Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #201  
    For those wondering, I'm still not able to submit the new version of the app to Palm. The upload keeps failing. I know of at least one other person who's having the same issue, so hopefully HP fixes it soon.

But in the meantime, I added 2 new bug fixes which both stemmed from the issue that YankBoy reported. As soon as the app submission site works, I'll submit the new version.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Was Adora able to reproduce your issue with the IPK you emailed her? This should be a top priority for them to fix, unacceptable.
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Was Adora able to reproduce your issue with the IPK you emailed her? This should be a top priority for them to fix, unacceptable.
    No she wasn't able to reproduce it. From what I can gather it's only happening to some people.
  4.    #204  
    I was finally able to submit the new version (2.0.12). However I still encountered the same issue as I did before. To circumvent it, I had to re-enter all my data from scratch (not fun).

The only version of the app I couldn't update was the "web feed" version. It's forcing me to select either "2.0" or "2.1" as the min OS version. I want to select "1.4.5" because the purpose of the "web feed" version was to allow frankenpre users to access the app in the catalog (since their devices show up as 1.4.5 to the catalog). I think newer versions of the frankenpre meta-doctor fix this issue, but I'm not sure.

So I emailed Palm again and hopefully they can allow me to set the min OS version to 1.4.5. If not, I'll have to set it to 2.0 to allow existing users to update, but that would prevent other frankenpre users from being able to access the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Cool! Can we get the release notes now?
  6.    #206  
    Cool! Can we get the release notes now?
    Yep...here is the complete changelog for version 2.0.12:

- New Feature: Cache Last.fm scrobbles when there is no internet connection or when the Last.fm server is having issues. When the internet connection is restored, the cachced scrobbles will be sent to Last.FM automatically with the original play timestamps intact.

- New Feature: Add ‘Copy Lyrics to Clipboard’ option to the app menu (on the Lyrics screen). (NOTE: Any paragraph structuring will be lost when copying the lyrics to the clipboard. This is a byproduct of the ‘copy to clipboard’ operation).

- New Feature: Add a hidden way for trial users to email me their user id.

- Enhancement: Slightly decrease the flicking speed necessary to register a swipe gesture on the Now Playing screen. (suggested by volcom45 on PreCentral)

- Enhancement: Modify the ‘Now Playing screen shortcut’ Hidden Feature item on the Help screen to indicate the new way to quickly go back to the Now Playing screen (per the changes in version 2.0.10).

- Enhancement: Add a ‘Resume Play shortcut’ Hidden Feature item on the Help screen.

- Enhancement: Make the ‘upgrade to full version’ code more maintainable (only applicable to the trial version of the app).

- Enhancement: Add references to the Veer (where Pixi is currently referenced).

- Bug Fix: Albums with multple song artists (but the same album artist) would not list all songs. (NOTE: Manual and Auto bookmarks will now also restore the full album; however bookmarks created before this version will not work). (issue identified by Tyron P. via email)

- Bug Fix: Couldn’t type ‘&’ in universal search (issue identified by kel101 from PreCentral).

- Bug Fix: Initiating a search from webOS’s Just Type with certain characters would fail.

- Bug Fix: If you swiped forward in the gesture area to bring up the mini-controls on the albumsongs screen while browsing album art, the display would be garbled. So when browsing album art, displaying the mini-controls will cancel the album art search.

- Bug Fix: If the song and album artists for a particular album differed, an album art search sometimes would fail to produce accurate results (issue identified by YankBoy on PreCentral).

- Bug Fix: If you switched to the Artists, Albums, Genres, or Playlists screens immediately after opening the app, the app would only display 500 songs in the library.

7.    #207  
    Version 2.0.12 is now available in the catalog. So go pick it up!

However..............the web feed edition has not been updated yet due to the issue I previously mentioned. Palm has emailed me saying they're investigating the issue. So hopefully we'll get it updated soon.

Hey Dan, just curious how hard it would be to add a preference you could turn off or on that would make it so when you just type from webos the name of a song and then the app launches and displays the results, that if there is only 1 result, it auto starts playing the song? I'll often find myself wanting to just start playing a given song title out of my 1000+ songs, and its an extra step to have it sitting there still needing to be tapped once the result is displayed.. is that even do-able given the current API's? Thanks for the new version! The swiping does seem better!
  9.    #209  
    Hey Dan, just curious how hard it would be to add a preference you could turn off or on that would make it so when you just type from webos the name of a song and then the app launches and displays the results, that if there is only 1 result, it auto starts playing the song? I'll often find myself wanting to just start playing a given song title out of my 1000+ songs, and its an extra step to have it sitting there still needing to be tapped once the result is displayed.. is that even do-able given the current API's? Thanks for the new version! The swiping does seem better!
    That's not a bad idea, but in all honesty I think it'll be more work for you to launch a song using this new method.

Let's say the song is "Somewhere only we know" by Keane. It would take a total of 7 taps to launch the song using the current method:

s o m e w, tapping "Music Player (Remix)" search option in Just Type, then tapping the song title in the universal search panel.

