Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    EDIT: installed the workaround and so far so good! thanks for your quick help on this.
    Well I'm glad you got it working. When you said you added new songs to your device, I thought only the new files weren't showing up. Yeah if all songs are not showing up, then it's due to the webOS media permission bug.

So after updating to 2.0.15, it displayed the popup with the link to my help site? Very good!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I have noticed a bit of a glitch today. When I use Just Type to launch the app, about half of my songs are doubled up. It shows 2 for some reason.
  3.    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I have noticed a bit of a glitch today. When I use Just Type to launch the app, about half of my songs are doubled up. It shows 2 for some reason.
    You're right it is doing that. It must be the change I made in the last release. I'll get it fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You're right it is doing that. It must be the change I made in the last release. I'll get it fixed.
    Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    I am having a problem with the album art on a few artist one example
    warren g regulate
    I had downloaded album art before upgrading to 2.0.13 (I noticed that it put the art into a new folder called downloads in media/internal).. Now when I try and I have upgraded to 2.0.15 and it still downloads to the same place but the art does not show in the player instead I get and error
    unable to delete previously saved album art -{"ticket":1922,"returnvalue":false,"error code" "requested download record not found"}
    it does that for restore original and when I download new
  6.    #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by fiction1990 View Post
    I am having a problem with the album art on a few artist one example
    warren g regulate
    I had downloaded album art before upgrading to 2.0.13 (I noticed that it put the art into a new folder called downloads in media/internal).. Now when I try and I have upgraded to 2.0.15 and it still downloads to the same place but the art does not show in the player instead I get and error
    unable to delete previously saved album art -{"ticket":1922,"returnvalue":false,"error code" "requested download record not found"}
    it does that for restore original and when I download new
    The app does not download, nor has it ever downloaded, the album art to /media/internal/downloads. It downloads it to /media/internal/.musicplayerremix/albumart/.

Have you recently doctored your phone? Someone else contacted me about this issue who had doctored their phone. When album art is downloaded, the webOS download manager saves a ticket which is stored in the app's database. After doctoring, it appears the webOS download manager loses its download tickets and thus this error is generated when trying to delete the saved album art (i.e. when you try to restore the original album art or download new album art).

I have it on my list to investigate this issue and try to come up with a workaround. Until then, you won't be able to download new album art for these songs, but you should be able to download album art for any songs that you've never downloaded album art for.

EDIT: I thought of a temporary way of fixing the issue. If you rename either the artist or album of the song (even just one character), it should allow you to download new album art (or use the original album art). Try it out and let me know if that works.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 05/27/2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

7.    #347  
    Version 2.0.16 has been submitted to the catalog to fix the "duplicate song in Just Type results" issue that StuntmanMark reported. I'll announce on here and Twitter (@Hedami) when it's available.

I have not recently doctored.. I know it is not supposed to download there but for some reason 4 out of the 491 songs I have did (when I pull up the stock photo viewer there were listed under downloads).. I will try renaming and report back. I know I can rename through internalz, is there any other way besides plugging into the computer?
  9.    #349  
    I have not recently doctored.. I know it is not supposed to download there but for some reason 4 out of the 491 songs I have did (when I pull up the stock photo viewer there were listed under downloads).. I will try renaming and report back. I know I can rename through internalz, is there any other way besides plugging into the computer?
    Perhaps webOS saves temporary downloads in that folder. But I assure you, Music Player (Remix) does not download album art into that folder.

Something must have happened on your device for the webOS download manager to lose its download tickets. Have you done anything to the phone since downloading the album art (patches, kernels, etc.)?

I'm pretty sure renaming the artist or album names on the files will work. So yeah give that a try.

it is entirely possible that I have changed patches etc.. But I was able to download art before those and after that worked like they were supposed to and those were not all in a row or anything like that in fact I don't think they were even done on the same day..I have renamed one to try it but I am still trying to get the indexer to notice the change
    ok renaming allows me to redownload however it still went to downloads ( I have a screenshot but don't know how to upload it on my phones browser.
  12.    #352  
    ok renaming allows me to redownload however it still went to downloads ( I have a screenshot but don't know how to upload it on my phones browser.
    Look in the folder I mentioned and you will find the image there as well. WebOS must be using "Downloads" as a temporary download folder.

you are correct it does show in the album art folder however if I delete it from downloads the player does not show the art and if I try downloading again or restoring original I'm back to the same error.. Is it possible that something in the file itself is causing it to go to downloads? If you would like I can email you the file
    I just deleted the one in album art and redownloaded it went to downloads folder and not back to album art.. It must be something wierd with my phone.
  15.    #355  
    I just deleted the one in album art and redownloaded it went to downloads folder and not back to album art.. It must be something wierd with my phone.
    Yes there must be something going on with your phone (or its configuration) because the files should be downloaded directly to /media/internal/.musicplayerremix/albumart.

16.    #356  
    Version 2.0.16 is now available for download. Here's the changelog:

- Bug Fix: If you initiated a song search via Just Type, duplicate copies of results would be returned. Also if you started a Shuffle All after doing so, duplicate songs would be loaded. (NOTE: This bug was introduced in version 2.0.15). (issue identified by StuntmanMark on PreCentral).

17.    #357  
    A user contacted me yesterday saying his phone was locking up anytime he played a certain song in Remix. He sent me the song and sure enough it locked up the phone. The problem was a bracket in the file name/path of the song. If a file has a bracket in the name/path, it most likely will crash the app (or even the whole device).

I have fixed the issue and will release version 2.0.17 soon. I'm also including a new feature (or rather an extension of an existing feature). I'll announce on here and Twitter (@Hedami) when it's been released.

I've noticed that after upgrading to new versions of MPR it does not continue to play whatever music i had going before the update.
    It would be nice if the music kept playing, as i often use "shuffle all" and don't want to hear the same songs again for a while.
  19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I've noticed that after upgrading to new versions of MPR it does not continue to play whatever music i had going before the update.
    It would be nice if the music kept playing, as i often use "shuffle all" and don't want to hear the same songs again for a while.
    I'm sorry I'm not understanding what you mean by "continue to play whatever music I had going before the update". Can you elaborate on what you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm sorry I'm not understanding what you mean by "continue to play whatever music I had going before the update". Can you elaborate on what you're referring to?
    Sure. I normally use "shuffle all" and let it play. Close the app, go to work, later come back to the car, start the app, music resumes from where i left off.

After an update though, the player sits at the main screen and does not resume playing tracks.

Is that clearer?