Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #761  
    Version 2.5.4 has been published in the catalog. If it's not available now, it should be within an hour.

If you have a Pre 3, you should definitely pick up the update since it fixes an album art display error on the Now Playing screen. But of course everyone else should get it too.

Here's the complete changelog:

- Enhancement: Add a new “Which audio formats are supported” FAQ on the app's Help screen.

- Enhancement: Add a new “How to add music to the device” FAQ on the app's Help screen.

- Enhancement: Add a new “What are flylists” FAQ on the app's Help screen.

- Bug Fix: Fix the display of the album art on the Now Playing screen on the Pre 3.

- Bug Fix: The title bar on the Changelog, Hidden Features, and FAQ screens didn’t display properly in landscape mode on phones.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    - Enhancement: Add a new “Why to add music to the device” FAQ on the app's Help screen for those that can't get it to play music without having done so.. :P
  3.    #763  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    - Enhancement: Add a new “Why to add music to the device” FAQ on the app's Help screen for those that can't get it to play music without having done so.. :P
    Several people emailed me asking how to get their music on the device, so I figured I'd add the FAQ even though technically it's not specific to the operation of my app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Several people emailed me asking how to get their music on the device, so I figured I'd add the FAQ even though technically it's not specific to the operation of my app.
    I know, was making a joke at that situation you tweeted about
  5.    #765  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I know, was making a joke at that situation you tweeted about
    Ahh...just caught the "why" in front of your version of the FAQ. Thankfully nobody asked that question yet.

I've never seen this happen, nor have I heard anyone else report this issue.

If this happens again, you can email me the app's log and I can see if something sticks out. Just let me know what you were doing at the time of the log. To retrieve the app's log, you can use an app called Lumberjack available in Preware.

I've tested this a bit more -- I think it has something to do with when I place my pre2 on the touchstone while the playlist is still loading. I was able to get this to happen on purpose. Seems to work fine if I place it on the touchstone THEN touch the auto-resume shortcut, or if I allow it to load completely before putting it on the touchstone.

It still doesn't really bother me that much, this is not really a complaint. It still might be specific to my pre2 only, but I just thought you might like to know anyway, in case it ever does come up again with anyone else.

I don't think there's any need for you to review any log files, but if you want me to send them to you anyway then I'll get that program and send them to you. Just let me know.
  7.    #767  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    I've tested this a bit more -- I think it has something to do with when I place my pre2 on the touchstone while the playlist is still loading. I was able to get this to happen on purpose. Seems to work fine if I place it on the touchstone THEN touch the auto-resume shortcut, or if I allow it to load completely before putting it on the touchstone.

It still doesn't really bother me that much, this is not really a complaint. It still might be specific to my pre2 only, but I just thought you might like to know anyway, in case it ever does come up again with anyone else.

I don't think there's any need for you to review any log files, but if you want me to send them to you anyway then I'll get that program and send them to you. Just let me know.
    Thanks for the update. Yeah if that's what you're seeing then I'd let it fully load before putting it on the TouchStone, or just put it on before running the app.

8.    #768  
    Version 2.5.5 has been submitted. It contains an exciting new feature that I've been wanting to do for quite awhile. You'll now have the ability to optionally attach a note to a Twitter/Facebook song post so you can share your thoughts on the song you're posting. And the notes you attach will be visible on the Discovery screen.

