Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I am running WebOS 2.1.0 on a VZW Pre+. I do see the screen turn on for approximately 5 seconds but that does not appear to be long enough. One other configuration item that may be significant is my Pre is using corporate email and secure lock is enabled. Once the screen is blanked pressing the power button will only turn on the display for approximately 5 seconds unless you swipe up to unlock.

I will look at Mode Switcher a little more but I do not believe it has the ability to wake up the display.

Thank you for trying, I have been living with this issue since MS 1.x was in beta and have gotten use to unlocking while MPR loads, it would be more convenient not to.
    Yeah it might be because of your locking setting. I did notice that the issue did not happen if the device was plugged in. So I think it may be related to the device locking.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Feature request..not sure how hard or if this could be done, but could an option to "reveal with internalz" be implemented?

ie a song I want to delete, I can do straight from my phone without having to scroll through the music folder
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Feature request..not sure how hard or if this could be done, but could an option to "reveal with internalz" be implemented?

ie a song I want to delete, I can do straight from my phone without having to scroll through the music folder
    I may add an option to delete the file directly from Music Player (Remix). It's something I'm considering.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I may add an option to delete the file directly from Music Player (Remix). It's something I'm considering.
    I'd love this! Swipe to delete with confirmation would be best!
    I observed what i think may be a bug today. I opened a particular artist, then album, and hit the shuffle button.

It played about two songs, then stopped playing. The song it stopped playing on was the last track on the album.

This is a little tough to replicate quickly, so i haven't verified this yet, but did want to report it here. Is this possible, or am i dealing with something else?
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I observed what i think may be a bug today. I opened a particular artist, then album, and hit the shuffle button.

It played about two songs, then stopped playing. The song it stopped playing on was the last track on the album.

This is a little tough to replicate quickly, so i haven't verified this yet, but did want to report it here. Is this possible, or am i dealing with something else?
    What is your repeat option set to? If you're not set to repeat, it would stop on the last track of the playlist.

If it wasn't the last track of the playlist and it stopped, then perhaps it was having a problem with a particular track. If it happens again, make note of which track it was and then try playing that track individually and see if it plays it.

Also if it happens again and you can play that track individually, you can send me the Lumberjack log for that time period and I can see if there's anything out of the ordinary.

What is your repeat option set to? If you're not set to repeat, it would stop on the last track of the playlist.

If it wasn't the last track of the playlist and it stopped, then perhaps it was having a problem with a particular track. If it happens again, make note of which track it was and then try playing that track individually and see if it plays it.

Also if it happens again and you can play that track individually, you can send me the Lumberjack log for that time period and I can see if there's anything out of the ordinary.
    Repeat is off. This seems like a logic problem. I would expect that if i shuffle an album it would play all tracks once. Stopping after playing two songs (because the second song was the last on the album) doesn't make sense to me...
  8.    #328  
    Repeat is off. This seems like a logic problem. I would expect that if i shuffle an album it would play all tracks once. Stopping after playing two songs (because the second song was the last on the album) doesn't make sense to me...
    I agree that's probably not the best outcome. I've never come across it because I leave it in "repeat all". I'll log this is an issue to investigate.

After the latest MPR update i'm still having trouble getting it to launch with Mode Switcher.
    It used to load the app, then hang on the initial screen until i turned the screen on.

With the latest version the app doesn't load at all until i turn the screen on...

I know you tested this by turning off the screen after launching the app. Any chance you can test it with Mode Switcher? I never had this issue with the homebrew pre 2.x version, FWIW.
  10.    #330  
    After the latest MPR update i'm still having trouble getting it to launch with Mode Switcher.
    It used to load the app, then hang on the initial screen until i turned the screen on.

With the latest version the app doesn't load at all until i turn the screen on...

I know you tested this by turning off the screen after launching the app. Any chance you can test it with Mode Switcher? I never had this issue with the homebrew pre 2.x version, FWIW.
    I'm sorry, this is the only solution I can think of to work around this issue. For some reason asynchronous calls are being blocked while the device is locked and/or the display is off. Your only other option is to find a way to turn the screen on using Mode Switcher. I don't know if this is possible or not...you can ask the Mode Switcher dev.

You probably never had this issue with the homebrew version because this asynchronous blocking bug is only in webOS 2.x.

