Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Album art looks great in new version! Definitely looks sharper/clearer to me! I've changed my setting to the larger display version. Thanks!
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Album art looks great in new version! Definitely looks sharper/clearer to me! I've changed my setting to the larger display version. Thanks!
    I don't know if you know this, but you can switch between the two display modes with a pinch/zoom gesture on the album art. I find myself switching fairly regularly between the two modes which is why I added this gesture.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I don't know if you know this, but you can switch between the two display modes with a pinch/zoom gesture on the album art. I find myself switching fairly regularly between the two modes which is why I added this gesture.
    I did NOT know that! Man you've added some awesome gesture features.. I can't wait for your new videos.. need to study up, this app is like homework in college.. lol.

edit: I didn't mean that in a bad way, I freaking love it! :P
  4.    #64  
    I did NOT know that! Man you've added some awesome gesture features.. I can't wait for your new videos.. need to study up, this app is like homework in college.. lol.

edit: I didn't mean that in a bad way, I freaking love it! :P
    It might not be obvious at first (since many people don't make use of the pinch/zoom gesture), but it makes sense once you think about it. There definitely is a lot of little things to learn about the app.

Speaking of the videos... I actually have to re-record the "Mini-player" video because of the new "music controls" module I added in 2.0.9. I'm also still rotating them to fit the phone display. I don't know if it's the application I'm using, but it takes so long to rotate each one.

I'll keep working on getting the videos rotated and hopefully soon will get them uploaded.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to fix this. The API to determine if the screen is locked is private. I tried calling it and it failed because my app id doesn't have permission.

Could you give us an option to disable banners completely?
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcherian View Post
    Could you give us an option to disable banners completely?
    That's not a bad idea...sure I'll add that.

Confirmed you fixed the Karaoke bug. Much Thanks! Works as it should now.
  8.    #68  
    Confirmed you fixed the Karaoke bug. Much Thanks! Works as it should now.
    Thanks for reporting it.

I downloaded the Koto player demo today. I must say that when comparing it to the stock music player it is a step up. However when you compare it to Music Player Remix, it just doesn't stack up. Remix is much more full featured with a better UI. That said there are 2 things that the app supports, that I think would be great additions to Remix. The first is another option for Just Type integration. (I've attached an example of this.) Being able to search music without opening the app is pretty useful. The other would be ratings and play count(either through last.fm or just the app). Again, I beleive your app blows Koto out of the water, I just like a few things they've done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    When you push updates out will they be just to the 2.X catalog version or also to the webfeed version you submitted for those of us running 2.1 but showing 1.4.5?

If that webfeed one was a one time thing I'll go ahead and delete it and download the regular app catalog version.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    When you push updates out will they be just to the 2.X catalog version or also to the webfeed version you submitted for those of us running 2.1 but showing 1.4.5?

If that webfeed one was a one time thing I'll go ahead and delete it and download the regular app catalog version.
    Updates will always be submitted for all versions of the app (app catalog version, trial version, and web feed version). I would never stop updating any of these versions.

In fact, a new update (2.0.9) was just published for all 3 versions.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 03/08/2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: fixed typo

12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I downloaded the Koto player demo today. I must say that when comparing it to the stock music player it is a step up. However when you compare it to Music Player Remix, it just doesn't stack up. Remix is much more full featured with a better UI. That said there are 2 things that the app supports, that I think would be great additions to Remix. The first is another option for Just Type integration. (I've attached an example of this.) Being able to search music without opening the app is pretty useful. The other would be ratings and play count(either through last.fm or just the app). Again, I beleive your app blows Koto out of the water, I just like a few things they've done.
    You already have Just Type integration with Music Player (Remix). I just implemented it in a different (and I think better) way. If you go to the FAQ on the app's Help screen, there are instructions on how to set up Just Type integration.

Instead of presenting results directly in Just Type (like Koto), I chose to implement in-app search which can be initiated from webOS's Just Type. There are several reasons I chose to do this:

1) The biggest reason is the webOS Just Type search algorithm is not as good as it could be. For instance, if I have the song "We are the world" and I type "world" into Just Type, Koto will find it because it's able to search for sub-strings at the beginning of every word. But if I have a song "No Diggity (Remix)" and type in "mix", it won't find it because it doesn't perform a true sub-string search. On the other hand, my app will find it. As long as the search string is anywhere within the song/album/artist/genre/playlist/flylist name, it'll find it. Another example would be if I named a flylist "Slowjams". If I intentionally or accidentally left out the space in between words and type in "jam", my app will find it. Apps using "Just Type" will not.

2) For an app to present results in Just Type, it has to own the db8 database where the data resides. Thus, 3rd party music apps cannot present media library data in Just Type since they don't own the data. So I assume Koto is copying all of the data to its own database and thus has to try to sync the global media library database with its own. This can get ugly when people add new music, delete music, or edit tags and the app doesn't handle the syncing properly.<br />

3) Just Type results can only be tapped. By having the results in the app, I can provide additional options (via the "+" icon next to each search result).

4) When you are in the app, you can just start typing and get instant results without having to first minimize the app.

In regards to play count, my app already does that. That's one of the things used by Autolists. I just don't currently display them to the user. If enough people ask for it, I supposed I can display this information. I just didn't see too much of a need for it.