There are a few other enhancments & fixes as well. I'll post the full changelog once the update goes live in the catalog.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Had a little strange behavior with 2.5.4 today. I update earlier (~05:00) and started using MPR ~07:00, shutdown ~12:00 for lunch, started back up ~13:00 and MPR had lost all of my preferences (Mini-Player, Now Playing, Misc, Twitter) and had set everything to defaults and the first run screen came up. I have never had MPR do that before.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  10.    #770  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Had a little strange behavior with 2.5.4 today. I update earlier (~05:00) and started using MPR ~07:00, shutdown ~12:00 for lunch, started back up ~13:00 and MPR had lost all of my preferences (Mini-Player, Now Playing, Misc, Twitter) and had set everything to defaults and the first run screen came up. I have never had MPR do that before.
    There's a bug in webOS (one of a gazillion) that can cause apps to lose all their cookies (where prefs are stored). So yes, it can happen every now in any app that uses cookies.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Dan,

I have three problems on the Touchpad:
    1) Can you please show the rotation lock button. I like to lock rotation for Music Remix but not for the howl device
    2) I have entered a Pin on the lock screen. My Touchpad do not ask for the pin any more, As soon as I used Music Remix once. I need to Reboot that it asks for the Pin again when I switch it on.
    3) Some album covers are not shown in the Artist selection. When I open the artist all albums have covers. I assume that you always take the cover from the first album of the artist. I can send you an album where this happens if you tell me a eMail address.

Hape
    Last edited by HaPe; 10/11/2011 at 03:39 AM.
  12.    #772  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    1) Can you please show the rotation lock button. I like to lock rotation for Music Remix but not for the howl device
    It won't work on the TouchPad due to the way it registers orientation changes in Mojo apps. That's why I disabled it. If you want rotation lock, you'll have to use the system-wide option.

2) I have entered a Pin on the lock screen. My Touchpad do not ask for the pin any more, As soon as I used Music Remix once. I need to Reboot that it asks for the Pin again when I switch it on.
    The app has nothing to do with enabling/disabling the PIN on the device. If it's happening, it's due to a webOS bug. The only thing Remix has control over is whether the mini-player notifications are clickable on the lock screen. Try out the stock music app (which also has clickable controls on the lock screen) and see if it produces the same results.

3) Some album covers are not shown in the Artist selection. When I open the artist all albums have covers. I assume that you always take the cover from the first album of the artist. I can send you an album where this happens if you tell me a eMail address.
    I think there are still issues where album art won't display on the artist/album screens in certain conditions. I think one issue may be when the "artist" and "album artist" tags are different in the song files. Can you check your song files (on your device) and see if that's the case for this particular album?

13.    #773  
    I've uploaded a new video demonstrating the new enhanced social networking features in version 2.5.5 (which should be available any day now).

Check it out:

14.    #774  
    Version 2.5.5 should be live in the catalog. Go grab it!

Be sure to check out the new "attach a note to a song post" feature. And if you find a song you like on the Discovery screen, tap on that person's avatar image and reply/retweet to let the person know!

15.    #775  
    HP released their weekly "free app" promo codes early this week. Music Player (Remix) is one of them! So if you're interested in getting the app for free, better jump on it quickly! Here's the original forum thread listing all the codes: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...issue-6-a.html

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Congratulation on making the HP promo give-a-way. I was just coming here to spread the word, but it figures that you would already know.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    HP released their weekly "free app" promo codes early this week. Music Player (Remix) is one of them! So if you're interested in getting the app for free, better jump on it quickly! Here's the original forum thread listing all the codes: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...issue-6-a.html
    These codes only work in US. I don't imagine you have any control over that, do you? I live in Canada, and I keep missing out on these promos!
  18.    #778  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    These codes only work in US. I don't imagine you have any control over that, do you? I live in Canada, and I keep missing out on these promos!
    Developers don't have control over these "app giveaway" codes. They're issued directly from HP. But I hear the app is really good and well worth the price, so you may want to consider picking it up.

Also, HP has been issuing international codes every now and then. They seem to announce them via their @palm Twitter account, so you may want to follow them. For instance, incredible! had international codes issued last week.

hape likes this.
  19.    #779  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Congratulation on making the HP promo give-a-way. I was just coming here to spread the word, but it figures that you would already know.
    Thanks! Yeah I knew about it, but just found out earlier today.

This app just keeps getting better and better! Thanks again Dan! Already got the latest version of it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!