I'm not able to see the new mp3s I've added. I transferred them from my computer via usb on to my Pre+ with v2.1.0 and music player v2.0.13. I rebooted and waited a few minutes as the FAQ suggested, but still nothing.
  12.    #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I'm not able to see the new mp3s I've added. I transferred them from my computer via usb on to my Pre+ with v2.1.0 and music player v2.0.13. I rebooted and waited a few minutes as the FAQ suggested, but still nothing.
    The webOS media indexer (that tells apps which songs are on the device) sometimes doesn't update properly. There are other threads in the forum that discuss this issue and offer suggestions for possible fixes. You can find them by searching the forums for "media indexer". Here's one of the threads: http://forums.precentral.net/general...-updating.html

When I've had that problem, it always seemed that if I plugged the phone in and went into USB mode one more time and then out, then suddenly my new files would start showing up. The reboots never seemed to do anything for me. Try playing around with going in and out of USB mode a couple of times and try back..
    The webOS media indexer (that tells apps which songs are on the device) sometimes doesn't update properly. There are other threads in the forum that discuss this issue and offer suggestions for possible fixes. You can find them by searching the forums for "media indexer". Here's one of the threads: http://forums.precentral.net/general...-updating.html
    I'll see if those suggestions help me out. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    When I've had that problem, it always seemed that if I plugged the phone in and went into USB mode one more time and then out, then suddenly my new files would start showing up. The reboots never seemed to do anything for me. Try playing around with going in and out of USB mode a couple of times and try back..
    I'll put this on my list of fix-attempts and see what happens. Thanks.
    I'll see if those suggestions help me out. Thanks!
    Well, I tried all the suggestions from your link and the one suggested after your reply to no avail. I'm able to see the files with Internalz, even change the name and also to make not seen by WebOS (then changing them back) They show up via USB but not in Music Player.

I've also noted that it offers the option to resume play of an mp3 I've long since deleted.

Is it possible the app is stuck somewhere?

Thanks

EDIT: Amigo and Audiophile are both able to see the files as is the native music player. This makes me wonder more if my Music Player is corrupted somehow. I'll see if a reinstall helps any.
    EDIT: reinstallation didn't help with the problem, even with making the files not viewable then viewable by WebOS in Internalz, but did remove the resume play issue.
    Last edited by toaste; 05/27/2011 at 03:00 AM.
  17.    #337  
    Well, I tried all the suggestions from your link and the one suggested after your reply to no avail. I'm able to see the files with Internalz, even change the name and also to make not seen by WebOS (then changing them back) They show up via USB but not in Music Player.

I've also noted that it offers the option to resume play of an mp3 I've long since deleted.

Is it possible the app is stuck somewhere?

Thanks

EDIT: Amigo and Audiophile are both able to see the files as is the native music player. This makes me wonder more if my Music Player is corrupted somehow. I'll see if a reinstall helps any.
    EDIT: reinstallation didn't help with the problem, even with making the files not viewable then viewable by WebOS in Internalz, but did remove the resume play issue.
    Where in the app are you looking for the songs? Have you tried using universal search (start typing within the app on any screen)? Are you going to the Songs screen and searching there? You can't find it listed?

If the built-in music app shows the song in the Songs list, but not in Remix, then please send me one of the songs so I can try it out on my device. You can email me using the link found on the app's help screen.

18.    #338  
    Version 2.0.15 has been released and contains the following new update:

Critical Update: WebOS 2.x has a bug that causes 3rd party music apps to lose permission to the media library. This results in the app not being able to list or play any songs/albums/artists/etc. HP has provided a workaround that can be installed to reset the media permissions.

When the app detects it has lost permission to the media library, it will display information about the webOS bug and provide a link to instructions on how to obtain the HP workaround and install it.

Where in the app are you looking for the songs? Have you tried using universal search (start typing within the app on any screen)? Are you going to the Songs screen and searching there? You can't find it listed?

If the built-in music app shows the song in the Songs list, but not in Remix, then please send me one of the songs so I can try it out on my device. You can email me using the link found on the app's help screen.
    I was looking for the songs in the album and artist screens, the song screen would not open at all. When I tried the universal search (just now), I got the error message referred to your last post (I'm guessing this is due to having the latest update) about losing media library permission.

I'll go try the fix and see what happens.
    Thanks
    I was looking for the songs in the album and artist screens, the song screen would not open at all. When I tried the universal search (just now), I got the error message referred to your last post (I'm guessing this is due to having the latest update) about losing media library permission.

I'll go try the fix and see what happens.
    Thanks
    EDIT: installed the workaround and so far so good! thanks for your quick help on this.