Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Question:

Can you specify the file location where the music player looks for music, or do the files have to be in the root folder? I synced to a folder called "Music", but the app does not find the songs.

Thanks!
  2.    #682  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottLive5 View Post
    Just bought this app...Here's my review: WOW! AND HOLY CRAP!
    Don't forget to post that review in the app catalog (but if you do, list some reasons why it's "WOW AND HOLY CRAP").
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #683  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Question:

Can you specify the file location where the music player looks for music, or do the files have to be in the root folder? I synced to a folder called "Music", but the app does not find the songs.

Thanks!
    The files can be in any folder on the device, as long as the folder name doesn't start with a period. Do the songs show up in the stock music app? There are some issues with the webOS media indexer where songs will not appear right away. I'd suggest rebooting your device and seeing if the songs appear in the stock music app as well as mine.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    So what happens if you go to this link on your phone: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec....hedami.mprweb
    It opens the app catalog which tells me that I need to install the system update and try again. Impostah still tells me that "com.hedami.mprweb" could not be found. The system updates app also doesn't notify me of an update.

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm on AT&T so my Palm Profile lists me as running webOS 1.4.0
    Just got the update - so happy to see this finally getting into the app catalog, congrats Dan I see that a flylist I created on my Pre3 has been copied over along with all my twitter/fb/last.fm settings - very cool. I had to re-authenticate facebook & twitter, but all up and running like a dream now!

ps. updated my review in the catalog too

kenny.
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
  6.    #686  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcherian View Post
    Edit: I forgot to mention I'm on AT&T so my Palm Profile lists me as running webOS 1.4.0
    That's probably why. Impostah used to function as a workaround for this limitation, but based upon feedback from others, it seems it no longer does. I've asked others to inquire about this in the Impostah discussion thread so you may want to search in there.

7.    #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
    Just got the update - so happy to see this finally getting into the app catalog, congrats Dan I see that a flylist I created on my Pre3 has been copied over along with all my twitter/fb/last.fm settings - very cool. I had to re-authenticate facebook & twitter, but all up and running like a dream now!

ps. updated my review in the catalog too

kenny.
    Yep, flylists are stored in db8 so they get backed up to your Palm Profile everyday. Account info isn't stored in db8 which is why it didn't restore.

I'm glad you're liking the TouchPad version. Based on the feedback, it seems most people like the update.
    love the tp version! The only thing that irks me, still is I have to go into the list view to hit shuffle, instead of it being on the now playing screen
    hape likes this.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    love the tp version! The only thing that irks me, still is I have to go into the list view to hit shuffle, instead of it being on the now playing screen
    Yes i miss the suffel on the nof playing screen too. Even as it isent avalable as a swipe action.
    I do not use the swipe actions at all, but tried to use it for suffeling on the now playing scene. But it is not there.
    Woud that be a chance to add it Dan?

HaPe
  10.    #690  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Yes i miss the suffel on the nof playing screen too. Even as it isent avalable as a swipe action.
    I do not use the swipe actions at all, but tried to use it for suffeling on the now playing scene. But it is not there.
    Woud that be a chance to add it Dan?

HaPe
    That's not a bad idea.

Purchased the Touchpad version last night. Awesome work Dan. I've missed this app without question. Best music app I've used on my Pre minus (still use it) and now on my Tpad. Thanks again!

I'll post a review on the app catalog once I get a chance later tonight!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Purchased the app for my Pre3 today. Copied music to the card and created playlists using VLC. VLC writes absolute paths to the files into the .m3u files, so I edited them and removed the parent folders, so that the entries point to relative paths. Verified that the file entries match. Still the lists don't show up in Remix.

An entry from the file looks like this:

#EXTINF:0,komu_vnyz-rozryta_mohyla.mp3
    ukrainian/komu_vnyz-rozryta_mohyla.mp3

Any hint how I can get a hint why Remix does not accept the playlist files?
    Changed my old 5 star review to a 5 star review
  14.    #694  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Purchased the Touchpad version last night. Awesome work Dan. I've missed this app without question. Best music app I've used on my Pre minus (still use it) and now on my Tpad. Thanks again!

I'll post a review on the app catalog once I get a chance later tonight!
    Cool thanks!

15.    #695  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    Purchased the app for my Pre3 today. Copied music to the card and created playlists using VLC. VLC writes absolute paths to the files into the .m3u files, so I edited them and removed the parent folders, so that the entries point to relative paths. Verified that the file entries match. Still the lists don't show up in Remix.

An entry from the file looks like this:

#EXTINF:0,komu_vnyz-rozryta_mohyla.mp3
    ukrainian/komu_vnyz-rozryta_mohyla.mp3

Any hint how I can get a hint why Remix does not accept the playlist files?
    The paths should be relative to the M3U file. So in your example, the "ukranian" folder should be in the same folder as the M3U file. If it is, try changing it to this:

./ukrainian/komu_vnyz-rozryta_mohyla.mp3

I synced a playlist using HP Play and this is the total contents of the M3U file:

../1 Accord/Booty Call Soundtrack/06 - DON'T STOP, DON'T QUIT-2.mp3
    ../3rd Bass/Derelicts Of Dialect/06 - Pop Goes The Weasel.mp3
    ../50 Cent/Get Rich or Die Tryin/50 Cent - P.I.M.P. (Remix)-2.mp3

In my case, the artist folders are one folder up from the M3U file.

Great work on the TouchPad conversion Dan. I absolutely love it and will update my review soon!
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    The paths should be relative to the M3U file. So in your example, the "ukranian" folder should be in the same folder as the M3U file. If it is, try changing it to this:

./ukrainian/komu_vnyz-rozryta_mohyla.mp3
    Tried this, no change. This is really strange ,because on my old device it worked just nice. Unfortunately I don't have access to it anymore. Is there any place things like syntax errors in playlist files would get logged?
  18.    #698  
    Tried this, no change. This is really strange ,because on my old device it worked just nice. Unfortunately I don't have access to it anymore. Is there any place things like syntax errors in playlist files would get logged?
    Have you checked the stock music app? If the playlist doesn't show up in there then it's definitely a syntax error of some kind.

It should work if you have your paths specified correctly. Perhaps you can try removing everything from the file except for the path definitions. That works for me on my device.

I'm not aware of any log that would show playlist syntax errors.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Have you checked the stock music app? If the playlist doesn't show up in there then it's definitely a syntax error of some kind.
    Yep, the stock music app does not load the playlist either.

Could it also have to do with the songs in the list? I have this funny effect of having some songs displayed twice in both Remix and the stock app, although the file exists only once.

I also stripped the ID3 tags from all files, but it seems like the app has their contents cached somewhere. Is there a way to clear and re-generate the list of files?
  20.    #700  
    Yep, the stock music app does not load the playlist either.

Could it also have to do with the songs in the list? I have this funny effect of having some songs displayed twice in both Remix and the stock app, although the file exists only once.

I also stripped the ID3 tags from all files, but it seems like the app has their contents cached somewhere. Is there a way to clear and re-generate the list of files?
    Did you try my suggestion of listing only the file paths in the M3U file (as I had in my example a few posts above)?

Other than that, I don't know what to suggest. As long as the relative paths are correct, it should pick up the M3U playlist.