In regards to ratings, I contemplated storing ratings on the device, but most people who set MP3 ratings want them to be written to the actual tags. I probably won't implement ratings until I can come up with a solution to write the information directly to the tags. If I do it, I want to do it in the best way possible.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 03/22/2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Added 4th reason for implementing in-app universal searching

Hmm, I actually just tried this functionality and something isn't working.. It worked before on a previous version but isn't on 2.0.9. What is happening is I'll type what I want in just type and hit the open and search with Music Remix, and it launches music remix and just sits there showing me my favs like I'd just launched the app. I can then type the same thing I just typed and it then searches and displays it fine. I've just tried this with 2 diff songs. Perhaps I need to reboot the phone since the 2.0.9 update. I'll report back.

Update: Rebooted phone and still same prob. It's like the search functionality isn't working anymore, it's just launching the app.. I've definitely had it work correctly in a previous version..
    Last edited by volcom45; 03/08/2011 at 06:00 PM.
    Hmm, I actually just tried this functionality and something isn't working.. It worked before on a previous version but isn't on 2.0.9. What is happening is I'll type what I want in just type and hit the open and search with Music Remix, and it launches music remix and just sits there showing me my favs like I'd just launched the app. I can then type the same thing I just typed and it then searches and displays it fine. I've just tried this with 2 diff songs. Perhaps I need to reboot the phone since the 2.0.9 update. I'll report back.
    I have not had this issue. The reboot will probably take care of that.
  15.    #75  

Update: Rebooted phone and still same prob. It's like the search functionality isn't working anymore, it's just launching the app.. I've definitely had it work correctly in a previous version..
    It works on my phone, so no it's not broken in 2.0.9. Just Type in webOS sometimes has issues. Try going into Just Type preferences and delete the "Music Player (Remix)" launch & search selection. Then add it back in and try again.

It works on my phone, so no it's not broken in 2.0.9. Just Type in webOS sometimes has issues. Try going into Just Type preferences and delete the "Music Player (Remix)" launch & search selection. Then add it back in and try again.
    Yeah, just tried that very thing, same prob. I did just re-cache the Koto player search just before trying it, wouldn't think that would do anything. I am also running Uberkernel at 1Ghz.. I'll keep trying things. Perhaps a full delete of the app and reinstall will fix it..
  17.    #77  
    Yeah, just tried that very thing, same prob. I did just re-cache the Koto player search just before trying it, wouldn't think that would do anything. I am also running Uberkernel at 1Ghz.. I'll keep trying things. Perhaps a full delete of the app and reinstall will fix it..
    I'm guessing deleting and re-installing the app would work.

If the app is simply launching without displaying the universal search panel, that means it's not receiving the correct launch parameters from Just Type. Can you try the "Load Playlist" quick action to see if that's working? If you haven't used it before, what it does is search for a sub-string within any playlist, flylist, or autolist name and loads that list. Or if you type "resume", it will load the auto-bookmark. Or if you type "shuffle", it will shuffle all music.

I did just re-cache the Koto player search
    For StuntmanMark, this is part of reason #2 in my post above. I don't want people to have to "re-cache" anything for the search function to work. It should just work. And it should produce the most comprehensive results possible.

I'm guessing deleting and re-installing the app would work.

If the app is simply launching without displaying the universal search panel, that means it's not receiving the correct launch parameters from Just Type. Can you try the "Load Playlist" quick action to see if that's working? If you haven't used it before, what it does is search for a sub-string within any playlist, flylist, or autolist name and loads that list. Or if you type "resume", it will load the auto-bookmark. Or if you type "shuffle", it will shuffle all music.
    Surprisingly enough, delete and reinstall didn't fix the problem. I just tried the "Load Playlist" option as well and same thing, just loads the app and does nothing. I just tested another just type functionality to make sure its working correctly at all with other apps and it worked fine. StuntManMark, are you on 2.0.1 or 2.1?

Haha, even better:
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-2-1-...ition-mode-tow
    Curious if you update to 2.1, if you have my issue now..

Dan, if you wanted to email me the ipk for 2.07 or 2.08, I'd install and see if it works again just for troubleshooting purposes.. or we could just wait and see if anyone else runs into this on 2.1. I know you're on 2.0.1 still, correct?
  19.    #79  
    Surprisingly enough, delete and reinstall didn't fix the problem. I just tried the "Load Playlist" option as well and same thing, just loads the app and does nothing. I just tested another just type functionality to make sure its working correctly at all with other apps and it worked fine. StuntManMark, are you on 2.0.1 or 2.1?
    That's very interesting. Are you running 2.0 (Pre 2) or 2.1 (Pre- or Pre+)? When you said you tested another "Just Type", did you test another quick action (like "Load Playlist")?

Do you have Lumberjack installed? If so, can you email me the Music Player (Remix) log? My email address can be found on the app's help screen.

20.    #80  
    Haha, even better:
    webOS 2.1 released OTA to Pre 2 phones, Exhibition mode in tow | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Curious if you update to 2.1, if you have my issue now..

Dan, if you wanted to email me the ipk for 2.07 or 2.08, I'd install and see if it works again just for troubleshooting purposes.. or we could just wait and see if anyone else runs into this on 2.1. I know you're on 2.0.1 still, correct?
    Are you running 2.0.1 or 2.1? I'm running 2.1.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast