Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Today I noticed a bug. When I add a song to one of my flylists, sometimes it puts it in a random spot. This wouldn't really bother me, but the flylists are kinda big (40-70 songs) and it's hard to track 'em down. It also won't let me move them after that. I'm not sure if it's also adding doubles or just showing th info for a different song as well. It seems like the issue that some people were having with faves.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Can you email me your log file that shows the time when you added a flylist and it put it in a random place, or when you tried re-ordering them and it didn't work? You can get your log file by using the Lumberjack app found in Preware.

When you have this issue, load up Lumberjack and view the logs of Music Player (Remix), then tap on the first log event and select "copy from here" and then select the last event and select "copy to here". Then paste the results into an email. A link to my email address can be found on my app's Help screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I'm running Remix (the 14-day trial version) on my Verizon Pre Plus, using WebOS 2.1. Something I've noticed since upgrading to 2.0.10 is that the karaoke feature has stopped working. Before, from the lyrics sheet, I'd hit the karaoke button and the playback would stutter for 1-2 seconds and then continue, and I could record myself in all my tuneless glory.

Now, when I hit the karaoke button, playback stops and never restarts. Once the message "you're now in karaoke mode ... start singing!" or whatever displays, Remix is actually recording me, but there's no musical accompaniment. It's like the worst of both worlds--me singing with no music to keep me in tune or drown me out.

Is this just my device or what?
    I just tried the trial version (2.0.10) on my Pre+ and it worked fine, so I'm pretty sure this feature wasn't broken in 2.0.10.

Has anything changed on your device since it last worked? Patches, kernels, etc.?

Can you try again and if it does it again can you email me your log file from when this happens? See my instructions posted in my previous message to StuntmanMark.

After emailing me the log, try uninstalling the app and re-installing it. Then see if it does the same thing.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 03/24/2011 at 06:12 AM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Karaoke worked today. I did perform a reset in between the other day when it didn't work and today, so that must have done the trick. I can't think of what else I might have been doing that made it not work then. I still get a considerable stutter while Remix is starting up Karaoke mode, but that's not a big deal so long as I hit the button to start it several seconds before the vocals start.

If it happens again, I'll email you the log. Thanks!
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    Karaoke worked today. I did perform a reset in between the other day when it didn't work and today, so that must have done the trick. I can't think of what else I might have been doing that made it not work then. I still get a considerable stutter while Remix is starting up Karaoke mode, but that's not a big deal so long as I hit the button to start it several seconds before the vocals start.

If it happens again, I'll email you the log. Thanks!
    The stutter when starting a new karaoke session is normal and inevitable. It just does that when you try to use the audio recording system simultaneously while playing audio.

But the stutter will not show up in the audio recording. It only stutters while it's preparing the recording. Once the banner indicates "Start Singing" (when the microphone turns red), it's actually recording.

Yeah send me your app log if it happens again.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    First of all - Hi and thanks. I was using this player all the way since 1.4.5. Unfortunately I live in a country out of standard Palm support so almost all apps in catalog won't work for me. I totally relay on apps in preware and the ones I can download as IPK. Back then when there was a version for 1.4.5. and MPR worked just from preware I was ok, but now I'm with 2.1 (thanks webos internals) and found that I'm unable to buy, use, try or even just see MPR. I know that there is nothing I can do, but its so disappointing. I was ready to buy a lot of apps and I just CAN'T. I know its Palm/HP fault, but is there a way to buy/try MPR for 2.1. out of the Catalog?

Thanks.
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by brymcho View Post
    First of all - Hi and thanks. I was using this player all the way since 1.4.5. Unfortunately I live in a country out of standard Palm support so almost all apps in catalog won't work for me. I totally relay on apps in preware and the ones I can download as IPK. Back then when there was a version for 1.4.5. and MPR worked just from preware I was ok, but now I'm with 2.1 (thanks webos internals) and found that I'm unable to buy, use, try or even just see MPR. I know that there is nothing I can do, but its so disappointing. I was ready to buy a lot of apps and I just CAN'T. I know its Palm/HP fault, but is there a way to buy/try MPR for 2.1. out of the Catalog?

Thanks.
    There's a 14-day free trial version, but that'll only work for 14 days. Unfortunately I can only offer the app for sale in the official app catalog.

There's a thread in the Palm Dev forums where this issue is being discussed. Developers have been stressing to HP the importance of expanding app catalog access. I'm hoping HP will finally get in gear and start making a change.

I've been getting messages like yours on a daily basis and I hate that there are people out there who would like to get the app but can't do so.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    There's a 14-day free trial version, but that'll only work for 14 days. Unfortunately I can only offer the app for sale in the official app catalog....
    I know there is a trial, unfortunately the trial is "Not available for your country" in the catalog. I knew there is nothing we can do, so sorry for the mess in this topic. Thanks anyway, the player is great.
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by brymcho View Post
    I know there is a trial, unfortunately the trial is "Not available for your country" in the catalog. I knew there is nothing we can do, so sorry for the mess in this topic. Thanks anyway, the player is great.
    When we submit apps, we can choose from a short list of countries where we'd like the app to be offered. There is also an "Other" checkbox which in theory should offer it to any other country not on the list.

