Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by copystring View Post
    Hi, I just tried to update the app and it didn't let me. After a short research I noticed it's only available for the Pre2 and Veer now. Is that intentionally?
    I got a Pre- with webos 2.1
    I've been tweeting about this recently. HP has a bug on their app submission site that forces 2.x apps to only list "Veer" and "Pre 2" as compatible devices. I don't know when HP will fix the issue. They told me last week it may be Monday (yesterday), but that obviously didn't happen.

In the meantime, if you can't update in the Software Manager as noseph suggested, you can download an app called Impostah from Preware and update through there.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I guess the thing with Software Manager is you need to wait until it notifies you that there is an update, there does not appear to be a way to force it to check.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  3.    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I guess the thing with Software Manager is you need to wait until it notifies you that there is an update, there does not appear to be a way to force it to check.
    Yeah I can't find a way to do it manually in there. But it should send out a notification when a new update is available. But I'm not sure what happens if you dismiss the notification.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

It's been my experience that it only checks for new updates after a reboot. Don't think it's ever said new updates were available on its own while I was up doing something on the phone. However, many times, I've gone to reboot my phone and shortly after its back up, that notification will popup if there are any..
    Two ways to update through software manager is like stated above, reboot your phone and the notification will pop up.

Or open the software manager app for like 45seconds to 1min(sometimes longer) and you should get a update button to pop up in the bottom right hand corner.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 06/07/2011 at 10:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 2.0.21 is now available in the catalog. It has a great new autolist called "Oldies But Goodies" plus a few bug fixes.

Here's the complete changelog:

- New Feature: New ‘Oldies but Goodies’ autolist: list songs that you previously listened to often.

- Enhancement: Display “Loading” indicator on the autolist popup when selecting an autolist.

- Bug Fix: If you skipped tracks in a synced playlist, it would cycle through all the tracks in an endless loop. (NOTE: This bug was introduced in version 2.0.17). (issue identified by @dvdmon on Twitter).

- Bug Fix: If you had 'auto resume' enabled and the app was updated, it wouldn't auto-resume. Now after the changelog popup has been removed, the last playlist will auto resume. (issue identified by NickVTPre on PreCentral).
    I was able to update to this version. I am running a Sprint PrePlus with 2.1 metadoctor.
  7.    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I was able to update to this version. I am running a Sprint PrePlus with 2.1 metadoctor.
    Yes updating through Software Manager seems to work for most people. However people who have not purchased the app still cannot access it.

Yes updating through Software Manager seems to work for most people. However people who have not purchased the app still cannot access it.
    Would a Sprint metadoctor Pre2 be able to see and purchase the app now?
  9.    #449  
    Probably not.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Probably not.
    Oh no! My trial is about to expire! Must...give...DanPLC...my...money!

edit: Sprint FrankenPre2.
    Last edited by cfbauer; 06/15/2011 at 01:58 AM.
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    Oh no! My trial is about to expire! Must...give...DanPLC...my...money!

edit: Sprint FrankenPre2.
    Keep a look out here and on my Twitter account (@Hedami) for the latest news. Hopefully HP will fix it soon.

I just created a meta-doctored Sprint FrankenPre 2 on webOS 2.1.0. I purchased and had the app installed on my FrankenPre Plus. I did update the app before the bug was known. The app does not show up for me in the app catalog nor did it show up as an installable app while restoring my profile. So I now have a great phone (night and day between the two) without my favorite app.

13.    #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    I just created a meta-doctored Sprint FrankenPre 2 on webOS 2.1.0. I purchased and had the app installed on my FrankenPre Plus. I did update the app before the bug was known. The app does not show up for me in the app catalog nor did it show up as an installable app while restoring my profile. So I now have a great phone (night and day between the two) without my favorite app.
    As I mentioned in the PM, people who purchased the app can still re-download it using Impostah. See my PM for details.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Hey Dan, I'm following you on Twitter, but you sure post a lot.

Any word from Palm about the "not available on this device" error? I've tried Tweeting at them and submitting a bug in the App Catalog, no luck.
  15.    #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    Hey Dan, I'm following you on Twitter, but you sure post a lot.

Any word from Palm about the "not available on this device" error? I've tried Tweeting at them and submitting a bug in the App Catalog, no luck.
    I haven't heard any updates from HP. I'll post it here and on Twitter if I ever hear anything.

Would the 2.1 doctor fix this for (verizon) Sprint FrankenPre 2s?
  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Would the 2.1 doctor fix this for (verizon) Sprint FrankenPre 2s?
    I'm not sure. Sprint FrankenPre2's were already running webOS 2.1, right? But this definitely doesn't help people using meta-doctored Pre- and Pre+ devices.

I'm not sure. Sprint FrankenPre2's were already running webOS 2.1, right? But this definitely doesn't help people using meta-doctored Pre- and Pre+ devices.
    They're already running 2.1, but I wasn't sure if because this isn't doing as much mixing and matching.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    They're already running 2.1, but I wasn't sure if because this isn't doing as much mixing and matching.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Well I guess someone can try it and report back.

For the record, I see it just fine on my Veer, 2.1.2.