Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Sure. I normally use "shuffle all" and let it play. Close the app, go to work, later come back to the car, start the app, music resumes from where i left off.

After an update though, the player sits at the main screen and does not resume playing tracks.

Is that clearer?
    It's probably because the app displays a changelog after an update. After removing the changelog (by swiping backwards in the gesture area), you can tap the "Resume Play" button at the top of the screen, or swipe left-to-right in the gesture area to resume your last played track.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It's probably because the app displays a changelog after an update. After removing the changelog (by swiping backwards in the gesture area), you can tap the "Resume Play" button at the top of the screen, or swipe left-to-right in the gesture area to resume your last played track.
    I didn't say it, but the "resume play" button doesn't show up.

I can try the left to right swipe next update and see if that works.
  3.    #363  
    I didn't say it, but the "resume play" button doesn't show up.

I can try the left to right swipe next update and see if that works.
    You are seeing the changelog displayed after the update, correct? So are you saying that after swiping back in the gesture area to remove the changelog, the "Resume Play" button doesn't appear at the top of the Home screen?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

4.    #364  
    Version 2.0.17 is now available in the catalog. It has a cool new feature (or rather an extension of a current feature) and an important bug fix.

Here's the changelog:

- New Feature: Add the ability to customize different swipe-up and swipe-down gestures for the left and right sides of the album art on the Now Playing screen. The actions associated with each gesture are customizable on the Preferences screen (under the “Now Playing” tab).

- Bug Fix: If a song’s file name/path had a bracket in it, the app could lock up when playing the song. (issue identified by Johnny H. via email).

You are seeing the changelog displayed after the update, correct? So are you saying that after swiping back in the gesture area to remove the changelog, the "Resume Play" button doesn't appear at the top of the Home screen?
    Correct. Music doesn't automatically resume, and no resume button appears.
    Version 2.0.17 is now available in the catalog. It has a cool new feature (or rather an extension of a current feature) and an important bug fix.

Here's the changelog:

- New Feature: Add the ability to customize different swipe-up and swipe-down gestures for the left and right sides of the album art on the Now Playing screen. The actions associated with each gesture are customizable on the Preferences screen (under the “Now Playing” tab).

- Bug Fix: If a song’s file name/path had a bracket in it, the app could lock up when playing the song. (issue identified by Johnny H. via email).
    Well this sounds good, but I did the update, or rather I tried to do the update this morning and it failed (alongside 2 other updated apps). One of the three I managed to get downloaded, but yours and one other seem to be in limbo right now. I can't actually find either app in the App Catalog via search.

I think I've seen other signs of this with my own apps, where it seems like the information about a new revision is available before the actual software has been put into place on their download servers - like the information about the apps and the apps themselves are in separate locations and not necessarily in perfect sync during updates. I'll try again later, but I did both Luna Restart and Device Restart and at the moment, my search for Hedami only yields GeoStrings/Free and Quick Post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Correct. Music doesn't automatically resume, and no resume button appears.
    After the last couple of updates, my first starts in the new update also haven't automatically restarted (and also have no resume button). It feels like the currently playing playlist is "lost" (although all the other preferences seem intact)? I just random play my entire device though, so it's never been a big deal to me.
  8.    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Well this sounds good, but I did the update, or rather I tried to do the update this morning and it failed (alongside 2 other updated apps). One of the three I managed to get downloaded, but yours and one other seem to be in limbo right now. I can't actually find either app in the App Catalog via search.

I think I've seen other signs of this with my own apps, where it seems like the information about a new revision is available before the actual software has been put into place on their download servers - like the information about the apps and the apps themselves are in separate locations and not necessarily in perfect sync during updates. I'll try again later, but I did both Luna Restart and Device Restart and at the moment, my search for Hedami only yields GeoStrings/Free and Quick Post.
    What type of device do you have? Other people who have meta-doctored to webOS 2.1 are reporting this issue.

9.    #369  
    After the last couple of updates, my first starts in the new update also haven't automatically restarted (and also have no resume button). It feels like the currently playing playlist is "lost" (although all the other preferences seem intact)? I just random play my entire device though, so it's never been a big deal to me.
    I'll look into it.

What type of device do you have? Other people who have meta-doctored to webOS 2.1 are reporting this issue.
    I've been on a Sprint Franken-Pre2 2.1 for a while now (I think since March) and I've had several app updates happen without issue until this one.
  11.    #371  
    I've been on a Sprint Franken-Pre2 2.1 for a while now (I think since March) and I've had several app updates happen without issue until this one.
    This week HP updated their app submission site and changed the way you list compatible devices. You now select screen resolution (320x400, 320x480, 768x1024). I've selected 320x400 and 320x480. Prior to this change, if you went to the app's web link (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...sicplayerremix), it listed the "Palm Pre" and "Palm Pixi" as supported devices. Now after the update, it only lists "HP Veer" and "Pre 2".

Now I realize you have a Pre 2, but it seems that any meta-doctored device (Pre-, Pre+, or Pre 2) is not acknowledged as a compatible device.

This is a huge problem for folks who've meta-doctored because if any 2.x apps are updated by the developer, they'll vanish from the catalog. Meaning they won't be able to receive updates or re-download the app. I've sent messages to HP via email and Twitter and hopefully they'll respond. However I have 2 other open issues (just as important) which have yet to receive any resolution, so I'm not hopeful they will respond to this issue.

If you want to follow the status of this issue, you can follow me on Twitter (@Hedami).

After the latest MPR update i'm still having trouble getting it to launch with Mode Switcher.
    It used to load the app, then hang on the initial screen until i turned the screen on.

With the latest version the app doesn't load at all until i turn the screen on...

I know you tested this by turning off the screen after launching the app. Any chance you can test it with Mode Switcher? I never had this issue with the homebrew pre 2.x version, FWIW.
    DanPLC: One additional comment about this: Koto player seems to launch fine with Mode Switcher and the screen off. Any chance you can learn from that app?
    This week HP updated their app submission site and changed the way you list compatible devices. You now select screen resolution (320x400, 320x480, 768x1024). I've selected 320x400 and 320x480. Prior to this change, if you went to the app's web link (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...sicplayerremix), it listed the "Palm Pre" and "Palm Pixi" as supported devices. Now after the update, it only lists "HP Veer" and "Pre 2".

Now I realize you have a Pre 2, but it seems that any meta-doctored device (Pre-, Pre+, or Pre 2) is not acknowledged as a compatible device.

This is a huge problem for folks who've meta-doctored because if any 2.x apps are updated by the developer, they'll vanish from the catalog. Meaning they won't be able to receive updates or re-download the app. I've sent messages to HP via email and Twitter and hopefully they'll respond. However I have 2 other open issues (just as important) which have yet to receive any resolution, so I'm not hopeful they will respond to this issue.

If you want to follow the status of this issue, you can follow me on Twitter (@Hedami).
    I was able to update fine today, Pre+ with meta-2.1.
  14.    #374  
    DanPLC: One additional comment about this: Koto player seems to launch fine with Mode Switcher and the screen off. Any chance you can learn from that app?
    Apps are going to be designed differently, even if they're both in the same genre. My app performs a certain set up startup operations when the app opens. It's possible that a certain operation results in the issue (where asynchronous operations are not completed with the screen locked/off).

For instance, my app pulls the main menu list item order from an sqlite database. Let's say hypothetically that sqlite database transactions brings on this issue. If another app doesn't perform sqlite database transactions during startup, then they wouldn't have the issue.

So no that wouldn't help because different apps do very different things.

However someone sent me an idea on a possible way to workaround the issue. When I get a chance, I plan on testing it out. So it's still on my list of things to work on. But honestly, I don't consider it a super-high priority issue since it would only affect a small number of users who use Mode Switcher to launch the app and auto-resume. 99+% of users will launch the app with the screen on and would never experience this issue.

15.    #375  
    When did you do this? You're the first person running a meta-doctored device who was able to access the app in the catalog. Can you see the app in the catalog when searching for it?

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I received a notification that there was an update to Music Player (Remix), took me to the software updates and showed 2.0.17, but it never actually installed. I can not update it, review it, or see it in the App Catalog anymore. Verizon Pre2 with Sprint comm board (VZ doctor 2.0.1)

Are you sure it actually installed the update to 2.0.17?
  17.    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    I received a notification that there was an update to Music Player (Remix), took me to the software updates and showed 2.0.17, but it never actually installed. I can not update it, review it, or see it in the App Catalog anymore. Verizon Pre2 with Sprint comm board (VZ doctor 2.0.1)

Are you sure it actually installed the update to 2.0.17?
    Devices running 2.0.1 will not be able to see the app. This is a separate issue that I have logged with HP and is documented here: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...x-catalog.html

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    When did you do this? You're the first person running a meta-doctored device who was able to access the app in the catalog. Can you see the app in the catalog when searching for it?
    I updated both mine and my wifes webOS 2.1.0 VZW Pre+ this morning ~ 05:30 EDT to 2.0.17.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Another Franken Verizon Sprint Pre2 running 2.1 that can't see your app now. If this is HP trying to block access from Meta devices, they are making a HUGE mistake!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Devices running 2.0.1 will not be able to see the app. This is a separate issue that I have logged with HP and is documented here: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...x-catalog.html
    Ah, OK, sorry to confuse things.