Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Dan: Do you have a plan to fix the [ ] bracket issue in the path of music in MPR? It is seriously annoying to have to manually change the song that is playing every time i load the app...
    The brackets issue was fixed in version 2.0.17. If you're having some type of issue, it's probably not related to the brackets. Can you indicate what the specific issue is? If it's happening with one particular song only, can you email me that song?

But in regards to updates, right now I'm probably not going to be issuing any updates in the near future unless the issue is critical. I've had issues recently with my app being offered on the TouchPad and not being offered on doctored devices after updates (due to HP app portal bugs). I have a feeling if I update, the same issues will crop up again.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The brackets issue was fixed in version 2.0.17. If you're having some type of issue, it's probably not related to the brackets. Can you indicate what the specific issue is? If it's happening with one particular song only, can you email me that song?

But in regards to updates, right now I'm probably not going to be issuing any updates in the near future unless the issue is critical. I've had issues recently with my app being offered on the TouchPad and not being offered on doctored devices after updates (due to HP app portal bugs). I have a feeling if I update, the same issues will crop up again.
    Dan,
    You had identified the issue in this post: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post2983285
    and as of .21 this was still a problem.
    N
  3.    #543  
    Dan,
    You had identified the issue in this post: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post2983285
    and as of .21 this was still a problem.
    N
    Ahh ok... yeah that's the issue with the auto-resume track starting off at the top of the playlist. Yeah that's still on the list. But like I mentioned, I'm not going to make a special release for a smaller issue. It might be annoying to you, but I don't consider it a high priority issue that needs immediate attention.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Ahh ok... yeah that's the issue with the auto-resume track starting off at the top of the playlist. Yeah that's still on the list. But like I mentioned, I'm not going to make a special release for a smaller issue. It might be annoying to you, but I don't consider it a high priority issue that needs immediate attention.
    Any chance of a special release for me? I'm happy to sideload an ipk...
  5.    #545  
    Any chance of a special release for me? I'm happy to sideload an ipk...
    If it's that important to you, why don't you use a utility like this (Introduction - Bulk Rename Utility) to rename any files with brackets? You can replace the brackets with parenthesis and it should get rid of the issue. (NOTE: I haven't tried this particular application so I can't vouch for its effectiveness, but I'm sure there are several ones out there that do the same thing).

If it's that important to you, why don't you use a utility like this (Introduction - Bulk Rename Utility) to rename any files with brackets? You can replace the brackets with parenthesis and it should get rid of the issue. (NOTE: I haven't tried this particular application so I can't vouch for its effectiveness, but I'm sure there are several ones out there that do the same thing).
    I guess i'll just use Koto instead. I don't feel like i should have to change my music library to make your app work right. I understand the HP portal issues, so i'm not begrudging you for it. HP needs to get their act together...
  7.    #547  
    I guess i'll just use Koto instead. I don't feel like i should have to change my music library to make your app work right. I understand the HP portal issues, so i'm not begrudging you for it. HP needs to get their act together...
    You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. I was just offering a suggestion on how to workaround the issue since I'm not going to make a special release just to fix a minor bug that most people will never notice. If you want to stop using the app because of it, that's up to you. But in my opinion, you'll be missing out on a lot of positives that far outweigh this minor negative.

hape likes this.
    You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. I was just offering a suggestion on how to workaround the issue since I'm not going to make a special release just to fix a minor bug that most people will never notice. If you want to stop using the app because of it, that's up to you. But in my opinion, you'll be missing out on a lot of positives that far outweigh this minor negative.
    I guess i didn't realize it's minor, or that i'm the only one having the issue. I download a fair amount of music from Amazon, and their tracks often have [] due to "[explicit]" in the title. I tend to listen to whole albums, rather than single tracks or shuffled tracks, which is why this is a big issue for me. I do appreciate the suggestion for a workaround.
  9.    #549  
    I guess i didn't realize it's minor, or that i'm the only one having the issue. I download a fair amount of music from Amazon, and their tracks often have [] due to "[explicit]" in the title. I tend to listen to whole albums, rather than single tracks or shuffled tracks, which is why this is a big issue for me. I do appreciate the suggestion for a workaround.
    So far you're the only one who's asked about this bug. "Minor" or "Major" is in the eye of the beholder. But in my eye, it's going to be minor for most people. I consider a bug "major" if it prevents one of the app's core features from functioning.

