Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    You get the idea. lol. Personally, I really like having instant links to the videos, and seeing some I've never seen before. I'm messing around making my own website (pretty new at it) and was wondering, instead of going to Facebook or Twitter ( I have an account there but just not getting into it that much), could I send the info direct to my website?
    I'm not sure how I would support sending song plays to custom websites. So no I don't think that would work.

Would it be possible to have it automatically send the update when each song plays?
    I have it on my list to consider this. But in case you didn't know, you can assign custom actions to the "up" and "down" swipe gestures (on the album art). So if you're going to be posting lots of songs to Facebook, you could assign either the up or down swipe gestures to this action. This makes it easier than tapping the "+" icon, then selecting "Post to Facebook". You can customize the gestures on the Preferences screen.

Would it be possible, if your screen is off, to do an adjustable wake up (no lock screen), say 5 or 10 or 15 seconds, and then go back to off?
    I don't think there's a way for apps to turn the screen back on. But there is a "keep the screen on at all times" option on the app's home screen (icon in the top-left corner that looks like a little Pre).

+1 to Post 241 by the way, lol
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm not sure how I would support sending song plays to custom websites. So no I don't think that would work.
    That wasn't the answer I was looking for (kidding, not really )

I have it on my list to consider this. But in case you didn't know, you can assign custom actions to the "up" and "down" swipe gestures (on the album art). So if you're going to be posting lots of songs to Facebook, you could assign either the up or down swipe gestures to this action. This makes it easier than tapping the "+" icon, then selecting "Post to Facebook". You can customize the gestures on the Preferences screen.
    I found those two actually for the first time today, and am already on top of that, I think that's actually where I found the post to Facebook, I like those programmable swipes.

I don't think there's a way for apps to turn the screen back on. But there is a "keep the screen on at all times" option on the app's home screen (icon in the top-left corner that looks like a little Pre).
    Driving at night, even with the screen set to 0, it's still bright when you're in the middle of nowhere and no city lights around. Doesn't sound like it's doable, I'll figure something out, probably just keep the screen off.

You never mentioned what Hedami meant in your bio there, or I missed it. You say it backwards, I mad eh? (Crazy Canuck?)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I do remember seeing something about LastFM on the player and just checked it out, it appears to be sort of what I was looking for, minus having the Youtube video links, or maybe it does, I haven't signed up for it yet, but am planning on it. Wonder if I could link that to my website?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4.    #264  
    You never mentioned what Hedami meant in your bio there, or I missed it. You say it backwards, I mad eh? (Crazy Canuck?)
    He is the first two letters of my wife's name.
    Da is the first two letters of my name.
    Mi is the first two letters of my daughter's name.

I do remember seeing something about LastFM on the player and just checked it out, it appears to be sort of what I was looking for, minus having the Youtube video links, or maybe it does, I haven't signed up for it yet, but am planning on it. Wonder if I could link that to my website?
    Music Player (Remix) allows you to send all your song plays to Last.FM (called "scrobbling"). I'm sure there probably is some sort of Last.FM widget you could put on your website to display your song plays. So that would work. It looks like this page has some options: Image charts for forums and blogs – Last.fm
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Hi Dan,

Recently I got my Sprint Pre FrankenPre'd and because of that had to repurchase Music Player Remix (since it was previously purchased on my secondary Pre 2 profile). I noticed not too long ago that my phone's screen was not turning off, even though it was set to go off after a minute of non-use. I started playing with settings and tested it out again and it was working, but then realized that when Music Player Remix is on (and maximized), it seems to prevent the screen from turning off. Obviously my phone is in this state much of the time! Now I can avoid it by minimizing, etc., but just was wondering if this is a known issue with some devices? I thought maybe this was functionality that you had built into the app, but if it was, I'm sure you would have added a preference to control it, since you are so good about that sort of thing, but I looked around in the prefs and didn't see anything. Any ideas?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    He is the first two letters of my wife's name.
    Da is the first two letters of my name.
    Mi is the first two letters of my daughter's name.
    Heh, that's a cool way to come up with a name. Somehow Jelezi doesn't have quite the same ring!

7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Heh, that's a cool way to come up with a name. Somehow Jelezi doesn't have quite the same ring!
    Zijele or Jezile is pretty good though.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Zijele or Jezile is pretty good though.
    Hmmm, maybe...

Hi Dan,

Recently I got my Sprint Pre FrankenPre'd and because of that had to repurchase Music Player Remix (since it was previously purchased on my secondary Pre 2 profile). I noticed not too long ago that my phone's screen was not turning off, even though it was set to go off after a minute of non-use. I started playing with settings and tested it out again and it was working, but then realized that when Music Player Remix is on (and maximized), it seems to prevent the screen from turning off. Obviously my phone is in this state much of the time! Now I can avoid it by minimizing, etc., but just was wondering if this is a known issue with some devices? I thought maybe this was functionality that you had built into the app, but if it was, I'm sure you would have added a preference to control it, since you are so good about that sort of thing, but I looked around in the prefs and didn't see anything. Any ideas?
    It is a preference. When you first load the app, look top left, to the left of the lock symbol. There is a mini picture of a Palm Pre phone. If its screen is white, your screen will always stay on in the app. If you tap it, it changes back to a lighter grey, and then the screen will go off like normal. Perhaps you accidentally bumped this on without realizing it? How do you like the Sprint Pre2? I'm about to do the same thing when mine arrives..
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    It is a preference. When you first load the app, look top left, to the left of the lock symbol. There is a mini picture of a Palm Pre phone. If its screen is white, your screen will always stay on in the app. If you tap it, it changes back to a lighter grey, and then the screen will go off like normal. Perhaps you accidentally bumped this on without realizing it? How do you like the Sprint Pre2? I'm about to do the same thing when mine arrives..
    You're correct. But when you first use this toggle, it displays a popup indicating what the toggle does. This is to let people know what the toggle icon does because otherwise they would have no way of knowing.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Bingo! Hah, I'd never seen that before, thanks! Must have turned it on by accident. Arguably it should be something to set in preferences vs. that top bar, since it's not a "function" as much as a "setting" but I suppose that's perfectly debatable. Personally I'm not sure why you would want your screen on all the time, although I'm sure there are uses, such as when you are using your Pre to drive an entertainment system with speakers at a gathering and you want people to be able to come by and see what's playing on it, but again personally, that seems like not something that would be such a regular occasion that you'd need a shortcut to that preference on the home screen... Anyway, thanks for the heads up!

12.    #272  
    Bingo! Hah, I'd never seen that before, thanks! Must have turned it on by accident. Arguably it should be something to set in preferences vs. that top bar, since it's not a "function" as much as a "setting" but I suppose that's perfectly debatable. Personally I'm not sure why you would want your screen on all the time, although I'm sure there are uses, such as when you are using your Pre to drive an entertainment system with speakers at a gathering and you want people to be able to come by and see what's playing on it, but again personally, that seems like not something that would be such a regular occasion that you'd need a shortcut to that preference on the home screen... Anyway, thanks for the heads up!
    I put those icons on the home screen because those are settings that I believed people would be toggling on a more regular basis than other Preference settings.

I usually keep the screen on since I have a touchstone at work. But when I do want to conserve battery, I'll toggle it off.

And as I mentioned in my previous message, I display one-time informational popups when you first use any of those icons (on the home screen). I'm guessing you must have inadvertently dismissed the popup before reading it.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I put those icons on the home screen because those are settings that I believed people would be toggling on a more regular basis than other Preference settings.

I usually keep the screen on since I have a touchstone at work. But when I do want to conserve battery, I'll toggle it off.

And as I mentioned in my previous message, I display one-time informational popups when you first use any of those icons (on the home screen). I'm guessing you must have inadvertently dismissed the popup before reading it.
    Ah, forgot about the Touchstone, that does seem like a more useful thing if you just have your Pre on your desk listening that way. I just haven't used a touchstone since I bought my extended Seidio battery that doesn't come with a TC-compatible back...

As far as the popup, yeah, I don't remember it so either I didn't see it and just pressed on something to dismiss it without even knowing, or I saw it but didn't pay attention to it enough and just hit "ok" or whatever and it went away... Maybe make it harder to dismiss? Not sure how you'd do that though unless you use something like a toggle switch or slider control or something...

14.    #274  
    Ah, forgot about the Touchstone, that does seem like a more useful thing if you just have your Pre on your desk listening that way. I just haven't used a touchstone since I bought my extended Seidio battery that doesn't come with a TC-compatible back...

As far as the popup, yeah, I don't remember it so either I didn't see it and just pressed on something to dismiss it without even knowing, or I saw it but didn't pay attention to it enough and just hit "ok" or whatever and it went away... Maybe make it harder to dismiss? Not sure how you'd do that though unless you use something like a toggle switch or slider control or something...
    I don't want to make the informational popups a nuisance. I have them all over the app when you first use certain functions (ex. Discovery, super-sized album art, sleep timer, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I dunno whats going on, but since yesterday something has been crashing my phone, and I am pretty sure its is music player remix, as its the only app I have running. I can still navigate the phone but cannot open any apps or menus essentially meaning I have to reset the phone, I have not had this issue with the regular music app, the crash seems to happen at random, usually after a few songs have played
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I deleted every song from my phone and re-added everything bar the recent additions and the problem still occurs, I will pm you my log messages when I am home you will probably have a better eye at spotting any problems,

I have the same problem. It occurs with certain mp3's but these play just fine in the stock media player.
  16.    #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcherian View Post
    I have the same problem. It occurs with certain mp3's but these play just fine in the stock media player.
    Can you email me one of the MP3s that causes the issue so I can test it out? Does this happen everytime you run these particular files?

Also what type of device are you running, and what version of webOS are you using? Also are you running any kernels, patches, etc., or is your device running a stock configuration?

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Dan, I had a thought while adding songs to the now playing list yesterday. Is it in any way possible to assign the slide song list element RIGHT gesture (like deleting) to "add to now playing" and leave the slide list element LEFT as delete? I don't know if webOS allows for that level of customization or not, but if it did, that would be a great option to cut down on the number of clicks needed to add songs to a play list.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Jelezi is ... different
    **Save $348 by Switching to Allstate 877-751-1167 You’re in Good Hands®**
  19.    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    Dan, I had a thought while adding songs to the now playing list yesterday. Is it in any way possible to assign the slide song list element RIGHT gesture (like deleting) to "add to now playing" and leave the slide list element LEFT as delete? I don't know if webOS allows for that level of customization or not, but if it did, that would be a great option to cut down on the number of clicks needed to add songs to a play list.
    There's no way to assign different functions to "slide right" and "slide left".

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    There's no way to assign different functions to "slide right" and "slide left".
    I figured as much. What a shame though, it'd lead to some great functionality.