Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    I've thought about this regarding passing app data between devices. Like how save/restore backs up data to a folder to be reloaded into the app on the same device.

Well what if, instead of keeping that copy of data on the same device, that device could send the data to another device with Touch To Share and automatically be loaded into the app on another webOS device!

That would obviously require the OS to be involved on a level its probably not ready for...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yeah we'll have to see what capabilities Touch-to-share will provide in the future.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I don't plan on doing any patches or overclocking. While I'm sure most patching is harmless, I've seen some that cause issues. For instance, the "muffle system logging" patch on phones causes the media indexer to not pick up new files. I think the stock configuration will work ok.
    That seems strange. Does the indexer scan through the logs for something?

I'll have to remove that patch and try to reload the music on my phone to my touchpad and see if it finds all of it this time.
  3.    #583  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    That seems strange. Does the indexer scan through the logs for something?

I'll have to remove that patch and try to reload the music on my phone to my touchpad and see if it finds all of it this time.
    I never experienced it myself since I don't have that patch (or any patches) installed on my device. But several people have reported that removing the patch fixed their issue when everything else failed.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I'm sure this question has been answered, but searching is failing me at the moment. I had flylists set up on the Homebrew edition, and I recently plussed my Sprint Pre, and then upgraded to 2.1.0. I obviously had to buy MPR 2.0 since it's the best thing out there. Is there any way to import my flylists from the Homebrew edition?
  5.    #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    I'm sure this question has been answered, but searching is failing me at the moment. I had flylists set up on the Homebrew edition, and I recently plussed my Sprint Pre, and then upgraded to 2.1.0. I obviously had to buy MPR 2.0 since it's the best thing out there. Is there any way to import my flylists from the Homebrew edition?
    No unfortunately there's no way to do that. Flylists in the app catalog version are designed and stored very differently than flylists in the homebrew version.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 08/14/2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: fixed typo

I know that this isn't available for the TouchPad and it makes sense for Dan not to put it in that catalog, but I was wondering if anybody knows how to install it on a TouchPad with Impostah. I've tried and have had no luck. I'm going through withdrawal.
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Well when you first load a TouchPad, it loads from the phone profile. I did that and it loaded Music Player Remix automatically. But I had to doctor my TouchPad and loaded my TouchPad profile, but it didn't load Music Player Remix. Very odd...
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Well when you first load a TouchPad, it loads from the phone profile. I did that and it loaded Music Player Remix automatically. But I had to doctor my TouchPad and loaded my TouchPad profile, but it didn't load Music Player Remix. Very odd...
    When the TouchPad first came out, Music Player Remix was marked as a compatible app. Dan (Hedami) changed that because there is a number of issue with the app on the TouchPad. It still plays music, so I would like to give it a try, but I understand why he doesn't want it out there for mass consumption.

9.    #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    When the TouchPad first came out, Music Player Remix was marked as a compatible app. Dan (Hedami) changed that because there is a number of issue with the app on the TouchPad. It still plays music, so I would like to give it a try, but I understand why he doesn't want it out there for mass consumption.
    That's almost accurate. I marked it as incompatible before the TouchPad was ever released because I don't want new TouchPad users buying an app that doesn't work as intended. However HP (due to a bug on their app portal site) marked it as compatible. I then submitted another meta-data update to remove the compatibility flag.

But regardless of this flag, people used to be able to download it using Impostah (assuming they previously purchased it); however HP seems to have changed something that prevents the Impostah workaround from working. You may want to search or ask in the Impostah thread why it no longer works.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I was initially able to use Impostah to load Music Player Remix, but unfortunately I had to doctor my TouchPad and discovered that that method no longer works. What does work is to use Internalz Pro on your Pre and copy the Music Player Remix application folder to the /media/internal/ folder. Then connect to your PC and copy the just copied folder to your PC and use http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-packager.html to repackage. Place this new ipk on your TouchPad and use Internalz Pro to open it and it will install on your TouchPad.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Thanks. It worked great.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi DanPLC,

do you plan to continue on the Touchpad version that you started? With that amount of new Touchpads that are souled now (also waiting for mine) it could still pay out for you if you do not need to long to build or adopt it.

HaPe
  13.    #593  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi DanPLC,

do you plan to continue on the Touchpad version that you started? With that amount of new Touchpads that are souled now (also waiting for mine) it could still pay out for you if you do not need to long to build or adopt it.

HaPe
    I have my TouchPad on order with HP. If they fulfill my order, I'm sure I'll probably work on it. So keep an eye out for it. I'll post updates on here as well as on Twitter (@Hedami).

A few people have asked me about the app on the Pre 3 too. So I'll probably be working on the remaining formatting issues and get it submitted for the Pre 3. I'll be busy this week, so I probably won't work on it until next week.

sledge007 and KromaXamorK like this.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I have my TouchPad on order with HP. If they fulfill my order, I'm sure I'll probably work on it.
    I thought you picked one up during the first sale at the beginning of August?

15.    #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I thought you picked one up during the first sale at the beginning of August?
    I returned it when HP dropped their bomb. The main purpose of buying it was to develop apps, so when HP announced there would be no new hardware, I felt I had to return it.

But then when they went on sale for $100, I decided to pick it up again because at the very least I could use it as an e-book reader and my daughter could continue playing with it. Just that would be worth the $100 price, in addition to all the other things you can do with it like browsing (with flash), email, etc.

So if my HP order goes through, I may land up finishing Remix. I'd like to have a good music app on there and there will be a decent number of users out there.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I hope you get your HP order. I would love to purchase two TouchPad versions of Music Player Remix.

so i cant use remix on my shiney new tp
  18.    #598  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    so i cant use remix on my shiney new tp
    No not yet, unless you follow the instructions posted a few posts up.

Hopefully you'll get yours shipped. This will be a definite purchase for me for my Touchpad if and when it's available. My Touchpad feels incomplete w/o your app. I still use it on my Pre minus.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    capt4chris likes this.
  20.    #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Hopefully you'll get yours shipped. This will be a definite purchase for me for my Touchpad if and when it's available. My Touchpad feels incomplete w/o your app. I still use it on my Pre minus.
    Thanks. I've been torn about making the phone version available on the TouchPad (after tweaking it to make it work properly), but I really don't want people's first experience with Remix on the TouchPad to be in a small emulation window. So I think I'm going to keep it out of the TouchPad catalog until the TouchPad version is done (assuming I ever get my TouchPad!).

Achill3s likes this.