0.4. If it is, then I'll enable the autolist (on the TouchPad only).

Would it be possible to have the skip feature based on the button on the headset ? I mean when I click on the answer/hang up button of the headset Music Player (Remix) is in pause mode. Meaning Music Player recognize the action so if there is a double click skip song, triple click back...
    Does the built-in music app work like this?

I do encounter a problem with the GUI I believe it's more WebOS (I'm using a PrPrPr$3$) $then$ $GUI$ $is$ $moving$ $like$ $hell$ $from$ $landscape$ $to$ $portrait$ $infinite$. $It$'$s$ $difficult$ $to$ $go$ $out$ $of$ $this$ $simple$ $click$ $on$ $the$ $home$ $button$ $does$ $not$ $work$ $directly$. $It$'$s$ $when$ $I$ $do$ $have$ $the$ $phone$ $in$ $the$ $pocket$ $and$ $walking$ $a$ $while$.
    If you know how to recreate this issue, then I can investigate it. I haven't seen this happen.