Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 1107
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #481  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I tried the moving to a hidden folder and it didnt work, the only music app that sees the songs is audiophile, but that isnt stable enough to use as a full time music app. :/ not too sure what to do now.
    Audiophile would be the only one to see it since it uses its own media indexer. So it's not affected by the webOS media indexer having issues; however it seems to have its own issues. No indexer seems to be perfect.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Ah, nvm its fixed it self guess it needed a reset after doing.

    To clarify what I did was moved the music folder to a hidden folder, then moved back to where it was and reset the phone
    I'm glad you got it working.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #483  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    If you pause the song before closing MPR it will resume at the point you paused the song. I do this all of the time.
    You don't need to pause the song. It saves the position when the app exits regardless of whether the song is paused or playing at the time.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. #484  
    I purchased the app some time ago. I have not used it for a while and now I can't find it on my phone - Verizon Palm Pre2 running 2.0.1. I can't find it anywhere to redownload it.
    Has the app passed by webos version by and no longer available to me? I am using the free version from Preware, but not the same. Playlists, etc. all gone.
  5.    #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    I purchased the app some time ago. I have not used it for a while and now I can't find it on my phone - Verizon Palm Pre2 running 2.0.1. I can't find it anywhere to redownload it.
    Has the app passed by webos version by and no longer available to me? I am using the free version from Preware, but not the same. Playlists, etc. all gone.
    If you're using the homebrew version in Preware, then you're not running webOS 2.0 since the homebrew version doesn't work on webOS 2.0.

    But assuming you're on webOS 2.0 and previously purchased the app, you can re-download it using Impostah (found in Preware). Tap on "App Catalog" in Impostah and enter in "com.hedami.musicplayerremix" if you bought the app catalog version. If you bought the web feed version, enter in "com.hedami.mprweb".
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  6. #486  
    so any idea on a touchpad version? if so will we have to repurchase?

    also are there smart playlists?
  7. #487  
    Ok, thanks. I do have 2.0 and the version on my phone indeed did not work.
    However, neither did installing Impostah and following those steps.

    I guess I'll wait till Verizon rolls out 2.1 to Pre2 phones. I guess that is why apps are so inexpensive - they are short-lived.
  8.    #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Ok, thanks. I do have 2.0 and the version on my phone indeed did not work.
    However, neither did installing Impostah and following those steps.

    I guess I'll wait till Verizon rolls out 2.1 to Pre2 phones. I guess that is why apps are so inexpensive - they are short-lived.
    Then you performed one of the steps wrong. I know several other people with 2.0 who previously purchased the app that were able to re-install it using Impostah.

    I know your "short-lived" comment was probably not directed toward me, but still I want to make it clear that I am not the one abandoning support for the app. HP is.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 07/01/2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  9.    #489  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    so any idea on a touchpad version? if so will we have to repurchase?

    also are there smart playlists?
    I take it you haven't followed me on Twitter. I've discussed on there several times why I'm not currently working on a TouchPad version. I can't dedicate months (and yes it would take months to accomplish what I want to accomplish) when I have no faith that HP will support me. The past few months, HP has provided me, other developers, and users no support on issues with their 2.x platform. I have no reason to believe they will improve on 3.x.

    And today's "developer program" announcement further demonstrates they will not support long-time developers. On the surface, it seems like they're supporting devs with this program, but they're really not. If you read the fine print you'll see that developers can now only get email support if they're a "brown" or "black" belt. To become a brown or black belt, you have to have 5 apps in the catalog. For someone like me that spends months (and even longer) perfecting an app, I only have 3 apps. Those 3 apps happen to be 3 of the top-rated apps in the catalog, but that doesn't count for them.

    Also brown and black belts are required to attend a webOS workshop (or other similar training). Workshops are held in California...I can't just stop everything and go to California on a whim. Plus I don't need a workshop...I'm plenty qualified right now to develop apps.

    So to answer your question, I'm not working on a TouchPad version until I can feel assured HP will support devs. If/when I do work on it, it will have autolists just like the current version does. I'm not sure if it would require a new purchase...most likely yes.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10. #490  
    Got it! Thanks.

    The "short-lived" was definely aimed at HP not you. I have suffered every imaginable issue and bug associated with Pre 2 and webOS 2.0.1. I am going to try the Impostah trick with a few other apps I've either purchased or donated to that are now not operating. My favorite apps and hacks are all broken.

    I don't know how a company releases hardware and a few weeks later fails to upgrade the software that it must have been working on at the time of release. Not years down the line, but days. It is bad enough with HP-Palm. I can imagine the fractionalization that goes on with Android.
  11.    #491  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Got it! Thanks.

    The "short-lived" was definely aimed at HP not you. I have suffered every imaginable issue and bug associated with Pre 2 and webOS 2.0.1. I am going to try the Impostah trick with a few other apps I've either purchased or donated to that are now not operating. My favorite apps and hacks are all broken.