Your method would take a minimum of 12 taps and possibly more:

s o m e w h e r e o, then tapping "Music Player (Remix)" search option in Just Type,

To be sure you only had 1 result, you'd probably have to type more than those 11 characters. For instance, I have another song called "Somewhere out there" by James Ingram.

Haha, I guess i wasn't considering the keystrokes to be taps, but thats a fair point.
    Two comments on MPR: I keep MPR locked in landscape pretty much always. After upgrading to new versions it displays the changelog which is really difficult to figure out how to get rid of (or maybe i'm just slow). The first time i upgraded i had to close the app and re-launch to get rid of the changelog. This time i figured out that a backswipe will bring me to the player.

Moral of the story is, a "dismiss" button, or something similar would provide some *****-proofing.

Second comment: while locked in landscape access to the app menu means going to the main menu, unlocking orientation, rotating phone, accessing app menu. Adding a "secret" gesture to bring up the app menu could reduce this to: swipe, rotate, access app menu.

Probably being nit-picky, so feel free to not implement these. Just some observations.
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Two comments on MPR: I keep MPR locked in landscape pretty much always. After upgrading to new versions it displays the changelog which is really difficult to figure out how to get rid of (or maybe i'm just slow). The first time i upgraded i had to close the app and re-launch to get rid of the changelog. This time i figured out that a backswipe will bring me to the player.
    Correct...a backswipe will go to the home screen from the changelog screen that is displayed the first time you run the app after an update.

Moral of the story is, a "dismiss" button, or something similar would provide some *****-proofing.
    A "dismiss" button is not the norm in any webOS app. Swiping backwards in the gesture area is the webOS equivalent to the "dismiss" button.

Second comment: while locked in landscape access to the app menu means going to the main menu, unlocking orientation, rotating phone, accessing app menu. Adding a "secret" gesture to bring up the app menu could reduce this to: swipe, rotate, access app menu.

Probably being nit-picky, so feel free to not implement these. Just some observations.
    I'm not aware of a way to programmatically display the app menu. If you can provide me an example of an app that does this, please let me know.

However even if it's possible, I'm not sure what the gesture would be to display the app menu. I can't think of one that would make sense.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 04/07/2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    A "dismiss" button is not the norm in any webOS app. Swiping backwards in the gesture area is the webOS equivalent to the "dismiss" button.
    Yep, this is true. I was having a paradigm brain fart at the time, i guess.
    I have seen other apps with a button that appears after 5-10 seconds that says "Ok, i've read this..." and hitting it moves you to the app.
  14.    #214  
    Yep, this is true. I was having a paradigm brain fart at the time, i guess.
    I have seen other apps with a button that appears after 5-10 seconds that says "Ok, i've read this..." and hitting it moves you to the app.
    Yeah webOS Internals apps (Preware, Save & Restore, etc.) all do that. I think they do this to nudge users into reading the changelog. The problem is that some people are not interested in reading it (either ever or at that particular time). I know sometimes I've found it annoying that I have to wait after updating.

So until HP completely gets rid of gestures (which sadly may be happening based upon the TouchPad), I'm going to stick with the back gesture as the way to remove the changelog.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been asked again (a quick google search did not reveal anything), in a previous post @DanPLC posted that after Remix will never resume a playist in shuffle mode, and the only way to resume in shuffle mode is if "shuffle all" had been selected. Is this still the case for the current version?

I really like the app, but it really bothers me that I can't resume in the same mode as in which I have quit the application. Maybe a preference would be good allowing to select the preferred play mode?
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked again (a quick google search did not reveal anything), in a previous post @DanPLC posted that after Remix will never resume a playist in shuffle mode, and the only way to resume in shuffle mode is if "shuffle all" had been selected. Is this still the case for the current version?

I really like the app, but it really bothers me that I can't resume in the same mode as in which I have quit the application. Maybe a preference would be good allowing to select the preferred play mode?
    I think having this be a preference is a good idea. I've added it to the to-do list.

DanPLC,
    I've purchased this app immediately after your private beta ended and the app appeared in the app store. Since the latest update, it no longer displays my music library. I've tried everything. Please help.
    Thanks,
    Barry

webOS 2.1
    Unlocked NA Palm Pre 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    DanPLC,
    I've purchased this app immediately after your private beta ended and the app appeared in the app store. Since the latest update, it no longer displays my music library. I've tried everything. Please help.
    Thanks,
    Barry

webOS 2.1
    Unlocked NA Palm Pre 2
    You just need to run this IPK..

http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...yer-remix.html
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    DanPLC,
    Thanks,
    Barry

webOS 2.1
    Unlocked NA Palm Pre 2
    Check out the thread volcom45 linked to (in the post above mine). If you have any questions, let me know.

I have ur Player in my Pixi Plus, but when I add files to the flylist and play them it doesn't play them and the time remaining and time played both stays at 0.00. Please help.