Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It was what I thought it was. It was rendering each image at a lower resolution of 200x200. Now it uses the full resolution of the display. It's amazing I never noticed this issue...all of my album art looks so much nicer now! Thanks again for discovering this issue.

Here's a screenshot of one of the songs you sent me (after implementing the fix):

I am glad you fixed it, Dan, it looks great. Also, I have been abusing the Karoke feature...I think I heard a couple of cat howls, but idc...I didn't think it would be so fun.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I am glad you fixed it, Dan, it looks great. Also, I have been abusing the Karoke feature...I think I heard a couple of cat howls, but idc...I didn't think it would be so fun.
    My wife gives me strange looks when I use it. We're watching American Idol right now and based upon her expressions, I'm fairly sure I won't be trying out in the future. But yes regardless of talent, it's fun to use.

I plan on adding a karaoke sharing feature (via Twitter & Facebook) where brave souls can share their karaoke sessions with their followers/friends. And of course there will be a Discovery-like feature where other Remix users can listen to other people's karaoke sessions.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I predict you're going to start seeing a bunch more sales soon! They've got Verizon and Sprint both officially upgrading profiles correctly now to 2.1 on the palm servers. Only a matter of time before all legacy devices of those interested are up on 2.1 with good profiles!
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I predict you're going to start seeing a bunch more sales soon! They've got Verizon and Sprint both officially upgrading profiles correctly now to 2.1 on the palm servers. Only a matter of time before all legacy devices of those interested are up on 2.1 with good profiles!
    Let's hope so! 2.1 or bust!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

5.    #45  
    Version 2.0.9 of Music Player (Remix) has been submitted to the app catalog. The Web Feed version should be available later today. The standard app catalog version, along with the trial version, should be available later this week.

Here is the complete changelog:

- New Feature: Add a new configurable 'music controls' mini-player module that includes an icon for returning to the app. This and the other mini-player modules can be configured on the app's Preferences screen (accessible from the app menu). This will be handy for people who do not use the 'scrubber bar' module and would like an easy way to get back to the app from the mini-player. (Suggestion by @Adora on Twitter)

- New Feature: Add an option to the app menu on the Now Playing screen to clear all bookmarks from the current song.

- Enhancement: Add a FAQ (on the app's Help screen) for how to delete bookmarks.

- Bug Fix: Embedded album art appeared slightly blurry when being viewed on the Now Playing screen while in 'super-sized album art' mode. (Issue identified by Malpha on PreCentral)

- Bug Fix: If an album had more than 50 songs, only the first 50 would be displayed. (Issue identified by @webOSquire on Twitter)

- Bug Fix: If you record a karaoke session and played the song until the end, the next song's information would be saved to the karaoke session. (Issue identified by volcom45 on PreCentral)

- Bug Fix: If you went into Playlist Preview mode and then switched between 'standard' and 'super-sized' album art modes, the song information from the current song would overwrite the previewed song's information.

This app is awesome. I just upgraded from the Homebrew version a few days ago, and I love all the improvements and new features. I did have one suggestion, though. I was thinking it'd be nice if there was an option to shuffle a playlist or artist in the Faves list. Maybe something similar to the menus that you have next to songs and arttists in universal search.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    This app is awesome. I just upgraded from the Homebrew version a few days ago, and I love all the improvements and new features. I did have one suggestion, though. I was thinking it'd be nice if there was an option to shuffle a playlist or artist in the Faves list. Maybe something similar to the menus that you have next to songs and arttists in universal search.

You can already do this (sort of). By default, the Faves list is treated as one giant list (like a flylist). But there's an option on the Preferences screen (under the "Misc" tab) to treat each fave as a single item. After changing this preference, tap on a fave (playlist, artist, etc.). Then switch to "song list" view (by swiping left-to-right in the gesture area) and tap on the Shuffle icon at the bottom of the screen.

I can't add an icon next to each fave because there's not enough room to do that. But the method I described above will accomplish the same result.

You can already do this (sort of). By default, the Faves list is treated as one giant list (like a flylist). But there's an option on the Preferences screen (under the "Misc" tab) to treat each fave as a single item. After changing this preference, tap on a fave (playlist, artist, etc.). Then switch to "song list" view (by swiping left-to-right in the gesture area) and tap on the Shuffle icon at the bottom of the screen.

I can't add an icon next to each fave because there's not enough room to do that. But the method I described above will accomplish the same result.
    My one nitpick of doing this is that it that you'll always hear that first song. Maybe a double tap to shuffle option? (By the way, the new customizable gestures on the now playing screen are awesome.)

PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  9.    #49  
    My one nitpick of doing this is that it that you'll always hear that first song. Maybe a double tap to shuffle option? (By the way, the new customizable gestures on the now playing screen are awesome.)

As far as I know, you can't detect a double-tap of a list item. The ideal solution would be to have an icon next to each row that would display a popup with options for "play all", "shuffle all", "resume play" (for playlists and flylists), and "view details" (to load the detail screen for that item). But unfortunately there's isn't any room.

If you can think of another idea, let me know.

10.    #50  
    (By the way, the new customizable gestures on the now playing screen are awesome.)
    Yeah it is very handy. I use them for saving faves and viewing the song's YouTube video.
    So just curious, on this bug fix for the blurry images, do we need to go back and re-download our album art with your new version? Or should the already downloaded art now appear better? Was a bit unclear on if there was multiple images downloaded to the device and if the lower res ones needed to be removed first..
  12.    #52  
    So just curious, on this bug fix for the blurry images, do we need to go back and re-download our album art with your new version? Or should the already downloaded art now appear better? Was a bit unclear on if there was multiple images downloaded to the device and if the lower res ones needed to be removed first..
    First of all, I don't think the blurriness occurred on downloaded album art. I think it was only embedded album art. But either way, no you don't have to do anything special. All the album art will appear in its full resolution after the update.

I know we have a script in Save/Restore for the homebrew version of Music Remix, but don't believe we have one for this new App Catalog version. Did you build the last one Dan? If so could you perhaps throw together a new one? If not, I'll make a post about it in the Save/Restore thread and we'll see if anyone is willing. Thanks.
  14.    #54  
    I know we have a script in Save/Restore for the homebrew version of Music Remix, but don't believe we have one for this new App Catalog version. Did you build the last one Dan? If so could you perhaps throw together a new one? If not, I'll make a post about it in the Save/Restore thread and we'll see if anyone is willing. Thanks.
    No I didn't create the homebrew script and that one wouldn't be compatible with the app catalog version since a lot has changed behind the scenes since then.

Most of the crucial data is stored in db8 and synced daily to the Palm Profile, so there's not much of a need for a Save/Restore script. The only data that wouldn't be backed up is:

- Preferences
    - Main menu ("Songs", "Albums", "Discovery", etc.) item order
    - Other misc. data (such as auto-bookmarks for the "resume play" option)

Everything else (bookmarks, flylists, faves, album art associations, karaoke associations) is backed up to the Palm Profile and would be restored if the device was doctored or replaced. And currently if you delete and re-install the app, the data remains as well (although that may be subject to change if Palm starts deleting db8 data when the app is deleted).

I wonder if Save/Restore even supports db8. I don't see any mention of it on their wiki page. But at the very least the cookie and sqlite data can be backed up if someone writes a Save/Restore script (assuming Save/Restore supports webOS 2.0 apps). I don't really have time to do it. I do this in my spare time so any time I spend on the app I want it to be focused on improving the app.

Thats great news, thanks man! My main concern was the work I'm putting into my flylists, so sounds like I'm good to go!
  16.    #56  
    Thats great news, thanks man! My main concern was the work I'm putting into my flylists, so sounds like I'm good to go!
    Hey congrats on your 1000th post (the one I'm responding to right now)!

Hey congrats on your 1000th post (the one I'm responding to right now)!
    Haha wow! Didn't even realize.. good stuff, thanks for the congratulations!
  18.    #58  
    Haha wow! Didn't even realize.. good stuff, thanks for the congratulations!
    I just realized I joined only a month before you and I have 3400 posts. I spend way too much time on here. Of course about 3300 of those posts are probably in the Music Player (Remix) threads...

Great work. I've been using it since Homebrew debut with Pre 1, and it's my first purchase on my new Pre 2.

I'd like to suggest adding song ratings support (1-5 stars), so I can rate my songs on the fly and sync back with Media Monkey.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    Great work. I've been using it since Homebrew debut with Pre 1, and it's my first purchase on my new Pre 2.

I'd like to suggest adding song ratings support (1-5 stars), so I can rate my songs on the fly and sync back with Media Monkey.
    I can't really discuss specifics of what is possible with the webOS media indexer API since the webOS 2.0 SDK is still under NDA. But if this is possible, I'll add this. If not, then I won't. I know...that's vague...but that's all I can say now. Hopefully the 2.0 SDK will be made public soon and I can answer questions like this.

By the way, I personally think it's silly that I still can't discuss details about the 2.0 SDK even though I have a 2.0 app in the catalog on 2.x devices.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast