Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I updated both mine and my wifes webOS 2.1.0 VZW Pre+ this morning ~ 05:30 EDT to 2.0.17.
    It looks like it's possible to update, but I'm guessing you can't see the app in the catalog, correct?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Another Franken Verizon Sprint Pre2 running 2.1 that can't see your app now. If this is HP trying to block access from Meta devices, they are making a HUGE mistake!
    My guess is the app portal team made these changes without considering the effects on meta-doctored devices. Another guess is they won't fix this issue now that the change has been made. But we'll see if I'm wrong.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It looks like it's possible to update, but I'm guessing you can't see the app in the catalog, correct?
    That is correct.. so whatever you do, don't delete the app planning to reinstall afterwards.. better hold on for dear life to what you've got. :P
    When did you do this? You're the first person running a meta-doctored device who was able to access the app in the catalog. Can you see the app in the catalog when searching for it?
    No, i can't find it in the app catalog. Several other apps i have installed also aren't showing up...

it shows up in Preware though, so perhaps that is a back-door to it? I'm not going to uninstall and test it out though...

Update: no go on the "back door". App Cat says "not available for your device". suck. (i tried with the "web feed" version).
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    No, i can't find it in the app catalog. Several other apps i have installed also aren't showing up...

it shows up in Preware though, so perhaps that is a back-door to it? I'm not going to uninstall and test it out though...

Update: no go on the "back door". App Cat says "not available for your device". suck. (i tried with the "web feed" version).
    Preware will list anything published to the catalog. Apps listed in Preware are just links to the catalog. It's the catalog that performs restrictions based upon device type, OS version, location, carrier, etc.

6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Mine is stuck with a failed update. I can't access the app or pause the download (since it's not happening). All I get when I select MPR from the Software Manager is a gray screen with endlessly spinning circle.
    If somone were to go the route with just replacing carrier tokens, would apps still show for them?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Just checked the catalog and you are correct. I believe the update came thru a Software Manager notification on both phones.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I also got the update fine this morning (Sprint Pre- Meta-doc'd to 2.1) but can no longer see the app in the catalog.

I really hope they fix this (and that it wasn't intentional) because I really like buying apps, but if I can't see 'em I can't buy 'em!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Hmmm ... not sure when it happened, but sometime this afternoon, the 2.0.17 update downloaded without my intervention and installed properly. It all looks fine, although on the first run again, the last playlist was gone. I also checked the App Catalog and Music Player Remix is still not showing up in my search.
  11.    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Hmmm ... not sure when it happened, but sometime this afternoon, the 2.0.17 update downloaded without my intervention and installed properly. It all looks fine, although on the first run again, the last playlist was gone. I also checked the App Catalog and Music Player Remix is still not showing up in my search.
    Yeah I think people can still update in the Software Manager, they just can't see the app in the catalog.

I'm working on the next release and I've already fixed the issue with the auto-bookmark ("resume play") missing after an update.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    this sucks so much..... I hadn't realized this was an issue so I uninstalled the trial version with the intention of buying the full one and now I don't have either one GRRRR! ..... Does anyone know if this is going to be permanent or just a glitch? Btw I have a pre + on verizon with 2.1
    You can still buy the web feed one right? Or do the same changes apply to it?
    My guess is the app portal team made these changes without considering the effects on meta-doctored devices. Another guess is they won't fix this issue now that the change has been made. But we'll see if I'm wrong.
    Focus on the officially supported O2 Pre+ running 2.1.0 - Palm has to support that official configuration.

It's best to get the officially supported configuration fixed first, before muddying the waters with franken and meta-doctored devices.

-- Rod
    If this is HP trying to block access from Meta devices, they are making a HUGE mistake!
    +1

However, this seems to me to be very out of character: I thought Ruby was going to be given a lot of discretion to run things his way and his way was highly supportive of the webOS hacker community (see webos20090606)
    Twitter: dullgeek
    If this is HP trying to block access from Meta devices, they are making a HUGE mistake!
    I think Hanlon's razor applies here.

It's clear this is an unintentional side-effect of a modification to the app catalog, which simply must be reversed by HP/Palm because it affects official O2 Pre+ 2.1.0 devices.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17.    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Focus on the officially supported O2 Pre+ running 2.1.0 - Palm has to support that official configuration.

It's best to get the officially supported configuration fixed first, before muddying the waters with franken and meta-doctored devices.

-- Rod
    I agree. But I also feel obligated to speak out for my users who paid for my app...and most of them affected by this change have meta-doctor devices. But I understand what you're saying...focus on the officially supported device/configuration and hopefully the others will be fixed as a side effect.

18.    #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by tayswg20 View Post
    this sucks so much..... I hadn't realized this was an issue so I uninstalled the trial version with the intention of buying the full one and now I don't have either one GRRRR! ..... Does anyone know if this is going to be permanent or just a glitch? Btw I have a pre + on verizon with 2.1
    I doubt it's just a glitch. I think it's an unintended side effect of the change to the app portal. However since there are Pre+'s out there that run official 2.1 builds (O2 Germany), I imagine at the very least they'll change it so Pre+'s can access the 2.x apps.

19.    #399  
    You can still buy the web feed one right? Or do the same changes apply to it?
    No the web feed one has the same issue. Any app that requires webOS 2.x will have this issue when it's updated.

I agree. But I also feel obligated to speak out for my users who paid for my app...and most of them affected by this change have meta-doctor devices. But I understand what you're saying...focus on the officially supported device/configuration and hopefully the others will be fixed as a side effect.
    Agreed on speaking out. Can those meta-doctor users resort to using Impostah to upgrade your apps?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals