Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Check out the new "Developer Spotlight" on the PreCentral home page. The guy with the sunglasses is me! Developer Spotlight: Dan Perlberger | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Glad to put a face to the name. I always pictured you as an african american rapper (your avatar). lol
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Glad to put a face to the name. I always pictured you as an african american rapper (your avatar). lol
    No, that's DJ Eddie F. from Heavy D. & the Boyz. Actually he's not a rapper. He's a music producer and has had some pretty big hits over the years with his production crew, "The Untouchables".

Me, I'm DJ Dan P. rapper-in-my-dreams extraordinaire...
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Ha! me too. and the avatar was so small, I thought Dan looked like Tupac!
    I dunno whats going on, but since yesterday something has been crashing my phone, and I am pretty sure its is music player remix, as its the only app I have running. I can still navigate the phone but cannot open any apps or menus essentially meaning I have to reset the phone, I have not had this issue with the regular music app, the crash seems to happen at random, usually after a few songs have played
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I dunno whats going on, but since yesterday something has been crashing my phone, and I am pretty sure its is music player remix, as its the only app I have running. I can still navigate the phone but cannot open any apps or menus essentially meaning I have to reset the phone, I have not had this issue with the regular music app, the crash seems to happen at random, usually after a few songs have played
    When you say "I can still navigate the phone", do you mean you can go into Launcher, but tapping icons doesn't do anything?

If Music Player (Remix) hasn't caused your phone to crash/freeze all this time, it wouldn't make sense that it would suddenly be the reason for the lockups. Something else is going on with your phone. Have you changed anything since yesterday (when it first started happening)?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

When you say "I can still navigate the phone", do you mean you can go into Launcher, but tapping icons doesn't do anything?

If Music Player (Remix) hasn't caused your phone to crash/freeze all this time, it wouldn't make sense that it would suddenly be the reason for the lockups. Something else is going on with your phone. Have you changed anything since yesterday (when it first started happening)?
    Yeah I can go into launcher, but tapping icons doesnt do anything.

There were two things I have done, one is I had the weather widget by Garret, so I removed that thinking it was the cause, the only other thing I have done is add some music, about 100 tracks, total now around 900, The only other thing I can think is that something didnt copy properly.

Apart from that I havnt added anything to my phone as far as homebrew stuff.
  7.    #247  
    Yeah I can go into launcher, but tapping icons doesnt do anything.

There were two things I have done, one is I had the weather widget by Garret, so I removed that thinking it was the cause, the only other thing I have done is add some music, about 100 tracks, total now around 900, The only other thing I can think is that something didnt copy properly.

Apart from that I havnt added anything to my phone as far as homebrew stuff.
    Perhaps one (or some) of those files are causing the webOS media indexer (or the audio system) to choke. Can you try deleting those files from your device and see if the problem goes away?

Another thing you can check is your /var/log/messages file at the time of the lockup. See if it has any clue as to what was going on with the system at the time of the lockup.

Something must have changed on your device to make it act this way because an app isn't going to start misbehaving like this out of the blue.

kel101, you might try running the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) out of Preware and reboot.. bet that solves your prob..
    Perhaps one (or some) of those files are causing the webOS media indexer (or the audio system) to choke. Can you try deleting those files from your device and see if the problem goes away?

Another thing you can check is your /var/log/messages file at the time of the lockup. See if it has any clue as to what was going on with the system at the time of the lockup.

Something must have changed on your device to make it act this way because an app isn't going to start misbehaving like this out of the blue.
    I deleted every song from my phone and re-added everything bar the recent additions and the problem still occurs, I will pm you my log messages when I am home you will probably have a better eye at spotting any problems,
  10.    #250  
    I deleted every song from my phone and re-added everything bar the recent additions and the problem still occurs, I will pm you my log messages when I am home you will probably have a better eye at spotting any problems,
    I can try looking at the log. But I know the app couldn't be directly causing the issue. It wouldn't change behavior out of the blue. If you can't figure out what's going on, you may want to consider volcom45's idea or maybe even a doctor.

