Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I doubt it's just a glitch. I think it's an unintended side effect of the change to the app portal. However since there are Pre+'s out there that run official 2.1 builds (O2 Germany), I imagine at the very least they'll change it so Pre+'s can access the 2.x apps.
    And if that change is made, we'll probably be able to build on that to at least allow Impostah to be able to update those apps on meta-doctored and franken devices.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Agreed on speaking out. Can those meta-doctor users resort to using Impostah to upgrade your apps?

-- Rod
    Several people have reported that they were able to update to the latest version using Software Manager (after a few failed attempts). However, that doesn't solve the problem of not being able to re-download the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Several people have reported that they were able to update to the latest version using Software Manager (after a few failed attempts). However, that doesn't solve the problem of not being able to re-download the app.
    They should be able to use Impostah to do that.

And if this situation persists and HP/Palm doesn't fix it, I can probably merge that Impostah functionality into Preware.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    How can we use Impostah to update? I uninstalled the app thinking that would fix issue before I read this thread.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    How can we use Impostah to update? I uninstalled the app thinking that would fix issue before I read this thread.
    Put the appid in the Application Installation section of the App Catalog page of Impostah, hit "Get Application Info", then "Install Application".

You can find the appid in the application details page in Preware.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod! I didn't realize how powerful Impostah was. I was able to reinstall my music remix. Thanks again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Impostah has many tricks.

Note that to use Impostah to install paid apps, you need to have previously purchased the app.

-- Rod
    I have an o2 pre+ on 2.1. It wont update. I used the official english webos doctor, when I upgraded my phone. Its a shame that .17 wont update for this app.
  9.    #409  
    They should be able to use Impostah to do that.

And if this situation persists and HP/Palm doesn't fix it, I can probably merge that Impostah functionality into Preware.

-- Rod
    So with Impostah you can re-download the app even if it's on an unsupported device? How about on an unsupported OS? (again assuming it has already been purchased on that Palm Profile).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

10.    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    I have an o2 pre+ on 2.1. It wont update. I used the official english webos doctor, when I upgraded my phone. Its a shame that .17 wont update for this app.
    Have you tried updating in Software Manager?

So with Impostah you can re-download the app even if it's on an unsupported device? How about on an unsupported OS? (again assuming it has already been purchased on that Palm Profile).
    If the app has been purchased for that palm profile, it should work.

-- Rod
    impostah worked without a glitch. Rod you are amazing!
    Have you tried updating in Software Manager?
    other apps update via it, remix just has an off white background with the spinning logo. It wont even get to the page. Preware give it the unsupported device message when clicking update.(well technically the ap catalog does) but impostah works perfectly.
    other apps update via it, remix just has an off white background with the spinning logo. It wont even get to the page. Preware give it the unsupported device message when clicking update.(well technically the ap catalog does) but impostah works perfectly.
    Impostah uses unicorn magic ...

-- Rod
  15.    #415  
    If the app has been purchased for that palm profile, it should work.

-- Rod
    Well that's really good news!
    yeah. I was about to say that. I lost MPR (web feed) when I had to redoctor and was able to reinstall it using impostah. I also got the 2.0.17 update yesterday. Using an ATT Pre Plus on 2.1.0
  17.    #417  

18.    #418  
    Version 2.0.21 has been submitted to the catalog and contains a new "Oldies But Goodies" autolist. It allows you to play songs you previously listened to often. It also contains a few bug fixes. I'll post the complete changelog once the app is available in the catalog.

dan, anyway we can get a guide to the easter eggs, im stuck lol
  20.    #420  
    dan, anyway we can get a guide to the easter eggs, im stuck lol
    If you want hints or solutions, you can pm me.