Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If the screen is off, then how do you know the app hasn't launched?
    I think the app launches, but it doesn't start playing music. I know because music resume is on, so it should launch and start playing. It doesn't do that unless i turn on the screen (i've waited multiple minutes for it to start and it didn't. As soon as i turned the screen on it played tunes within a few seconds).
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I think the app launches, but it doesn't start playing music. I know because music resume is on, so it should launch and start playing. It doesn't do that unless i turn on the screen (i've waited multiple minutes for it to start and it didn't. As soon as i turned the screen on it played tunes within a few seconds).
    Thanks I was able to reproduce the issue by turning the screen off as soon as I load the app (by tapping on its icon). I'll get this fixed.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Thanks I was able to reproduce the issue by turning the screen off as soon as I load the app (by tapping on its icon). I'll get this fixed.
    I have had this exact problem but did not report it, since I thought it was related to my phone being locked. It is also an issue with the Homebrew version.
    Last edited by noseph; 05/06/2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: My 100th post.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Unfortunate about the custom swipe up/down, was starting to wonder why I couldn't find it again. It sure would be nice if that was available in the Homebrew, as now that I've been back in 1.4.5, I doubt I'll re-upgrade. Just far too much lag is the most noticeable thing having only the Pre-.
    In answer to your question about whether I'm using the swipe up/down to tweet, no....I'm not. I do have it down to a science though, 2 taps and I'm done. It's a 186 mile/300km stretch of highway with 5 turns(it's that straight) and it's at night, when traffic's relatively low, so I'm good (not to mention we're the only province left in Canada without a cell phone/distracted driving law implemented, so technically, I'm in the clear.)

Maybe sometime, in the coming months, there will be an upgrade option for me in BellMo webOS land, until then, I'll just stick to the Pre.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I have had this exact problem but did not report it, since I thought it was related to my phone being locked. It is also an issue with the Homebrew version.
    The homebrew version isn't going to be updated. I'll only update the homebrew version is there are whole features that break for some reason, or if there's a major problem.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Unfortunate about the custom swipe up/down, was starting to wonder why I couldn't find it again. It sure would be nice if that was available in the Homebrew, as now that I've been back in 1.4.5, I doubt I'll re-upgrade. Just far too much lag is the most noticeable thing having only the Pre-.
    In answer to your question about whether I'm using the swipe up/down to tweet, no....I'm not. I do have it down to a science though, 2 taps and I'm done. It's a 186 mile/300km stretch of highway with 5 turns(it's that straight) and it's at night, when traffic's relatively low, so I'm good (not to mention we're the only province left in Canada without a cell phone/distracted driving law implemented, so technically, I'm in the clear.)

Maybe sometime, in the coming months, there will be an upgrade option for me in BellMo webOS land, until then, I'll just stick to the Pre.
    I didn't realize you were @RknRollaAyatola on Twitter! So yeah I guess the custom gestures aren't an option for you since you went back to 1.4.5. Unfortunately I don't have the time to support adding new features to the homebrew version.

Personally I mount my phone in the car (it's a dock attached to my air conditioner grill). It makes operating the app very easy.

Not a huge deal, for me. Somebody already stole my name for Twitter, so I had to come up with something else. And it does seriously keep me more awake doing that all night, as opposed to just listening away.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Not a huge deal, for me. Somebody already stole my name for Twitter, so I had to come up with something else. And it does seriously keep me more awake doing that all night, as opposed to just listening away.
    If you still had 2.1, I'd recommend using the Karaoke feature. I've used that on the road to entertain myself.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    The homebrew version isn't going to be updated. I'll only update the homebrew version is there are whole features that break for some reason, or if there's a major problem.
    Did not mean to suggest that you fix the Homebrew version, was only pointing out that it has been this way since Homebrew.

I am very happy with my Pre+ running WebOS 2.1 and will most likely Doctor my wife's Pre+ to 2.1 this weekend.

10.    #310  
    Did not mean to suggest that you fix the Homebrew version, was only pointing out that it has been this way since Homebrew.

I am very happy with my Pre+ running WebOS 2.1 and will most likely Doctor my wife's Pre+ to 2.1 this weekend.
    You are going to tell her before doing it right?

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    She has already asked me to upgrade her phone, she has missed voice dialing very much.

So now that the Universe Web Browser can be set as the default web browser, can your app be set as the default music player?
  13.    #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    So now that the Universe Web Browser can be set as the default web browser, can your app be set as the default music player?
    From what I understand the Universe dev had to remove that feature. I asked HP the same question after finding out that the Universe dev was taking advantage of this undocumented API. HP wrote back saying it was a mistake/bug in their app checking software and the Universe dev would have to remove this feature. I confirmed this with the dev.

So no, unfortunately HP is not allowing apps to take advantage of this yet. Who knows why...