I searched but didn't see anything about this.. If an album or artist has an & symbol in the name for example brooks & dun you can download album art but the music player v 2.0.12 does not see the art.. I can go to internalz and it is there but the folder looks like this Brooks %26amp%3B Dunn
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by fiction1990 View Post
    I searched but didn't see anything about this.. If an album or artist has an & symbol in the name for example brooks & dun you can download album art but the music player v 2.0.12 does not see the art.. I can go to internalz and it is there but the folder looks like this Brooks %26amp%3B Dunn
    Thanks for the report. You're correct, it doesn't display it on the Now Playing screen, but is displaying it correctly on the album song list screen. I'll get this fixed in the next release.

Dan,
    I experienced a strange issue today with MPR. I use Mode switcher to launch MPR when i connect to a particular BT device. Today that connection started briefly, but then i turned off the ignition to my car. When i came back and started the BT connection again MPR prompted me as if it were the first time i had launched it.

Here is what Lumberjack had to say:
    Code:
    [2011-04-26 14:20:54] (Music (Remix)) Error: Relaunch failed.
    [2011-04-26 14:20:54] (Music (Remix)) Error: EXCEPTION [Relaunch failed.], (Error): "requireDefined Failed: value was expected to be defined, but wasn't"
    [2011-04-26 14:27:54] (Music (Remix)) Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'mainmenu_list' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    [2011-04-26 14:27:54] (Music (Remix)) Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'favesList' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    [2011-04-26 14:27:54] (Music (Remix)) Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'searchResultsList' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    [2011-04-26 14:27:54] (Music (Remix)) Error: checkConnectionStatusSuccess - event.isInternetConnectionAvailable = false
    [2011-04-26 14:28:09] (Music (Remix)) Error: Error: Caught exception in List widget 'searchResultsList' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    [2011-04-26 14:28:23] (Music (Remix)) Error: checkConnectionStatusSuccess - event.isInternetConnectionAvailable = false
    [2011-04-26 14:39:45] (Music (Remix)) Uncaught Error: require Failed: createStageWithCallback: cannot create two stages with the same name. previewmodeDashboard
    [2011-04-26 14:47:59] (Music (Remix)) Uncaught Error: requireString Failed: string was expected, but instead got 'undefined' of type 'undefined'
    [2011-04-26 14:48:19] (Music (Remix)) Using builtin: palmfoundationsVersion1_0, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojoloader.jsjsjs:$231$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$48$:$20$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Error$: $Error$: $Caught$ $exception$ $in$ $List$ $widget$ '$mainmenu_list$' $setup$(): $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $read$ $property$ '$length$' $of$ $undefined$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$48$:$20$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Error$: $Error$: $Caught$ $exception$ $in$ $List$ $widget$ '$favesList$' $setup$(): $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $read$ $property$ '$length$' $of$ $undefined$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$48$:$20$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Error$: $Error$: $Caught$ $exception$ $in$ $List$ $widget$ '$searchResultsList$' $setup$(): $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $read$ $property$ '$length$' $of$ $undefined$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$54$:$39$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4550$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$54$:$39$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4550$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$54$:$40$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4550$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$54$:$40$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4550$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$54$:$40$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Error$: $checkConnectionStatusSuccess$ - $event$.$isInternetConnectionAvailable$ = $false$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$54$:$46$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4550$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$54$:$46$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4550$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$54$:$46$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4553$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$54$:$46$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4553$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$54$:$53$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4550$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$55$:$09$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4550$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$55$:$10$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4553$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$55$:$10$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4553$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$55$:$11$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$setDisplayOff$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$hedami$.$musicplayerremix$/$app$/$controllers$/$mainmenu$-$assistant$.$js$:$4553$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $14$:$56$:$15$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Error$: $Error$: $Caught$ $exception$ $in$ $List$ $widget$ '$searchResultsList$' $setup$(): $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $read$ $property$ '$length$' $of$ $undefined$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $15$:$18$:$35$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Error$: $checkConnectionStatusSuccess$ - $event$.$isInternetConnectionAvailable$ = $false$
    [$2011$-$04$-$26$ $15$:$18$:$38$] ($Music$ ($Remix$)) $Uncaught$ $Error$: $requireString$ $Failed$: $string$ $was$ $expected$, $but$ $instead$ $got$ '$undefined$' $of$ $type$ '$undefined$'
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Dan,
    I experienced a strange issue today with MPR. I use Mode switcher to launch MPR when i connect to a particular BT device. Today that connection started briefly, but then i turned off the ignition to my car. When i came back and started the BT connection again MPR prompted me as if it were the first time i had launched it.
    What do you mean by "prompted me as if it were the first time I had launched it"? Do you mean it asked you to provide permissions to the media library?

