Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Yes, I tried that, but it did not work. I tried to get some information from /var/log/messages when logged in to a console. I found this here when i start the application:

2011-09-20T18:07:37.903869Z [329] webos-device user.warning activitymanager[1450]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:com.hedami.musicplayerremix]
    2011-09-20T18:07:39.650604Z [331] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.hedami.musicplayerremix: Error: MEDIADBAUDIOSERVICE NOT TABLET, palmInitFramework383:2569
    2011-09-20T18:07:40.524871Z [332] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.hedami.musicplayerremix: Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'mainmenu_list' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined, palmInitFramework383:2569
    2011-09-20T18:07:40.543334Z [332] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.hedami.musicplayerremix: Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'favesList' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined, palmInitFramework383:2569
    2011-09-20T18:07:40.561767Z [332] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.hedami.musicplayerremix: Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'searchResultsList' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined, palmInitFramework383:2569
    2011-09-20T18:07:40.947662Z [332] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.hedami.musicplayerremix: Error: CHECKPERMISSIONS - permission was granted previously - PHONE, palmInitFramework383:2569
    2011-09-20T18:07:41.175445Z [332] webos-device user.warning activitymanager[1450]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:com.hedami.musicplayerremix]
    2011-09-20T18:07:41.464233Z [333] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.hedami.musicplayerremix: Error: checkPermissionsListSongs, palmInitFramework383:2569
    2011-09-20T18:07:41.485290Z [333] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.hedami.musicplayerremix: Error: CHECKPERMISSIONSLISTSONGS - permission granted, palmInitFramework383:2569
    2011-09-20T18:07:59.881652Z [351] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.hedami.musicplayerremix: Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'searchResultsList' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined, palmInitFramework383:2569
    2011-09-20T18:08:02.276733Z [353] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.hedami.musicplayerremix: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'info' of undefined, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/mojo.jsjsjs:$295$
    2011-09-20T18:08:05.179748Z [356] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.hedami.musicplayerremix: Error: response.songs.length = 50, palmInitFramework383:2569
    2011-09-20T18:08:05.408721Z [357] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.hedami.musicplayerremix: Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'searchResultsList' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined, palmInitFramework383:2569

Also I found several lines of this kind:

2011-09-20T18:10:41.462371Z [513] webos-device user.err fileparserd-demon[2029]: Unable to parse id3 from memory!
    2011-09-20T18:10:41.469177Z [513] webos-device user.err fileparserd-demon[2029]: Unable to parse id3 from memory!
    2011-09-20T18:10:41.485260Z [513] webos-device user.err fileparserd-demon[2029]: Unable to parse id3 from memory!
    2011-09-20T18:10:41.523223Z [513] webos-device user.err fileparserd-demon[2029]: Unable to parse id3 from memory!

Can you make anything out of this?
    Last edited by mbert; 09/20/2011 at 01:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I now have it working. Don't ask me how. I tried several things like renaming files and folders etc., and now, suddenly, after I-don't-know-how-many restarts the tracks show up just fine, so do the playlists.

To me it seems like the WebOS services had problems and bailed out when parsing the mp3 files (as there were some files with cyrillic id3 tags and as encoding is always a problem with these I guess it must have had something to do with them).

Now I can enjoy your wonderful app!
  3.    #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    I now have it working. Don't ask me how. I tried several things like renaming files and folders etc., and now, suddenly, after I-don't-know-how-many restarts the tracks show up just fine, so do the playlists.

To me it seems like the WebOS services had problems and bailed out when parsing the mp3 files (as there were some files with cyrillic id3 tags and as encoding is always a problem with these I guess it must have had something to do with them).

Now I can enjoy your wonderful app!
    I'm glad you got it working.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I went ahead and added a recommended -must buy- to my getting started guide. I was a long time user of remix on my pre- and I've gotta say danPLC, you've outdone yourself on this one.

Love the app, love the functionality, and I hope the extra exposure with new users helps make your work worthwhile.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  5.    #705  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I went ahead and added a recommended -must buy- to my getting started guide. I was a long time user of remix on my pre- and I've gotta say danPLC, you've outdone yourself on this one.

Love the app, love the functionality, and I hope the extra exposure with new users helps make your work worthwhile.
    Thanks a bunch for the great endorsement! I noticed you still had Remix listed as being in "closed beta" (below the new Remix summary you added).

I'm going to have to read through that whole "TouchPad get started" post. Tons of information there.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Thanks a bunch for the great endorsement! I noticed you still had Remix listed as being in "closed beta" (below the new Remix summary you added).

I'm going to have to read through that whole "TouchPad get started" post. Tons of information there.
    Ahh, yeah, I forgot I had a little mention of it later in the post, I'll go ahead and take it out of there .

Anyway, it's still grabbing something north of 1000 views per day, I imagine most from new touchpad owners finding us here. Hopefully it'll bear fruit for you .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  7.    #707  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Ahh, yeah, I forgot I had a little mention of it later in the post, I'll go ahead and take it out of there .

Anyway, it's still grabbing something north of 1000 views per day, I imagine most from new touchpad owners finding us here. Hopefully it'll bear fruit for you .
    I'm sure it'll help.

Hey, just bought the app, its pretty awesome, though I am having a problem with the playlists syncing. I still am seeing two playlists that were deleted long ago, and none of my new ones....restarted a few times, gave it plenty of time to sync, still nothing. Also, could you go into more depth about how the m3u files should look in a text editor, I couldn't find any info on that...But the issue with the ghost playlists really bugs me, there seems to be no "refresh" option. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I just noticed that NONE of the new songs I added to my touchpad are showing up... I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times, It still keeps the same old file paths as before, I don't know what else to do??

Double Edit: I have also tried the media permissions bug ipk thing, it didn't do anything even after a restart, music player is still stuck with dead links and dead playlists . I really want this beautiful app workin again!
    Last edited by bmenot; 09/22/2011 at 02:17 AM.
  9.    #709  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmenot View Post
    Hey, just bought the app, its pretty awesome, though I am having a problem with the playlists syncing. I still am seeing two playlists that were deleted long ago, and none of my new ones....restarted a few times, gave it plenty of time to sync, still nothing. Also, could you go into more depth about how the m3u files should look in a text editor, I couldn't find any info on that...But the issue with the ghost playlists really bugs me, there seems to be no "refresh" option. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I just noticed that NONE of the new songs I added to my touchpad are showing up... I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times, It still keeps the same old file paths as before, I don't know what else to do??

Double Edit: I have also tried the media permissions bug ipk thing, it didn't do anything even after a restart, music player is still stuck with dead links and dead playlists . I really want this beautiful app workin again!
    You're having issues with the webOS media indexer. It has nothing to do with the app itself. I'm sure you'll find the same issue when running the stock music app. The media indexer is part of webOS and runs in the background to pick up new audio files and playlists. There's a known issue in all versions of webOS where the media indexer sometimes stops picking up new/updated files.

Search the forums for "media indexer" and you should find several threads with suggestions on how to resolve the issue. Here's one of those threads: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-updating.html There are several suggestions in that thread and most likely one of them will work for you. You can also search the thread (and others) for the word "TouchPad" which may lead you to a solution specific to the TouchPad.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I have basically given up try to figure out how to force the Media Indexer to re-index. I just give it time, since it will eventually re-index on its own. This not to say that this issue is not serious impediment to a great OS, the HP webOS development team should have made this one of their must fixes long ago.

Edit: Sorry for the partial rant, I know I am preaching to the choir.
    Last edited by noseph; 09/22/2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: appology
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I noticed while working on Audiophile's indexer that if you open a file in C using the "r+" command, the indexer gets triggered (which is annoying for Audiophile, but good for the user base as a whole). I am thinking someone could write a small app that just traverses the entire directory structure and opens and closes every media file with "r+" extension. There are some issues if you try to force it to index too many files at once; it will start throwing FileIO errors because of the read/write buffer filling up.

However, my guess is someone could probably implement something similar using node.jsjsjs $that$ $traverses$ $the$ $directory$ $structure$ $in$ $a$ $slower$ $and$ $more$ $methodical$ $manner$, $and$ $just$ $opens$ $any$ $music$ $file$ $it$ $finds$ $for$ $appending$.
  12.    #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    I noticed while working on Audiophile's indexer that if you open a file in C using the "r+" command, the indexer gets triggered (which is annoying for Audiophile, but good for the user base as a whole). I am thinking someone could write a small app that just traverses the entire directory structure and opens and closes every media file with "r+" extension. There are some issues if you try to force it to index too many files at once; it will start throwing FileIO errors because of the read/write buffer filling up.

However, my guess is someone could probably implement something similar using node.jsjsjs $that$ $traverses$ $the$ $directory$ $structure$ $in$ $a$ $slower$ $and$ $more$ $methodical$ $manner$, $and$ $just$ $opens$ $any$ $music$ $file$ $it$ $finds$ $for$ $appending$.
    I'm not sure this would solve everybody's problem. I think there are other things causing indexer issues. For instance, I remember Ben (in dev relations) saying that the indexer will sometimes delay in running due to other background processes running.

