Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    The pause/play and skip buttons on the Bluetooth keyboard for the TouchPad don't work. Is this an issue with MPR or is it an issue with webOS 3.0?
    I'm guessing the key presses from the keyboard are not registering in the app without a textbox having the focus. But I can't say for sure since I don't have the bluetooth keyboard to test with. I assume it works if you bring up the in-app universal search, right?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm guessing the key presses from the keyboard are not registering in the app without a textbox having the focus. But I can't say for sure since I don't have the bluetooth keyboard to test with. I assume it works if you bring up the in-app universal search, right?
    The play/pause and skip buttons don't work even if you're in universal search. Also I don't need to press the button in the app to search, I can just start typing.
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  3.    #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    The play/pause and skip buttons don't work even if you're in universal search. Also I don't need to press the button in the app to search, I can just start typing.
    I was referring to searching in universal search, not using the music control buttons. Music control buttons definitely won't work while displaying the in-app universal search.

Can you go to the "Songs" screen and try using the keyboard music controls, then email me the Lumberjack log? In the email, specify which keys you pressed and in which order.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Just a quick FYI to Dan and others reading this:

Being Monday, my weekly radio show rotation began again. Last week's files were deleted and Monday's file added (gotta love shell rsync scripts!). Being that I have Remix (and Koto) resume by default, usually I just open it, swipe back to main scene, select "album", choose this month (it's the way I tag things), and tap today's track and off it goes. Being that it's the first day of the week, Remix (Koto does it too), tries to resume a file that doesn't exist (you just blank art and 0:00 of 0:00) because ALL of the files it knew about were gone at app open.

I decided to see what would happen.

I just let it sit on the "resumed" (blanked) Now Playing scene. After about 5 seconds, the Now Playing automatically started playing today's track by itself without my intervention. So, the Media Service did indeed see the loss of last week's tracks, added today's, "refreshed" this "month's" playlist and Remix just started plowing into it.

Good show!

Just thought I'd pass it on for others (and you Dan, of course).

M.
  5.    #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Just a quick FYI to Dan and others reading this:

Being Monday, my weekly radio show rotation began again. Last week's files were deleted and Monday's file added (gotta love shell rsync scripts!). Being that I have Remix (and Koto) resume by default, usually I just open it, swipe back to main scene, select "album", choose this month (it's the way I tag things), and tap today's track and off it goes. Being that it's the first day of the week, Remix (Koto does it too), tries to resume a file that doesn't exist (you just blank art and 0:00 of 0:00) because ALL of the files it knew about were gone at app open.

I decided to see what would happen.

I just let it sit on the "resumed" (blanked) Now Playing scene. After about 5 seconds, the Now Playing automatically started playing today's track by itself without my intervention. So, the Media Service did indeed see the loss of last week's tracks, added today's, "refreshed" this "month's" playlist and Remix just started plowing into it.

Good show!

Just thought I'd pass it on for others (and you Dan, of course).

M.
    Music Player (Remix) not only remembers the track (and time) you were last playing, it remembers the list you were listening to (whether it be a flylist, playlist, album, artist, faves, genre, etc.). So I presume it just played whatever came next in your particular list.

Incidentally, if you were in a flylist, playlist, or the faves list and you decided to play some other type of music (or audio), you could later resume those lists by tapping the "bookmark" icon at the bottom of the list screen. So not only does it keep track of your last played song/list, it keeps track of your position in each flylist/playlist/faves list.

Hi Dan, are you expecting this to hit the app catalog soon?
  7.    #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Hi Dan, are you expecting this to hit the app catalog soon?
    I submitted it a week ago and it's been stuck in the "Submitted" step. HP dev relations said they're looking into it. But needless to say, based upon previous experience, I'm not too hopeful that this will be resolved in the near future. I always seem to run into app submission issues that boggle the minds of the HP engineers.

If HP ever figures out a way to post my update, I'll announce it here and on Twitter (@Hedami).

Impatientlly waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Impatientlly waiting
    +1
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10.    #670  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    impatientlly waiting :d
    +1,000,000

sledge007 likes this.
    hmm... I have a Pre+ running 2.1.0 that has the web feed edition installed. I can't update using the direct link because it then launches the app catalog which tells me that I need to update.

I'm pretty sure that I installed earlier updates using Impostah and app id 'com.hedami.mprweb'. But now Impostah tells me that it can't find an application with that app id. Has anyone here run into this problem?
  12.    #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcherian View Post
    hmm... I have a Pre+ running 2.1.0 that has the web feed edition installed. I can't update using the direct link because it then launches the app catalog which tells me that I need to update.

I'm pretty sure that I installed earlier updates using Impostah and app id 'com.hedami.mprweb'. But now Impostah tells me that it can't find an application with that app id. Has anyone here run into this problem?
    So what happens if you go to this link on your phone: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec....hedami.mprweb

13.    #673  
    As you probably know (if you've been following this thread or me on Twitter), the app's been stuck in the "Submitted" state. HP has been investigating for over a week now. But this morning things made a turn for the better. The app is in the "Ready for Review" state. So I'm hopeful that it will be released soon! Stay tuned...

Sweet can't wait for it to come out !!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15.    #675  
    Music Player (Remix) is now live in the TouchPad app catalog! Go grab it! And once you've tried it out, give me a shout out on Twitter (@Hedami) and let me know what you think.

noseph and hape like this.
    is there a way to create a new playlist from the list of songs stored on the touchpad?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Congratulations on getting MPR to the App Catalog. I updated my original review to include TouchPad.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    capt4chris likes this.
  18.    #678  
    Quote Originally Posted by nbdylovesyou View Post
    is there a way to create a new playlist from the list of songs stored on the touchpad?
    Yes, you can create what I refer to as "flylists" within the app. Go to the "Flylists" screen from the Home screen. Then tap the "+" icon at the bottom of the screen to add a new flylist.

Then from any screen, or from within the in-app universal search results, tap the "+" icon next to any item (song, album, artist, genre, playlist) and select "Add to Flylist". Then select which flylist to add the item to.

19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Congratulations on getting MPR to the App Catalog. I updated my original review to include TouchPad.
    Thanks for updating your review!

Just bought this app...Here's my review: WOW! AND HOLY CRAP!