What do you mean by "prompted me as if it were the first time I had launched it"? Do you mean it asked you to provide permissions to the media library?
    No, when i launched it it had the popup which said "here are some tips" or whatever that says as if i had just installed it.
    All of my preferences were lost (start music on launch, for example) and (i presume) all my playlists are toast. Tapping the Lock Screen icon launched a popup with the first use tips for that. etc.
  16.    #256  
    No, when i launched it it had the popup which said "here are some tips" or whatever that says as if i had just installed it.
    All of my preferences were lost (start music on launch, for example) and (i presume) all my playlists are toast. Tapping the Lock Screen icon launched a popup with the first use tips for that. etc.
    Your cookies were cleared out. It happens sometimes in webOS. HP is aware of this issue and recommended a workaround which may or may not work. I plan on implementing it in a future release and we'll see if it happens after that.

Your cookies were cleared out. It happens sometimes in webOS. HP is aware of this issue and recommended a workaround which may or may not work. I plan on implementing it in a future release and we'll see if it happens after that.
    It would be nice if MPR supported Save/Restore for playlists/flylists/preferences. Then issues like this wouldn't be an issue.

It appears to support MPR Beta, but not the app cat release...
  18.    #258  
    It would be nice if MPR supported Save/Restore for playlists/flylists/preferences. Then issues like this wouldn't be an issue.

It appears to support MPR Beta, but not the app cat release...
    Flylists and all other data (bookmarks, faves, album art associations, karaoke session info, etc.) is stored in db8 and thus will not be affected by the webOS cookie bug. This data is automatically backed up to your Palm Profile on a daily basis.

The only data stored in cookies are preferences and the flags indicating whether to display the one-time informational popups. If you'd like someone to write a script for Music Player (Remix), you should request it in the Save/Restore thread (in the webOS Internals developer forum). However I'm pretty sure db8 isn't supported in Save/Restore, so the script would only be useful for backing up cookie data as well as the main menu item order (which is stored in an sqlite database).

Flylists and all other data (bookmarks, faves, album art associations, karaoke session info, etc.) is stored in db8 and thus will not be affected by the webOS cookie bug. This data is automatically backed up to your Palm Profile on a daily basis.

The only data stored in cookies are preferences and the flags indicating whether to display the one-time informational popups. If you'd like someone to write a script for Music Player (Remix), you should request it in the Save/Restore thread (in the webOS Internals developer forum). However I'm pretty sure db8 isn't supported in Save/Restore, so the script would only be useful for backing up cookie data as well as the main menu item order (which is stored in an sqlite database).
    Thanks for the explanation, Dan. I will request that in the Save/Restore thread.
    Couple of things I haven't used MPR in awhile as my FM transmitter crapped out, but I have a new one now. I drive back and forth Calgary-Edmonton-Calgary for work, and just found this "Post Now Playing to Facebook" feature. I really like it, some of my friends don't, as on the way back from Ed tonight, I thought I'd update every single song on the way back.

4 hour trip.

40 some songs.

40 some updates.

You get the idea. lol. Personally, I really like having instant links to the videos, and seeing some I've never seen before. I'm messing around making my own website (pretty new at it) and was wondering, instead of going to Facebook or Twitter ( I have an account there but just not getting into it that much), could I send the info direct to my website?

Would it be possible to have it automatically send the update when each song plays?

Would it be possible, if your screen is off, to do an adjustable wake up (no lock screen), say 5 or 10 or 15 seconds, and then go back to off?

+1 to Post 241 by the way, lol
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel