Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    That would be great. I don't like using the mechanical volume switch.
    Well I tried using the same code that the stock music app is using to control volume, and it doesn't work. It appears the stock music app is using a private/undocumented API. So it won't be possible to add a volume control to Remix since I'm using standard HTML audio for playback.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Dan,

one request for the touchpad version. Could you add a coverflow scene?
    I can use the Albums list right now, but the covers are very small. I would like to have a big cover preview to scroll though and let me inspire to which album I would like to listen now.

HaPe
  3.    #723  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi Dan,

one request for the touchpad version. Could you add a coverflow scene?
    I can use the Albums list right now, but the covers are very small. I would like to have a big cover preview to scroll though and let me inspire to which album I would like to listen now.

HaPe
    I may have an idea along those lines...
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Hey Dan
    I just recieved my HP Touchpad from USA. I currently live in Denmark, and i'm not included to the countries that can have paid apps. Is there any other possibility to get the App and pay you for it?
  5.    #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by Berenja View Post
    Hey Dan
    I just recieved my HP Touchpad from USA. I currently live in Denmark, and i'm not included to the countries that can have paid apps. Is there any other possibility to get the App and pay you for it?
    No unfortunately I can only distribute the app via the official HP app catalog.

Is there any specific reason to this?
    When i wanted to buy Kalemsoft, and figured i couldn't acces paid apps they had a way.
    The way they handled it was to pay for the app on their website. Download the .ipk file, install it and then confirm with the same email, as the one i used to pay with paypal.
    It seemed like a simple good solution to people outside of the countries allowed to have paid apps.
  7.    #727  
    Is there any specific reason to this?
    When i wanted to buy Kalemsoft, and figured i couldn't acces paid apps they had a way.
    The way they handled it was to pay for the app on their website. Download the .ipk file, install it and then confirm with the same email, as the one i used to pay with paypal.
    It seemed like a simple good solution to people outside of the countries allowed to have paid apps.
    The main reason is Section 4.3 of the SDK License Agreement that I and every webOS developer agrees to when downloading the SDK. It specifically states that you cannot distribute your app anywhere outside of the HP app catalog without a separate written agreement with HP. The only exception to this rule that HP has publicly allowed is the distribution of free apps via Homebrew. But paid apps is a whole different story.

Perhaps Kalemsoft received special permission or perhaps they're breaking the SDK License agreement. I don't have special permission, so I'll follow the SDK License Agreement.

But even so, I probably wouldn't be interested in distributing the app myself. I'd have to set up my own commerce site to handle taxes, IPK distribution (including updates), payments, refunds, etc. It's very convenient for an individual like myself to let HP handle all of this, which is why I'm willing to pay them 30% of my app revenue.

Ahh ok i understand. Haven't been read through the SDK License Agreement myself, sorry. I'll settle with a free App since i doubt the paid appstore will open in my country. Thanks for the quick replies.
  9.    #729  
    Ahh ok i understand. Haven't been read through the SDK License Agreement myself, sorry. I'll settle with a free App since i doubt the paid appstore will open in my country. Thanks for the quick replies.
    Well they recently added Australia and New Zealand, so you never know...

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Hey Dan
    You might want to check out this thread http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3054029 , it may help.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Thanks for the tip! I found it myself earlier today and read through that thread and i think i've found a solution. Just gotta wait 'till next buisnessday, which should be monday.
    @Dan The reason i'm pessimistic about this is that Denmark is very very bureaucratic on all sorts of technology :S. We only just got paid apps in Android.. And well, if HP is cutting down on the WebOS staff it doesn't seem that likely that they'll go ahead and add it to Denmark from my point of view. But one can hope

