Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1107
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #501  
    For any meta-doctor users who haven't been able to see Remix in the catalog, try it now. Someone reported that they were able to see it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  2. #502  
    Sprint Pre 2.1 (re-doctored 06/27/2011 via latest meta-doctor).

    TADA!!! MPR is back!!!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Sprint Pre 2.1 (re-doctored 06/27/2011 via latest meta-doctor).

    TADA!!! MPR is back!!!
    Very good!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. #504  
    Just yesterday realized that Music Player Remix is back in the app catalog for my 2.1.0 PreMinus. Even before reading these postings. Purchased this morning.

    Thank you, DanPLC!
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Just yesterday realized that Music Player Remix is back in the app catalog for my 2.1.0 PreMinus. Even before reading these postings. Purchased this morning.

    Thank you, DanPLC!
    Thanks for the purchase!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  6. #506  
    I have a VZW Pre 2... I can NOT find this in the app catalog. I have typed all the various alternatives I can think of, but still nothing is found. And when I type "Hedami", it brings up the two GeoStrings and Quick Post, but that's all. Can someone please help... what am I doing wrong???
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobeaman View Post
    I have a VZW Pre 2... I can NOT find this in the app catalog. I have typed all the various alternatives I can think of, but still nothing is found. And when I type "Hedami", it brings up the two GeoStrings and Quick Post, but that's all. Can someone please help... what am I doing wrong???
    Check out this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...x-catalog.html
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  8. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #508  
    I really hope you get your developer relations with HP resolved to your satisfaction. I had forgotten how mediocre the webOS default music players are. It is very painful playing music on my TP. I hope there is a Music Player Remix for webOS 3.0 in our future.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  9.    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I really hope you get your developer relations with HP resolved to your satisfaction. I had forgotten how mediocre the webOS default music players are. It is very painful playing music on my TP. I hope there is a Music Player Remix for webOS 3.0 in our future.
    I've been working on some designs...I would want it to be a completely re-designed experience for the tablet form factor. I've even come up with a new name (no it wont have "HD" like every other TouchPad app).

    I've actually been seriously considering starting this project, but it's really hard to justify putting so much time into something when there are major issues looming. Also I'd have to eventually buy a test device which even with a 25% developer discount is expensive. HP has loaner devices available; however I really need my own device if I'm going to support the app in the long-term.

    Here are the 2 major issues that are making me hesitate in starting this project:

    - The download counts/stats for all developers are severely messed up and have been for weeks (or perhaps months). HP first claimed that they were fixed but then a bunch of developers posted their stats and they proved they were still messed up. Then HP backtracked and admitted there was still a problem and they're working on it. I don't have confidence that we're being paid accurately. This is a big problem and should be worrying every single webOS developer.

    As some of you may or may not know, I just released Quick Post on Android. It has a bunch of detailed download and usage stats. The big difference is that each purchase is listed in my Google Checkout account with the person's name. So I have 100% confidence in the download count provided to us. If HP could provide us with a list of all our purchases, I would feel much better about the numbers. It doesn't have to include the person's name...just perhaps their device id, purchase date, and country of origin.

    - The never-ending media permissions bug. Months ago they promised me a reset app they would publish in the catalog. It has already been developed and tested by me, but they just won't take the time to publish it. I realize now that they won't ever do it. Also there's a good chance the bug is still present in webOS 3.0 which means more of a support headache if I release a TouchPad version of Music Player (Remix). And with HP not willing to help support this issue, the support would fall squarely on my shoulders.

    And what about future issues? I've experienced other major issues and they haven't supported any of them. I don't have a lot of confidence in their ability to support major issues when they seem to always be busy trying to catch up. First it was getting the TouchPad out. Now it's trying to get Enyo on phones.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 07/17/2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: More info
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10. #510  
    it is shameful how devs are being treated by your description. Remix was one of the first 4 things I downloaded for my pre+. I cannot remember much of the first 100 things I dowloaded but I use remix every day. I purchased geo strings and use that too. You are a huge asset to us webos fans and users and while I understand why at this time you are not working on this I hope that you change your mind in the future.

    thanks
    Rob
    by the way I suck at typing on the touchpad
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  11. #511  
    Can't say I blame you; I really have seen nothing from either the dev relations side or from the technical side that makes me think that anything has changed from how things were six months ago. There was a period there in June when it felt like things might start to turn, but after the fluffy release, it feels like the air was let out of that.

    My priorities are a bit different than yours, but the thing that gets me more than anything else is that the TouchPad browser still only has an Acid3 test score of 92. For all the talk about write-once/run anywhere, there just seems to be too little focus on making sure all the existing APIs and such are truly standards compliant and bug free. And, unless I missed it, they still don't have that external bug tracking system that we have been promised since at least Feb.

    Having said all that, there is a need for a mainstream music player for the TouchPad. Other than Audiophile, which has always been designed as a niche product, there are no good alternatives to the stock player.

    And sorry for venting on your thread, I just get sick of having to design around WebOS rather than for it.
  12.    #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    it is shameful how devs are being treated by your description. Remix was one of the first 4 things I downloaded for my pre+. I cannot remember much of the first 100 things I dowloaded but I use remix every day. I purchased geo strings and use that too. You are a huge asset to us webos fans and users and while I understand why at this time you are not working on this I hope that you change your mind in the future.

    thanks
    Rob
    by the way I suck at typing on the touchpad
    I've come to the realization that the source of most of their issues is their lackluster and/or severely underpowered engineering team. They are always fighting from behind to catch up and therefore cannot handle issues when they come up.

    It all started with webOS 2.0. They were supposed to release it in the fall of 2010 but it was barely a workable beta by then. The first Pre 2 webOS 2.0 release was still essentially a beta since it had tons of known issues. And even 2.1 has a set of known issues. Then apparently they had issues with getting it delivered OTA to legacy device and they finally gave up on that as we all know.

    So by the time they were done, they had to re-focus on getting Enyo and webOS 3.0 ready for the July release. In January, they released it in an "alpha" state (according to them). So for the past 6 months they've been scrambling to get a production-ready 3.0 release. And considering an OTA update is coming so soon, they obviously released 3.0 before it was fully baked (like 2.0).

    So while they were scrambling to get 3.0 ready, when 2.x issues came up they took a back seat. So when download stats are broken and music apps are broken, they have no time to work on those issues.

    And it's not going to end here. They're still trying to work on the issues in the initial 3.0 release. And then they have to get it working on phones. It's going to be like 2.0 all over again. And honestly I don't have faith that their engineering team will get the job done in a timely fashion, so it's going to be another few months of them not being able to resolve major issues. And I'm going to call it right now...they'll fail to get 3.0 working on the Pre 2 and probably the Veer.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  13.    #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Can't say I blame you; I really have seen nothing from either the dev relations side or from the technical side that makes me think that anything has changed from how things were six months ago. There was a period there in June when it felt like things might start to turn, but after the fluffy release, it feels like the air was let out of that.

    My priorities are a bit different than yours, but the thing that gets me more than anything else is that the TouchPad browser still only has an Acid3 test score of 92. For all the talk about write-once/run anywhere, there just seems to be too little focus on making sure all the existing APIs and such are truly standards compliant and bug free. And, unless I missed it, they still don't have that external bug tracking system that we have been promised since at least Feb.

    Having said all that, there is a need for a mainstream music player for the TouchPad. Other than Audiophile, which has always been designed as a niche product, there are no good alternatives to the stock player.

    And sorry for venting on your thread, I just get sick of having to design around WebOS rather than for it.
    While their framework (Enyo) is still in flux, they'll never have the time to work on updating their web standards or their APIs. And yes Enyo is still in flux considering it still doesn't work on all devices (only the TouchPad).

    If they're going to attract developers, they need to build on their relatively small set of APIs. They also need to fix these nagging issues (like download stats, app portal issues, etc.). But I doubt they'll be able to do this with their current team. HP really needs to bring in a lot of new people who can deliver the goods.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  14. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    There are the 2 major issue never-ending media permissions bug. Months ago they promised me a reset app they would publish in the catalog. It has already been developed and tested by me, but they just won't take the time to publish it. I realize now that they won't ever do it. Also there's a good chance the bug is still present in webOS 3.0 which means more of a support headache if I release a TouchPad version of Music Player (Remix). And with HP not willing to help support this issue, the support would fall squarely on my shoulders.
    I can confirm that the media index bug does still exist in webOS 3.0. After copying media to the Touchpad it does not show in the players. The only thing that seems to work is to unceremoniously pull the usb cable, which seems to force the media indexer to reset. The next time I need to add media I will attempt the hide/reboot un-hide/reboot that has been successful with webOS 2.x.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I can confirm that the media index bug does still exist in webOS 3.0. After copying media to the Touchpad it does not show in the players. The only thing that seems to work is to unceremoniously pull the usb cable, which seems to force the media indexer to reset. The next time I need to add media I will attempt the hide/reboot un-hide/reboot that has been successful with webOS 2.x.
    I'm not referring to that bug. I know that one still exists and that one is bad too.

    The bug I'm referring to is the "media permission" bug where 3rd party music apps can spontaneously lose permission to the media library resulting in the app not being able to access any music.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  16. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm not referring to that bug. I know that one still exists and that one is bad too.

    The bug I'm referring to is the "media permission" bug where 3rd party music apps can spontaneously lose permission to the media library resulting in the app not being able to access any music.
    Cannot say if that bug still exists. The only third party Music Player I have tried on the TP is AudiophileHD (which I have not been able to get past its indexer - I owe the developer some logs).
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  17. #517  
    Dan, just curious, if you had a TouchPad provided for you at no cost, would you proceed with this project? I'm betting that there's plenty of us in this thread that could donate enough small sums to cover or nearly cover your new TouchPad with your discount. I know I'd be willing to make the 1st donation.. You should setup a poll and see how many would be willing to donate to the cause of getting you a TouchPad to make an enyo port of Music Remix.. Betcha it would happen with the quickness.
    Last edited by volcom45; 07/18/2011 at 10:25 AM.
  18. vara411's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I can confirm that the media index bug does still exist in webOS 3.0. After copying media to the Touchpad it does not show in the players. The only thing that seems to work is to unceremoniously pull the usb cable, which seems to force the media indexer to reset. The next time I need to add media I will attempt the hide/reboot un-hide/reboot that has been successful with webOS 2.x.
    I just did a simple drag and drop of all my wife's music from her Mac and though the TouchPad initially said there were no music files, they suddenly populated out of nowhere. Works great. Got MoodAgent working as well. I know the issue Dan's talking about, but I'm not seeing it on the stock player on the TouchPad as you are describing.
    Palm III --> Palm Zire 71 --> Palm Zire 72 --> Palm Treo 650 --> iPhone --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pre 2 --> HP Pre 3
  19. #519  
    The issue Dan is talking has nothing to do with the MediaIndexer not finding files. That is a completely separate problem that is annoying, but not fatal.

    What Dan is talking about, and which I can confirm is still present, is that under certain circumstances, like an OS update, the permissions file that allows Third Party apps to access the MediaIndexer can get corrupted/deleted. As a result, those Third Party apps are unable to use the MediaIndexer at all. While there are ways around that, they leave a lot to be desired (see the problems noseph is having with my app).

    The issue with the MediaIndexer not finding all music is an inconvenience, but it is not fatal. The issue with the MediaIndexer losing permissions is fatal; Dan will get blamed for his app not working, when in fact the problem is WebOS, and there is nothing he can do.

    And I can confirm it is still a problem; I actually thought I would have to doctor my Pad when it corrupted the permissions for Audiophile (which uses a hybrid approach).
  20.    #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Cannot say if that bug still exists. The only third party Music Player I have tried on the TP is AudiophileHD (which I have not been able to get past its indexer - I owe the developer some logs).
    The bug won't affect AudiophileHD since it doesn't use the webOS media indexer. It has its own indexer.

    EDIT: I didn't read nyuepik's comment above before posting. Apparently his app also uses the media indexer sometimes. And apparently he has seen the bug on the TouchPad.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 07/18/2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami

Posting Permissions