At this point I don't trust that HP's app portal won't switch my "TouchPad compatible" preference again. It has done it several times in the past and I'm sure it'll do it again if I update. I'd rather have a minor bug that annoys a few people than have the app available to all TouchPad users who will find out there are major issues with it after purchasing it. It's not fair to them to offer it for sale and unfortunately HP's app portal is screwed up.

However that being said, if a major bug is found I'll issue a quick update as I've done in the past.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 07/27/2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Hey Dan, I can't find your app in the catalog for my Touchpad? I've done searches with "music" "music player" "music player (remix)" and nothing comes up for any of those.

Is it not available for the TP yet (running WebOS 3.0.0)?
    Last edited by Achill3s; 07/30/2011 at 02:04 AM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  11.    #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Hey Dan, I can't find your app in the catalog for my Touchpad? I've done searches with "music" "music player" "music player (remix)" and nothing comes up for any of those.

Is it not available for the TP yet (running WebOS 3.0.0)?
    The app is not available because there are several issues with Mojo emulation that causes the app to not function perfectly. It works, but there are some issues. So I'd rather not make it available to TouchPad owners since they won't be getting the optimal experience.

However if you've previously purchased it, you can install it using Impostah (found in Preware).

I downloaded it the other day through Preware...the 1.99 version. Interesting that when I installed it on my TouchPad, it knew what the wallpaper for the app was on my Pre
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  13.    #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I downloaded it the other day through Preware...the 1.99 version. Interesting that when I installed it on my TouchPad, it knew what the wallpaper for the app was on my Pre
    The homebrew version (from Preware) will not work on the TouchPad (or any other webOS 2.x or 3.x device).

Ahh you're right. Sorry to waste your 4K post I dl'd it and started it up and closed it without pursuing it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  15.    #555  
    Wow I didn't even realize I reached 4000 posts!

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Dan - thought you might want to know that Music Player Remix 2 works just fine for me on my TouchPad. 99% of the time I just use shuffle all and the mini-player, don't really use a lot of the advanced features. Looking forward to the time I can purchase the full TouchPad app.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  17.    #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Dan - thought you might want to know that Music Player Remix 2 works just fine for me on my TouchPad. 99% of the time I just use shuffle all and the mini-player, don't really use a lot of the advanced features. Looking forward to the time I can purchase the full TouchPad app.
    Thanks for the update. However there are several issues with it on the TouchPad (at least on the emulator...don't have an actual device to test it on). While they may not bother you, they may bother people buying the app. They include:

1) No way to do universal search within the app since you can't bring up the on-screen keyboard.

2) Just Type not working at all due to some type of bug with synced playlists in the Mojo emulator

3) Synced playlists don't work (as mentioned above)

4) Several display issues due to bugs in the Mojo emulator

5) No way to display the mini-controls within the app since right-swipes in the gesture area register as a "back" command.

18.    #558  
    Version 2.0.22 has been submitted to the catalog and contains 2 bug fixes:

- Bug Fix: If the total number of items in all flylists exceeded 500, flylists could no longer be listed. Universal search would also break. (issue identified by Courtney T. via email)

- Bug Fix: If an audio file had a bracket in its file name/path and it was part of a list that was resumed when the app was loaded (using the “Resume Play” feature), it would appear at the top of the list instead of where it should be in the list. (issue identified by NickVTPre and StuntmanMark on PreCentral).

19.    #559  

- Bug Fix: If the total number of items in all flylists exceeded 500, flylists could no longer be listed. Universal search would also break. (issue identified by Courtney T. via email)

- Bug Fix: If an audio file had a bracket in its file name/path and it was part of a list that was resumed when the app was loaded (using the “Resume Play” feature), it would appear at the top of the list instead of where it should be in the list. (issue identified by NickVTPre and StuntmanMark on PreCentral).
    It's now available in the catalog.

Thanks, Dan.

Just curious, does this mean HP is getting their act together?