Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    I figured as much. What a shame though, it'd lead to some great functionality.
    I'm not sure it would be such a great idea since "swiping rows" (regardless of direction) in webOS equates to "deletion". It would be confusing for different apps to treat it differently.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Thanks for the report. You're correct, it doesn't display it on the Now Playing screen, but is displaying it correctly on the album song list screen. I'll get this fixed in the next release.
    is this what was fixed in the 4/25 update?
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    is this what was fixed in the 4/25 update?
    The last update (2.0.12) was on 4/4. This bug is scheduled for the next release. You can view the current changelog in the first post of this thread and on the app's Help screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

1.99.37 in preware was listed as being updated on 4/25/2011. What was in that update?

The changelog screen for it just shows the string "Version 2.0.0".
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    1.99.37 in preware was listed as being updated on 4/25/2011. What was in that update?

The changelog screen for it just shows the string "Version 2.0.0".
    You're referring to the homebrew version of the app (for webOS 1.4.5 devices) . This thread is dedicated to the discussion of the app catalog version (for webOS 2.x devices).

You can find the changelog for the homebrew version here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...w-edition.html

Happy days are here again Had to go back to 1.4.5, but got me my MPR back, and can see the files again....not sure if 2.1 is worth all that hassle...the last 4 days have been hell
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7.    #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Happy days are here again Had to go back to 1.4.5, but got me my MPR back, and can see the files again....not sure if 2.1 is worth all that hassle...the last 4 days have been hell
    In the other thread you posted in, you never indicated what your exact issue was. Perhaps it could have been fixed. But if you're happy, that's all that matters!

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    In the other thread you posted in, you never indicated what your exact issue was. Perhaps it could have been fixed. But if you're happy, that's all that matters!
    The problem was my music files weren't showing and I tried all (I thought I tried them all) the fixes posted, and none seemed to work. Reverting back to 1.4.5 has fixed that for me, who knows, maybe now that I've gone to 2.1 and back to 1.4.5, I'll get a better feel for which one, performance wise, was better. Got my music back, which obviously was a key issue, and having to drive 8 hours a night, is a lot more important to me, than having stacks and auto-correct
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9.    #289  
    The problem was my music files weren't showing and I tried all (I thought I tried them all) the fixes posted, and none seemed to work. Reverting back to 1.4.5 has fixed that for me, who knows, maybe now that I've gone to 2.1 and back to 1.4.5, I'll get a better feel for which one, performance wise, was better. Got my music back, which obviously was a key issue, and having to drive 8 hours a night, is a lot more important to me, than having stacks and auto-correct
    That's right...you PM'd me about it. Yeah it sounded like a hosed media indexer. I bet re-doctoring would have fixed it, but if you're happy with 1.4.5 that'll work too.

Hi Dan,

Long time user of your app, and just upgraded to 2.1.0 and purchased the paid version. However, when I start some songs, WebAppMgr goes to 98% CPU utilization and the phone becomes very sluggish. Song eventually starts playing after about 30 seconds, and plays without skipping, but utilization stays real high and it's almost impossible to use other apps until I terminate remix.

When I play the same songs in the original Palm app, everything is fine. I had the exact same music library on 1.4.5 with the free version and all the songs played ok.

Running on a Pre2, 2.1.0, standard kernel.

Any ideas?
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    Hi Dan,

Long time user of your app, and just upgraded to 2.1.0 and purchased the paid version. However, when I start some songs, WebAppMgr goes to 98% CPU utilization and the phone becomes very sluggish. Song eventually starts playing after about 30 seconds, and plays without skipping, but utilization stays real high and it's almost impossible to use other apps until I terminate remix.

When I play the same songs in the original Palm app, everything is fine. I had the exact same music library on 1.4.5 with the free version and all the songs played ok.

Running on a Pre2, 2.1.0, standard kernel.

Any ideas?
    Does it do the same thing with the same song every single time? If so, please email me one of the songs so I can try it out.

You mentioned running a "standard kernel". Are you running any type of mods (patches, themes, etc.), or is it completely stock?

You also mentioned that you just upgraded to 2.1. Were you previously running 2.0.1 on your Pre 2?

Really hope a rendition of this app is in the works for the Touchpad..
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Really hope a rendition of this app is in the works for the Touchpad..
    You never know...
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    having to drive 8 hours a night
    Ouch! I hope that's one heck of a paycheck!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Dan,

I like to request a item for the Autolists. On an older mp3 player I had there was an "Album of the day" button.
    The function more was "Pick random Album". I picked up a random album in the database and played the complete Album. You could selected it more then once if you did not liked the selected Album.

I would love it to have that kind of function back if possible.

HaPe
  16.    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi Dan,

I like to request a item for the Autolists. On an older mp3 player I had there was an "Album of the day" button.
    The function more was "Pick random Album". I picked up a random album in the database and played the complete Album. You could selected it more then once if you did not liked the selected Album.

I would love it to have that kind of function back if possible.

HaPe
    That's a good idea...I'll add it to the to-do list.

I sure miss the programmable swipe up/down from the paid version....or I'm missing where it is in the Homebrew version? Only took a week to hit 1000 scrobbles that's a neat little site (that none of my friends have heard of.....until now lol)

So is anything that's posted #NowPlaying on Twitter, is that strictly from Music Player Remix or is that a last.fm thing or just any number of music player apps?
    Last edited by sledge007; 05/05/2011 at 06:21 AM.
  18.    #298  
    I sure miss the programmable swipe up/down from the paid version....or I'm missing where it is in the Homebrew version?
    No it's only available in the app catalog version. The homebrew version is an early beta build of the app and thus doesn't have many of the newer features.

So is anything that's posted #NowPlaying on Twitter, is that strictly from Music Player Remix or is that a last.fm thing or just any number of music player apps?
    The only songs on Twitter that came from Music Player (Remix) would be in the following format:

♫ #NowPlaying 'Song Name' by Artist Name on Music Player (Remix) http://Link_to_songs_video

And incidentally, the Discovery screen in the app only displays songs that were posted to Twitter or Facebook by Music Player (Remix) users.

Dan: i think i've found a bug.

I use Mode Switcher to launch MPR whenever i connect over bluetooth to a particular device. If my screen is off when this happens MPR never launches, until i turn the screen on.

This happened today, and here is are the log messages:
    [2011-05-05 20:55:12] (Music (Remix)) Error: Relaunch failed.
    [2011-05-05 20:55:12] (Music (Remix)) Error: EXCEPTION [Relaunch failed.], (Error): "requireDefined Failed: value was expected to be defined, but wasn't"
    [2011-05-05 20:55:13] (Music (Remix)) Error: Relaunch failed.
    [2011-05-05 20:55:13] (Music (Remix)) Error: EXCEPTION [Relaunch failed.], (Error): "requireDefined Failed: value was expected to be defined, but wasn't"
    [2011-05-05 20:55:46] (Music (Remix)) Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'mainmenu_list' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    [2011-05-05 20:55:46] (Music (Remix)) Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'favesList' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    [2011-05-05 20:55:46] (Music (Remix)) Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'searchResultsList' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    [2011-05-05 20:55:49] (Music (Remix)) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'setDisplayOff' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.hedami.musicplayerremix/app/controllers/mainmenu-assistant.jsjsjs:$4553$
    [2011-05-05 20:55:49] (Music (Remix)) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'setDisplayOff' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.hedami.musicplayerremix/app/controllers/mainmenu-assistant.jsjsjs:$4553$
    [2011-05-05 20:55:50] (Music (Remix)) Error: checkConnectionStatusSuccess - event.isInternetConnectionAvailable = false
    [2011-05-05 20:55:54] (Music (Remix)) Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'searchResultsList' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Dan: i think i've found a bug.

I use Mode Switcher to launch MPR whenever i connect over bluetooth to a particular device. If my screen is off when this happens MPR never launches, until i turn the screen on.

This happened today, and here is are the log messages:
    If the screen is off, then how do you know the app hasn't launched?