Well, tried everything from every thread, removed the var/data/ database file, restarts, erasing all m3u files, restarts, masking folders restarts unmasking restarts...nothing seems to ****ing make this indexer work for music @ all, even when it reindexes the photos it still wont do music!?!! So frustrating!

EDIT: IT JUST STARTED WORKING. After much trial and error, I simply deleted all music from the touchpad. Ejected from usb, went to music app. Said no music files (good). Went back to usb mode started copying music into the folder, and making m3u's using CreateM3u ( http://lostfound.raum108.de/create_m3u/ ) . Music app now updates with every eject and app reload. All new songs and playlists appearing as they should. Dunno what it was that made it finally work, but musta been a combination of deleting that db file and deleting all mp3s off touchpad first. I hope this saves someone some time/frustration.
    Last edited by bmenot; 09/22/2011 at 12:09 PM.
  14.    #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmenot View Post
    Well, tried everything from every thread, removed the var/data/ database file, restarts, erasing all m3u files, restarts, masking folders restarts unmasking restarts...nothing seems to ****ing make this indexer work for music @ all, even when it reindexes the photos it still wont do music!?!! So frustrating!

EDIT: IT JUST STARTED WORKING. After much trial and error, I simply deleted all music from the touchpad. Ejected from usb, went to music app. Said no music files (good). Went back to usb mode started copying music into the folder, and making m3u's using CreateM3u ( CreateM3U ) . Music app now updates with every eject and app reload. All new songs and playlists appearing as they should. Dunno what it was that made it finally work, but musta been a combination of deleting that db file and deleting all mp3s off touchpad first. I hope this saves someone some time/frustration.
    Thanks for reporting back. The media indexer can definitely be moody.

15.    #715  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    quick glitch (or maybe just my phone) when I tap the arrow on a song to play after next or add to playlist (forgot what that menu is called) tapping the X does not do anything instead I have to backswipe
    I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. Can you tell me step-by-step how to re-create this scenario?

This is probably a dumb question, but I can't find it or reference to it -is there a volume control?
  17.    #717  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, but I can't find it or reference to it -is there a volume control?
    Smart a** answer: Yeah the volume keys on the side of your device.

Serious answer: No, not in the app. In webOS 2.x, 3rd party music apps using the standard HTML audio did not have access to volume controls within the app. I'm not sure if that's changed in 3.x. If it has, I may add a volume slider on the TouchPad.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Smart a** answer: Yeah the volume keys on the side of your device.

Serious answer: No, not in the app. In webOS 2.x, 3rd party music apps using the standard HTML audio did not have access to volume controls within the app. I'm not sure if that's changed in 3.x. If it has, I may add a volume slider on the TouchPad.
    That would be great. I don't like using the mechanical volume switch.

AudiophileHDPro has a cool volume wheel. Or a slider would be nice. Maybe an icon next to the clock timer, which when tapped, presents a vertical volume slider.

Another handy feature, would be an option in preferences to move the right hand column with "Shuffle All, Discovery, Autolists, etc" over to the left hand side (for us lefties).

Is it possible to incorporate streaming from internet sites into this, if a URL were typed in and bookmarked?

Just bought this in the last hour and started playing with it. Great app!
  19.    #719  
    AudiophileHDPro has a cool volume wheel. Or a slider would be nice. Maybe an icon next to the clock timer, which when tapped, presents a vertical volume slider.
    That's because it doesn't use standard HTML audio. If I'm able to implement a volume control, it would primarily be on the Now Playing screen. If it appeared on other screens, I would include it in the mini-controls popup (displayed when you tap the top of any screen).

Another handy feature, would be an option in preferences to move the right hand column with "Shuffle All, Discovery, Autolists, etc" over to the left hand side (for us lefties).
    The right-side positioning is actually deliberate. On phones, I couldn't put the column on the left-side because then Faves couldn't be deleted (by swiping them off the screen). This is due to the limited width of phones in portrait orientation. So I had to position it on the right-side.

Since the TouchPad version runs off the same codebase as the phone version, it also has the column on the right-side. Technically I could allow this to be customizable on the TouchPad, but then phone users would wonder why they can't have the same option.

Is it possible to incorporate streaming from internet sites into this, if a URL were typed in and bookmarked?
    A lot of people have asked about this type of thing (for podcasts mostly), but since there are other podcast solutions out there, I've never considered this a high priority.

Just bought this in the last hour and started playing with it. Great app!
    Thanks!

quick glitch (or maybe just my phone) when I tap the arrow on a song to play after next or add to playlist (forgot what that menu is called) tapping the X does not do anything instead I have to backswipe