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Any idea when this fix might be available.

15.    #315  
    Any idea when this fix might be available.
    It'll be in the next release. But I'm not going to commit to a date for this release. I just wrapped up a Quick Post release and will most likely work on a Music Player (Remix) release next. However I anticipate taking some time off before working on it. I'm still recovering from a volleyball injury and am taking it easy in my spare time.

But for the latest news on releases, you can keep your eye out on this thread or on Twitter (@Hedami).

16.    #316  
    Version 2.0.13 has been submitted to the catalog and should be available in a few days. It contains several bug fixes as well as an exciting new feature: 2 new autolists!

Here's the complete changelog:

- New Feature: Add two new autolists: “Album Picker” for selecting 6 random albums to choose from. “Artist Picker” for selecting 6 random artists to choose from. (inspired by a suggestion from HaPe on PreCentral)

- New Feature: Add album and song counts under each artist on the Artists screen.

- Enhancement: Change the “safe search” setting to “strict” when searching for album art to reduce the risk of returning objectionable images if the album and song names are somewhat obscure. (issue identified by Darryl G. via email)

- Bug Fix: Sometimes an “Incorrect Signature” error would occur when posting a song to Twitter.

- Bug Fix: Last.FM scrobbling failed when the artist or song name had a “&” (and a few other special characters) in it.

- Bug Fix: Sometimes Twitter song posts would not appear on the Discovery screen.

- Bug Fix: If an album’s artist had a “&” in it and album art was downloaded for the album, the album art would not display correctly on the Now Playing screen. (identified by fiction1990 from PreCentral).

- Bug Fix: If you load the app (with auto-resume preference set on) and you turn the display off immediately, the music will not play until you turn the display back on. Working around this issue by displaying a momentary banner message when auto-resuming. (identified by NickVTPre from PreCentral).

17.    #317  
    Version 2.0.13 is now available in the app catalog (see previous post for the complete changelog). Be sure to play around with the new autolists! You can keep choosing random albums and artists by continually tapping "Album Picker" or "Artist Picker".

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Version 2.0.13 has been submitted to the catalog and should be available in a few days. It contains several bug fixes as well as an exciting new feature: 2 new autolists!

Here's the complete changelog:

- New Feature: Add two new autolists: “Album Picker” for selecting 6 random albums to choose from. “Artist Picker” for selecting 6 random artists to choose from. (inspired by a suggestion from HaPe on PreCentral)

- New Feature: Add album and song counts under each artist on the Artists screen.

- Enhancement: Change the “safe search” setting to “strict” when searching for album art to reduce the risk of returning objectionable images if the album and song names are somewhat obscure. (issue identified by Darryl G. via email)

- Bug Fix: Sometimes an “Incorrect Signature” error would occur when posting a song to Twitter.

- Bug Fix: Last.FM scrobbling failed when the artist or song name had a “&” (and a few other special characters) in it.

- Bug Fix: Sometimes Twitter song posts would not appear on the Discovery screen.

- Bug Fix: If an album’s artist had a “&” in it and album art was downloaded for the album, the album art would not display correctly on the Now Playing screen. (identified by fiction1990 from PreCentral).

- Bug Fix: If you load the app (with auto-resume preference set on) and you turn the display off immediately, the music will not play until you turn the display back on. Working around this issue by displaying a momentary banner message when auto-resuming. (identified by NickVTPre from PreCentral).
    I have updated to 2.0.13 and still have the issue where if my screen is off when I launch MPR with Mode Switcher auto-resume does not play music until I turn the screen on.

19.    #319  
    I have updated to 2.0.13 and still have the issue where if my screen is off when I launch MPR with Mode Switcher auto-resume does not play music until I turn the screen on.
    That's odd because I added a banner to momentarily turn on the display. Are you not seeing this? I tested this extensively and it worked fine. What type of device are you on?

Unfortunately this is the best I'm going to be able to do. For some reason if the display is off during startup, no asynchronous routines get executed (it seems like some type of webOS bug). This results in the song list not being retrieved, and thus the music not starting. As soon as the display turns on, all the asynchronous routines execute.

I don't know if Mode Switcher has this capability, but perhaps you can command it to turn the display on for a short time when starting up Remix. This would solve your problem.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I am running WebOS 2.1.0 on a VZW Pre+. I do see the screen turn on for approximately 5 seconds but that does not appear to be long enough. One other configuration item that may be significant is my Pre is using corporate email and secure lock is enabled. Once the screen is blanked pressing the power button will only turn on the display for approximately 5 seconds unless you swipe up to unlock.

I will look at Mode Switcher a little more but I do not believe it has the ability to wake up the display.

Thank you for trying, I have been living with this issue since MS 1.x was in beta and have gotten use to unlocking while MPR loads, it would be more convenient not to.