Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Go to the app catalog and find MPR. If it is recorded on your profile that you have bought it, then it will say Download for Free.
    Dan,

I purchased MPR for my Verizon Pre Plus, but this past week, my antenna died (hardware issue, sadly), and I had to replace it with a new Pre Plus. I am in the process of getting it up and running again and (of course) the first app I wanted to use was MPR. The HP Catalog wants to charge me $3.99 for it again, though I'm positive I bought it when it became an official app in the catalog (I'm not certain, but I think I bought it in about May). Any ideas?
  2.    #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by lslincoln View Post
    Dan,

I purchased MPR for my Verizon Pre Plus, but this past week, my antenna died (hardware issue, sadly), and I had to replace it with a new Pre Plus. I am in the process of getting it up and running again and (of course) the first app I wanted to use was MPR. The HP Catalog wants to charge me $3.99 for it again, though I'm positive I bought it when it became an official app in the catalog (I'm not certain, but I think I bought it in about May). Any ideas?
    You may have bought the Web Feed edition which can be found here: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec....hedami.mprweb
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You may have bought the Web Feed edition which can be found here: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec....hedami.mprweb
    Thank you so much, that was exactly it. I got it installed. Incidentally, what is the difference between the editions (or just send me to a link that will explain it)?
  4.    #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by lslincoln View Post
    Thank you so much, that was exactly it. I got it installed. Incidentally, what is the difference between the editions (or just send me to a link that will explain it)?
    They're 100% identical. I created the Web Feed edition for folks like you who were running Pre+ or Pre- devices with 2.0 meta-doctors.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

5.    #645  
    Music Player (Remix) version 2.5.0 has been submitted to the catalog and should be available soon. It contains fullscreen support for the TouchPad, as well as several enhancements for phones.

toaste, deduce, hape and 2 others like this.
    Nice job, Dan. Another milestone in webOS land
    sledge007 likes this.
    Hey!

I have another Wish List item, but this one I'm not sure it possible at all but I don't know.

Is it in any way possible to "refresh current play list"? I listen to stuff that (literally, not figuratively) changes every week day; one file gets added to a playlist every weekday. Monday the files (and playlist in turn) gets wiped and the process repeats. Gotta love shell scripts using rsync to my main machine...

Current scenario: I add the file to my phone, fire up a media player, pause for a bit while the DB updates, and to "refresh" the current play list (just think of this as a genre list), go back to the home screen, reselect the playlist, play the list, then select the day's track.

It's a lot of steps...

Is it possible for the Now Playing Scene to update/reload the playlist on-the-fly, so all I have to do is hit the Next Track button (after a delay for the DB to update, of course)? Or maybe the ability to assign this action to one of your scene-swipe gesture grabbers, or a menu item, or something, if you're not crazy about it happening automatically?

Yes, Dan, I am aware that your focus is on the TouchPad right now. This is only a Wish List item.

M.

P.S.
    I promised myself I wouldn't bug you with my thoughts like this concerning your app when I bought this one so we didn't have a repeat of last year, but...
  8.    #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Hey!

I have another Wish List item, but this one I'm not sure it possible at all but I don't know.

Is it in any way possible to "refresh current play list"? I listen to stuff that (literally, not figuratively) changes every week day; one file gets added to a playlist every weekday. Monday the files (and playlist in turn) gets wiped and the process repeats. Gotta love shell scripts using rsync to my main machine...

Current scenario: I add the file to my phone, fire up a media player, pause for a bit while the DB updates, and to "refresh" the current play list (just think of this as a genre list), go back to the home screen, reselect the playlist, play the list, then select the day's track.

It's a lot of steps...

Is it possible for the Now Playing Scene to update/reload the playlist on-the-fly, so all I have to do is hit the Next Track button (after a delay for the DB to update, of course)? Or maybe the ability to assign this action to one of your scene-swipe gesture grabbers, or a menu item, or something, if you're not crazy about it happening automatically?