    I don't know how a company releases hardware and a few weeks later fails to upgrade the software that it must have been working on at the time of release. Not years down the line, but days. It is bad enough with HP-Palm. I can imagine the fractionalization that goes on with Android.
    WebOS 2.0.1 is particularly buggy. 2.1 has its issues too, but 2.0.1 was essentially a public beta release.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12. #492  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Ah, nvm its fixed it self guess it needed a reset after doing.

    To clarify what I did was moved the music folder to a hidden folder, then moved back to where it was and reset the phone
    You moved it, moved it back and then reset it? No reset after the first move? I was hoping this would work for me, but no luck. It's a bit odd that an album I put on the phone isn't seen (even with doing the above method), but a single song I put on at the same time is seen.

    I'd say it might be due to the album being in it's own folder, but I have two books on cd in their own folders and they are seen (one does show up as unknown instead of the book title).

    Guess it's back to doing searches for the media indexer every so often to see if a solution's found.

    Thanks for the possible solution, though.
  13. #493  
    Is there a way to save the current playlist as a new flylist or to append to a existing flylist?

    Reinhard
  14.    #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunycle View Post
    Is there a way to save the current playlist as a new flylist or to append to a existing flylist?

    Reinhard
    No not currently.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  15. #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No not currently.
    I use Remix for 2 month and after becoming familiar with the hard UI and the hidden features it'a must have app. It would be nice to have a "Remix Wishlist Thread" to post and discuss feature requests and suggestions.

    I would like a feature to save the current playlist. Another feature already mentioned by kel101 is the ability to delete a song from Music Player (Remix).
  16.    #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunycle View Post
    I use Remix for 2 month and after becoming familiar with the hard UI and the hidden features it'a must have app. It would be nice to have a "Remix Wishlist Thread" to post and discuss feature requests and suggestions.

    I would like a feature to save the current playlist. Another feature already mentioned by kel101 is the ability to delete a song from Music Player (Remix).
    You can use this thread to post feature requests. Both of those features are already on my list.

    A few releases back, I actually implemented the "delete a song" feature; however it introduced some issues because the app still thought the song existed, so I pulled the feature out. But one day I'll tackle it again.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  17. ThePhat1's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #497  
    I've been reading a lot lately about folks having trouble buying Music Player (Remix) on metadoctored devices and as I was setting up my Touchpad this morning I had an idea.

    I just successfully installed it on my Pre- running webOS 2.1 by first installing it on my Touchpad (thereby purchasing the app -- I actually used my promo code from the webOSroundup AppMill) and then using Impostah on my Pre- to install the app.

    Sadly, the media permissions bug notification popped up, but at least I have the Music Player (Remix) on my metadoctored Pre!
  18.    #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhat1 View Post
    I've been reading a lot lately about folks having trouble buying Music Player (Remix) on metadoctored devices and as I was setting up my Touchpad this morning I had an idea.

    I just successfully installed it on my Pre- running webOS 2.1 by first installing it on my Touchpad (thereby purchasing the app -- I actually used my promo code from the webOSroundup AppMill) and then using Impostah on my Pre- to install the app.
    For now, that'll work. Before the TouchPad release, I edited the app to indicate it was not compatible with the TouchPad (due to several Mojo emulator issues). So it should have never been made available to TouchPad users. But due to another HP bug (when will they ever end?), it was published anyway in the TouchPad catalog.

    I've submitted another meta-data update and emailed HP, so hopefully it'll be removed from the TouchPad catalog soon. Unfortunately, this means your workaround will no longer work. But I don't want TouchPad users to buy the app and have it not work as it was intended.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhat1 View Post
    Sadly, the media permissions bug notification popped up, but at least I have the Music Player (Remix) on my metadoctored Pre!
    Did this happen on your Pre- or the TouchPad? I assume the "media permission reset" IPK fixed the issue, correct?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  19. ThePhat1's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've submitted another meta-data update and emailed HP, so hopefully it'll be removed from the TouchPad catalog soon. Unfortunately, this means your workaround will no longer work. But I don't want TouchPad users to buy the app and have it not work as it was intended.
    Totally understood -- I've been reading through the thread and saw that you weren't supporting the Touchpad with the smartphone version and aren't working on a version for the Touchpad at this time. I did see the Touchpad as a supported device in the app catalog, which led me to try the workaround.

    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Did this happen on your Pre- or the TouchPad? I assume the "media permission reset" IPK fixed the issue, correct?
    It happened on my Pre-, I hadn't run the media permission reset IPK yet when I posted, I was more excited about actually getting the app on my phone. I've run it since and everything's good to go on my phone. Thanks for your hard work and being so responsive on the thread.
  20.    #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhat1 View Post
    It happened on my Pre-, I hadn't run the media permission reset IPK yet when I posted, I was more excited about actually getting the app on my phone. I've run it since and everything's good to go on my phone. Thanks for your hard work and being so responsive on the thread.
    Well I'm glad you got it working. That was a good idea.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami

Posting Permissions