Untill then i've reset my TP, changed region to USA and just waiting for my prepaid card / adress combo in USA to get approved, hopefully on Monday, so it looks like i will get to use the App, among alot of other paid apps afterall. Just gave up too quick.
  12.    #732  
    Thanks for the tip! I found it myself earlier today and read through that thread and i think i've found a solution. Just gotta wait 'till next buisnessday, which should be monday.
    @Dan The reason i'm pessimistic about this is that Denmark is very very bureaucratic on all sorts of technology :S. We only just got paid apps in Android.. And well, if HP is cutting down on the WebOS staff it doesn't seem that likely that they'll go ahead and add it to Denmark from my point of view. But one can hope

Untill then i've reset my TP, changed region to USA and just waiting for my prepaid card / adress combo in USA to get approved, hopefully on Monday, so it looks like i will get to use the App, among alot of other paid apps afterall. Just gave up too quick.
    Hopefully you get it working. I wish HP would have released the app catalog in more countries from the start.

Yea, these locationbased restrictions suck. But i guess they compared the money they should spend on legal work compared to the money they would earn and figured it wasn't worth the hassle.
  14.    #734  
    Version 2.5.2 has been submitted to the catalog and has a ton of cool new enhancements & a few bug fixes. It should be available in the catalog in a few days. The Web Feed edition should be available tonight.

Here's the complete changelog:

- New Feature: On the Artist detail screen, add a new button (bottom-right corner of the screen) to toggle between album list and song list views. Add an option on the Preferences screen ('Misc' section) to choose the default view.

- Enhancement: Add 'Shuffle' and 'Repeat' toggles as customizable swipe options on the Now Playing screen (configurable on the Preferences screen).

- Enhancement: When toggling the Shuffle or Repeat options, display a banner message indicating the new Shuffle or Repeat mode.

- Enhancement: Stretch the wallpaper to the size of the display so you can use wallpaper images that are smaller, larger, or the same size as the device's display.

- Enhancement: Add a blurb to the 'webOS media permissions bug' info popup to indicate the error popup may appear if you don't have any supported audio files on the device.

- Enhancement: Remove the song change notification when manually changing tracks using the mini-player on the device's lock screen.

- Bug Fix: The play/pause media button on the TouchPad bluetooth keyboard was not working (NOTE: the spacebar will also function as a pause/play button. Refer to the FAQ for the other keyboard shortcuts). Thanks to Nick P. for submitting the fix for this.

- Bug Fix: Under certain conditions, downloaded album art would sometimes not appear on the Artists, Albums, or Artist Albums screens.

- Bug Fix: If you loaded a list with a file whose song path contained a bracket and you tried tapping on that song in list view, it would fail to start playing.

- Bug Fix: The song change notification icon would sometimes appear distorted (rainbow dots) on the TouchPad. (NOTE: They will now appear with an upside-down Remix icon).

- Bug Fix: When displaying the app menu on the Pre 3, a small portion of the screen did not blur out like it should.

- Bug Fix: Easter egg #2 can now be solved on the TouchPad.

- Bug Fix: Improve animation of Easter Egg #4 on the TouchPad in portrait orientation.

Thanks for the keyboard fix. Sorry I couldn't help more.*

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  16.    #736  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Thanks for the keyboard fix. Sorry I couldn't help more.*

The standard keyboard shortcuts still worked. It was just the media control keys that didn't work. And honestly, I think it would be easier to use the spacebar to play/pause vs. the dedicated play/pause button.

I didn't even realize the spacebar would work. The main time that I use the media controls is when the app is minimized or not in focus. It's a lot quicker to pause to pause or skip that way.

PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  18.    #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I didn't even realize the spacebar would work. The main time that I use the media controls is when the app is minimized or not in focus. It's a lot quicker to pause to pause or skip that way.

Yeah if it's minimized, the spacebar won't work. There are other keyboard shortcuts by the way. Check out the FAQ for a complete list.

What's the difference between the catalog and web feed editions ?
  20.    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by me101 View Post
    What's the difference between the catalog and web feed editions ?
    Nothing in regards to functionality. I created the web feed edition for folks who were using frankenpres before they were able to access webOS 2.x apps in the catalog.

The only difference is the web feed edition will not update automatically and won't download automatically if you doctor your device.