Yes, Dan, I am aware that your focus is on the TouchPad right now. This is only a Wish List item.

M.

P.S.
    I promised myself I wouldn't bug you with my thoughts like this concerning your app when I bought this one so we didn't have a repeat of last year, but...
    The "refresh" is in the webOS media indexer. Apps have no control over when the indexer picks up the new files in the playlist. And until the indexer updates, the app won't see the new files in the playlist.

First of all - I love your app
    My question, is it planned or possible at all to include last.fm streaming radio support?
  10.    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    First of all - I love your app
    My question, is it planned or possible at all to include last.fm streaming radio support?
    No, I'm pretty sure that would require a commercial license since I'd be using it in a paid app.

The "refresh" is in the webOS media indexer. Apps have no control over when the indexer picks up the new files in the playlist. And until the indexer updates, the app won't see the new files in the playlist.
    If I'm reading you right (I know, I know...), then this is already kinda happening (after an indeterminate amount of time)? Either way, thank you for passing on the knowledge, man!

M.
    Will the current app just be updated ? I'm assuming yes . I thought I already bought the app , but realized I didn't so I bought it yesterday lol I think I had the old homebrew version or something .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    If I'm reading you right (I know, I know...), then this is already kinda happening (after an indeterminate amount of time)? Either way, thank you for passing on the knowledge, man!

M.
    Yeah the update sometimes is instantaneous...and sometimes not so much.

14.    #654  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Will the current app just be updated ? I'm assuming yes . I thought I already bought the app , but realized I didn't so I bought it yesterday lol I think I had the old homebrew version or something .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yeah the current Music Player (Remix) in the catalog is being updated. So if you purchase the phone version, you'll get the TouchPad version.

Is there any way to sync flylists between the touchpad and phone? I know it syncs when you first download the app, but after that is there a way to do it?
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  16.    #656  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Is there any way to sync flylists between the touchpad and phone? I know it syncs when you first download the app, but after that is there a way to do it?
    No not currently. That would require some type of server solution. I never put serious thought into that since most people didn't have more than one webOS device prior to the TouchPad.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi all,

the new version is avalable in the web feed. The app catalog hasen't beed updated until now.

So If you, like me, whant to get Remix to your TouchPad now and whant to support Dan for making it avalable on the TouchPad select the following link and buy it from the web feed.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire....hedami.mprweb

Dan, thanks for you work. That was on of the apps I missed mose on my Touchpad even if I only have one for some days now. I hope you will continue to work for WebOS on the TouchPad. I love you designs and user interfaces.

HaPe
    toaste likes this.
  18.    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi all,

the new version is avalable in the web feed. The app catalog hasen't beed updated until now.

So If you, like me, whant to get Remix to your TouchPad now and whant to support Dan for making it avalable on the TouchPad select the following link and buy it from the web feed.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire....hedami.mprweb

Dan, thanks for you work. That was on of the apps I missed mose on my Touchpad even if I only have one for some days now. I hope you will continue to work for WebOS on the TouchPad. I love you designs and user interfaces.

HaPe
    Thanks a lot for the support. Yes it's available in the web feed. But one thing to keep in mind is that Web Feed apps will not update automatically. You'll need to bookmark the web feed link and update it yourself.

Speaking of updates, version 2.5.1 has been issued in the Web Feed and should be live today. For those running the Web Feed edition, you should update as it contains a few bug fixes.

Once version 2.5.0 is approved in the catalog version, I'll issue the 2.5.1 update there as well.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot for the support. Yes it's available in the web feed. But one thing to keep in mind is that Web Feed apps will not update automatically. You'll need to bookmark the web feed link and update it yourself.
    Yep, i know that. I will switch to the app catalog verseion as soon as it is avalable.

HaPe
    The pause/play and skip buttons on the Bluetooth keyboard for the TouchPad don't work. Is this an issue with MPR or is it an issue with webOS 3.0?
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK