Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Remix is picking up my voice memos. Is there any way to exclude certain directories, or even just individual files, from what it considers music to be played?
  2.    #742  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Remix is picking up my voice memos. Is there any way to exclude certain directories, or even just individual files, from what it considers music to be played?
    Remix, or any other music app using the webOS media indexer, will pick up all supported audio files on the USB partitiion unless the folder name begins with a period. If the voice memo app you're using doesn't have an option to save the file in a folder beginning with a period, you should talk to the developer about that.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Remix, or any other music app using the webOS media indexer, will pick up all supported audio files on the USB partitiion unless the folder name begins with a period. If the voice memo app you're using doesn't have an option to save the file in a folder beginning with a period, you should talk to the developer about that.
    Thanks, that should work.
  4.    #744  
    Version 2.5.2 is now available in the catalog. Check out the 1st post in this thread for the changelog.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

After having installed the 2.5.2 update, my Pre 3 (EU) canīt be accessed via telefone call any more. The tone says "line free", but the Pre 3 is not responding. All calls lead finally in the voicebox.

Any idea, if this can be caused by the last update?

Iīve two Pre3s in the office with identical patches. One can be reached, the other (updated this morning with Music Player (Remix) 2.5.2.) not.
  6.    #746  
    Quote Originally Posted by dirlon View Post
    After having installed the 2.5.2 update, my Pre 3 (EU) canīt be accessed via telefone call any more. The tone says "line free", but the Pre 3 is not responding. All calls lead finally in the voicebox.

Any idea, if this can be caused by the last update?

Iīve two Pre3s in the office with identical patches. One can be reached, the other (updated this morning with Music Player (Remix) 2.5.2.) not.
    Absolutely no. Music Player (Remix), or any other app from the official catalog, would not have the ability to affect phone calls or any other phone functions.

OK, I guess I have to doctor the phone now. Thank you for your fast feedback!
  8.    #748  
    Version 2.5.3 has been submitted with a bug fix (Albums or Artists screen may not load if you have any songs with null tags). Also for some reason the icon in the app catalog is displaying in gray scale. So I've re-uploaded the icons and hopefully the app catalog will display it properly.

The web feed edition should be avaiable sometime today. The app catalog version should be available in a few days after HP reviews it.

9.    #749  
    Version 2.5.3 has been submitted with a bug fix (Albums or Artists screen may not load if you have any songs with null tags). Also for some reason the icon in the app catalog is displaying in gray scale. So I've re-uploaded the icons and hopefully the app catalog will display it properly.

The web feed edition should be avaiable sometime today. The app catalog version should be available in a few days after HP reviews it.
    Version 2.5.3 is now live in the catalog...and the icon is back in color!

I'm certainly not the only one with a Pre 3 without access to paid applications, so there's no chance to buy your app through the app catalog. Is there any other way to buy it? If not, would you consider adding a activation code or some similar method to the application so it could be bought online?
  11.    #751  
    Quote Originally Posted by naranek View Post
    I'm certainly not the only one with a Pre 3 without access to paid applications, so there's no chance to buy your app through the app catalog. Is there any other way to buy it? If not, would you consider adding a activation code or some similar method to the application so it could be bought online?
    No I can only sell it through the official app catalog. Look back a page in this thread for another post of mine discussing the reason behind this.

Looking into buying this app. I downloaded Audiophile, but wasn't impressed with the interface. MP Remix looks like a much slicker interface, but I cannot seem to find if it has a crossfade feature. Does it have a crossfade feature and is there a list somewhere of all major features? Thanks!
  13.    #753  
    Quote Originally Posted by dajedikidd View Post
    Looking into buying this app. I downloaded Audiophile, but wasn't impressed with the interface. MP Remix looks like a much slicker interface, but I cannot seem to find if it has a crossfade feature. Does it have a crossfade feature and is there a list somewhere of all major features? Thanks!
    The app doesn't have crossfade since I use standard webOS HTML 5 audio which limits what I can do with the audio.

Many of the app's major features are listed in the app catalog description, but really that only scratches the surface. There are tons of features all throughout the app...too many to list in the app description. Also you can check out my YouTube videos for a demonstration of many of the features.

And if you have any specific questions about any of the features, you can post them here.

I love this app. I can't believe how many features the stock player just doesn't have, my phone would be useless as a music player without your app.

I wonder though if there is a way to randomize a playlist, and have it remember the randomized order after closing and reopening? Of course, it does remember which song was playing and at what point in the song it was stopped, but it won't remember which songs have already been played when randomized. Is there a setting I'm missing, or is this just not possible?

As a workaround, I just randomize my playlists on my pc every now and then before syncing them to my phone. I don't really mind doing this, but if there's an easier way in the program preferences i'd prefer to do it that way.

Another little issue I sometimes have -- I'd say about half the time I use the shortcut to auto-resume, it opens to the song that was playing but won't actually play it. (Yes, I did try pressing play, as well as using the spacebar to toggle play/pause, doesn't make a difference.) The only way I've found to fix this is to close the app and reopen it. Opening the program normally and pressing "resume" manually seems to be more reliable. No big deal really, just a little bug I noticed.. wondering if anyone else has that problem, or if it's my phone causing it.
  15.    #755  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    I love this app. I can't believe how many features the stock player just doesn't have, my phone would be useless as a music player without your app.
    I'm glad you like it!

I wonder though if there is a way to randomize a playlist, and have it remember the randomized order after closing and reopening? Of course, it does remember which song was playing and at what point in the song it was stopped, but it won't remember which songs have already been played when randomized. Is there a setting I'm missing, or is this just not possible?
    No this is not currently possible. It remembers the position within the list (album track #, playlist song #, etc.), but not which songs were already played in a shuffled list.

Another little issue I sometimes have -- I'd say about half the time I use the shortcut to auto-resume, it opens to the song that was playing but won't actually play it. (Yes, I did try pressing play, as well as using the spacebar to toggle play/pause, doesn't make a difference.) The only way I've found to fix this is to close the app and reopen it. Opening the program normally and pressing "resume" manually seems to be more reliable. No big deal really, just a little bug I noticed.. wondering if anyone else has that problem, or if it's my phone causing it.
    I've never seen this happen, nor have I heard anyone else report this issue.

If this happens again, you can email me the app's log and I can see if something sticks out. Just let me know what you were doing at the time of the log. To retrieve the app's log, you can use an app called Lumberjack available in Preware.

No I can only sell it through the official app catalog. Look back a page in this thread for another post of mine discussing the reason behind this.
    Thanks for your answer. I don't see the SDK license as limitation if you distribute the free software using the app catalog, but have a registration code that unlocks all the features. You could check this code against a online database or just make a checksum (which might get cracked or leaked of course) from email or device ID or something. I think that at least Grooveshark client works using external payment and user accounts. A lot of open source software accepts donations and you can buy software easily online so it should be doable, but of course I understand if it's just too much trouble for you.
  17.    #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by naranek View Post
    Thanks for your answer. I don't see the SDK license as limitation if you distribute the free software using the app catalog, but have a registration code that unlocks all the features. You could check this code against a online database or just make a checksum (which might get cracked or leaked of course) from email or device ID or something. I think that at least Grooveshark client works using external payment and user accounts. A lot of open source software accepts donations and you can buy software easily online so it should be doable, but of course I understand if it's just too much trouble for you.
    I'm not sure if HP would see this solution as compliant with their SDK agreement. While I wouldn't be selling the app itself outside of the catalog, I would be selling the registration code that activates the app and HP wouldn't get their normal 30% cut.

But regardless of that, as I mentioned in my previous post, I still prefer not to sell the app outside of the catalog (whether it's selling an actual app or a registration code).

18.    #758  
    Version 2.5.4 has been submitted to the catalog. It contains a display fix for the album art on the Now Playing screen on the Pre 3. It also contains a few new FAQs. Look for it in a few days. The web feed edition update should go live later tonight.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Dan,

when I switched the Music Remix wallpaper on my TP I realiced that it display it different then webOs.

A wallpaper for the TP has the size of 1024x1024. Webos then displays the middle part of it. E.g. in portray it shows the part x:128-869 y:0-1024, for landscape it shows x:0-1024 y:128-869. As a result you see the middle part of the wallpaper in both orientations.
    I created all my wallpapers to have the important part in the centre. Now Music Remix always shows the upper left part of the wallpaper. As a result the middle part is in lower right corner or not on the screen at all.

Could you please change this to display it the same way as webos dose.

Here are some examples: webOS.O.S. wallpapers for your phone, tablet, and computer! | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

HaPe
  20.    #760  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi Dan,

when I switched the Music Remix wallpaper on my TP I realiced that it display it different then webOs.

A wallpaper for the TP has the size of 1024x1024. Webos then displays the middle part of it. E.g. in portray it shows the part x:128-869 y:0-1024, for landscape it shows x:0-1024 y:128-869. As a result you see the middle part of the wallpaper in both orientations.
    I created all my wallpapers to have the important part in the centre. Now Music Remix always shows the upper left part of the wallpaper. As a result the middle part is in lower right corner or not on the screen at all.

Could you please change this to display it the same way as webos dose.

Here are some examples: webOS.O.S. wallpapers for your phone, tablet, and computer! | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

HaPe
    I made changes recently to how wallpaper is displayed. See the changelog for details.

For now it's going to have to be this way to allow for multiple wallpaper resolutions. If I can find a way to improve it without sacrificing the ability to set multiple wallpaper resolutions, I will. Unfortunately the CSS implementation in webOS apps makes it difficult to display wallpaper properly for all image resolutions.