Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1107
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Thanks, Dan.

    Just curious, does this mean HP is getting their act together?
    No it means there was a serious bug that had to be fixed. Otherwise I wouldn't have made a release.

    HP (the Palm business unit) still doesn't have their act together. They're just fighting to keep their head above the water. Issues and tasks keep piling up for them and they have no time to work on them. As they say in the Palm Dev forums when an issue or action item is mentioned, "it's on the list". The problem is the items on the list never get resolved and the list keeps growing.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  2. #562  
    Hi Dan,

    I doctored my TouchPad last night and I noticed Music Player Remix didn't reload. I'm trying to search for it in the ago catalog but can't find it. Did something change?
  3.    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Hi Dan,

    I doctored my TouchPad last night and I noticed Music Player Remix didn't reload. I'm trying to search for it in the ago catalog but can't find it. Did something change?
    Music Player (Remix) is not available for the TouchPad. Search this thread or my Twitter (@Hedami) for previous discussion on this topic.

    Some people have had success using Impostah to download the app on their TouchPad, but lately that hasn't worked for some people. But it may be worth a try.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. #564  
    I just thought something new had happened since I'm pretty sure it automatically installed when I logged in to my TouchPad for the first time. (The first time you log in to the TouchPad it loads from your phone profile.)

    For what its worth, I love using the app on the TouchPad (works perfect in mini-mode) but it sucks having to manually install apps. You definitely have my vote to unlock the app (as-is!) for use on the TouchPad. :-D

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5.    #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    I just thought something new had happened since I'm pretty sure it automatically installed when I logged in to my TouchPad for the first time. (The first time you log in to the TouchPad it loads from your phone profile.)

    For what its worth, I love using the app on the TouchPad (works perfect in mini-mode) but it sucks having to manually install apps. You definitely have my vote to unlock the app (as-is!) for use on the TouchPad. :-D

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I appreciate the sentiment, but it's not going to happen. I don't want to sell an app to TouchPad users when I know it has issues.

    But if I can work up the nerve to buy a TouchPad today ($300 is a great deal, but it's still $300), it may motivate me to start working on the real TouchPad version of Music Player (Remix).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  6. #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I appreciate the sentiment, but it's not going to happen. I don't want to sell an app to TouchPad users when I know it has issues.

    But if I can work up the nerve to buy a TouchPad today ($300 is a great deal, but it's still $300), it may motivate me to start working on the real TouchPad version of Music Player (Remix).
    I've used your app since very early beta days on the Pre minus (and I still use it on my Sprint Pre minus) and it's by far the best music app. Appreciate all the work you've put into this app Dan. If you ever do get around to working on a Touchpad version of it, I'm buying it, regardless of the cost.

    Thanks again!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7.    #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I've used your app since very early beta days on the Pre minus (and I still use it on my Sprint Pre minus) and it's by far the best music app. Appreciate all the work you've put into this app Dan. If you ever do get around to working on a Touchpad version of it, I'm buying it, regardless of the cost.

    Thanks again!
    Thanks a lot! Well I picked up the TouchPad for $299.99 (tax free weekend) so now I need to make good use of it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  8. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #568  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Thanks a lot! Well I picked up the TouchPad for $299.99 (tax free weekend) so now I need to make good use of it.
    Welcome to my laqtest addiction.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  9.    #569  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Welcome to my laqtest addiction.
    So what type of things are you doing with it?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #570  
    Web, email, movies, music. Need an RDP client and document editing and it would be very useful at work. Right now I am sitting on the deck at a cottage in Maine checking the forum, last night we watched a movie steamed over the internet from my home server to the lake in Maine using Kalemsoft Media Player.

    So right now the answer is entertainment and communication.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
    capt4chris likes this.
  11.    #571  
    Very cool... Can't wait to see what types of things I land up doing with it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12. #572  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Thanks a lot! Well I picked up the TouchPad for $299.99 (tax free weekend) so now I need to make good use of it.
    Great to hear Dan! Its tax free weekend here in TN, what state are you in?

    I actually stream media from PlayOn on my computer. It allows me to use Hulu and Netflix. I also use Twitter (Spaz HD) a ton.

    I recommend reading the following post of suggested patches and installing the public Uberkernel that was released today:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3025826

    Feel free to DM me if you have any questions otherwise these forums are as active as ever!
  13.    #573  
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Great to hear Dan! Its tax free weekend here in TN, what state are you in?

    I actually stream media from PlayOn on my computer. It allows me to use Hulu and Netflix. I also use Twitter (Spaz HD) a ton.

    I recommend reading the following post of suggested patches and installing the public Uberkernel that was released today:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3025826

    Feel free to DM me if you have any questions otherwise these forums are as active as ever!
    I'm in NC. So is there a PlayOn app? Or do you view the PlayOn content in some other way?

    I don't plan on doing any patches or overclocking. While I'm sure most patching is harmless, I've seen some that cause issues. For instance, the "muffle system logging" patch on phones causes the media indexer to not pick up new files. I think the stock configuration will work ok.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  14. #574  
    Yeah, I guess there can be risks with patching. Although the work around for the media files worked fine for me even after installing the "muffle system logging".

    For PlayOn I goto m.playon.tv.
  15.    #575  
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    For PlayOn I goto m.playon.tv.
    Oh very cool!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  16. #576  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I've used your app since very early beta days on the Pre minus (and I still use it on my Sprint Pre minus) and it's by far the best music app. Appreciate all the work you've put into this app Dan. If you ever do get around to working on a Touchpad version of it, I'm buying it, regardless of the cost.

    Thanks again!
    Dan if you do make it for the Touchpad, please allow it to play in the background. I've noticed that some sites or apps will not load in the background (not sure why). Thanks!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  17.    #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Dan if you do make it for the Touchpad, please allow it to play in the background. I've noticed that some sites or apps will not load in the background (not sure why). Thanks!
    Playing in the background is absolutely required on a "next-level multitasking" device.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  18. BBooDad's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    #578  
    I use my Pre2 at work and in car and when waiting bored for stuff to listen to music (with your awesome app as my player!). At home I listen to my Touchpad while doing work in the evening while Facebook's on Exhibition. I would rather listen to TouchPad using your app with sync'd flylists from my Pre2, and your autolist goodness. So here is hoping you bring some TP Music Remix our way!
  19.    #579  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    I use my Pre2 at work and in car and when waiting bored for stuff to listen to music (with your awesome app as my player!). At home I listen to my Touchpad while doing work in the evening while Facebook's on Exhibition. I would rather listen to TouchPad using your app with sync'd flylists from my Pre2, and your autolist goodness. So here is hoping you bring some TP Music Remix our way!
    Thanks...glad you're liking the app. We'll have to see if Phone<-->TouchPad flylist synching will be possible.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  20. #580  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Thanks...glad you're liking the app. We'll have to see if Phone<-->TouchPad flylist synching will be possible.
    I've thought about this regarding passing app data between devices. Like how save/restore backs up data to a folder to be reloaded into the app on the same device.

    Well what if, instead of keeping that copy of data on the same device, that device could send the data to another device with Touch To Share and automatically be loaded into the app on another webOS device!

    That would obviously require the OS to be involved on a level its probably not ready for...

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Posting Permissions