I've chosen all countries and the "other" selection for all of my apps, so apparently "Other" doesn't really offer it to all other countries. Hopefully HP can put some resources into fixing this issue and offer apps to all people regardless of their country, region, or carrier. Also they need to offer more payment options for people who don't have supported credit cards. Again we (developers) have sent this request to HP on multiple occasions.

So, this favorite new feature of yours.. You going to make us wait until it gets approved and be surprised? Or are you spilling some details on the way? How about a clue?
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    So, this favorite new feature of yours.. You going to make us wait until it gets approved and be surprised? Or are you spilling some details on the way? How about a clue?
    I didn't say it was a "favorite" feature...but it has been requested by several people and I've had it on my to-do list since the early beta days. It's Last.FM scrobble caching.

So basically, if your internet is down or the Last.FM site is down, the app will cache all song plays (scrobbles) and as soon as your internet connection is restored, or the next time you load the app, it'll submit all the cached scrobbles with their original play timestamps.

So no matter where you are, all of your plays will get logged on Last.FM.

There are a bunch of other things in this release... I'll post the complete changelog tonight after I submit it to Palm.

How can I make the player switch back to the mode where I can tap to the left or right of the cover art to switch to the next track? Right now the cover takes up all the space on the sides so I have to swipe left or right and then tap the next cover art. Have no idea how it switched.
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    How can I make the player switch back to the mode where I can tap to the left or right of the cover art to switch to the next track? Right now the cover takes up all the space on the sides so I have to swipe left or right and then tap the next cover art. Have no idea how it switched.
    In "super-sized album art" mode, you can still tap on the right and left side of the album art to switch tracks. The only difference is in this mode you're tapping on the album art itself.

To switch back to "normal-sized album art" mode, you can do one of the following:

1) Pinch and zoom the album art on the Now Playing screen to switch between the two display modes.

2) Go to the Preferences screen ("Now Playing" tab) and change the option there.

Incidentally, the first time you load the Now Playing screen in "super-sized album art" mode, I display a one-time popup describing everything I mentioned above. I have a lot of these one-time informational popups all throughout the app when you first use certain features.

For examples of some of these popups, check out the article palmpre-france.com wrote about the app: [Dossier] Les lecteurs musicaux alternatifs sur webOS: Music Player (remix)

In "super-sized album art" mode, you can still tap on the right and left side of the album art to switch tracks. The only difference is in this mode you're tapping on the album art itself.

To switch back to "normal-sized album art" mode, you can do one of the following:

1) Pinch and zoom the album art on the Now Playing screen to switch between the two display modes.

2) Go to the Preferences screen ("Now Playing" tab) and change the option there.

Incidentally, the first time you load the Now Playing screen in "super-sized album art" mode, I display a one-time popup describing everything I mentioned above. I have a lot of these one-time informational popups all throughout the app when you first use certain features.

For examples of some of these popups, check out the article palmpre-france.com wrote about the app: [Dossier] Les lecteurs musicaux alternatifs sur webOS: Music Player (remix)
    Awesome, thanks! I like the super-sized album art, but didn't know I could just tap the left/right still...I was trying to tap in the tiny space b/w the side of the album art and the edge of the screen. I'll keep it this way!
    I'm wondering about the following album art. It doesn't show up when I search on the app, but it's in Google images. When the song is playing, this is what shows underneath the album art: "Walk Like An Egyptian. Bangles, The -Different Light.

The second is: "Chasin' That Neon Rainbow". Jackson, Alan - Here In The Real World

Also, a few songs I transferred came from compilation albums for which album art can't be found or they just transferred as "unknown album". Is there a way to manually make an image the album art?
  15.    #195  
    I'm wondering about the following album art. It doesn't show up when I search on the app, but it's in Google images. When the song is playing, this is what shows underneath the album art: "Walk Like An Egyptian. Bangles, The -Different Light.

The second is: "Chasin' That Neon Rainbow". Jackson, Alan - Here In The Real World

Also, a few songs I transferred came from compilation albums for which album art can't be found or they just transferred as "unknown album". Is there a way to manually make an image the album art?
    I tried setting a song's ID3 tags as follows:

title: Walk Like An Egyptian
    artist: Bangles, The
    album artist: Bangles, The
    album: Different Light

And the app's album art search came up with the correct results.

Can you send me a screenshot of the album song list screen showing the Bangles album with the album art image results? You can take a screenshot by tapping and holding the Orange/Grey, Sym, and P keys simultaneously.

16.    #196  
    I'm not sure if I'll be able to submit the new version (2.0.11) tonight. I've been trying for the last hour and there seems to be an issue with the app submission site. I'm guessing it's related to the newly updated app portal. But hopefully they'll get it sorted out soon and I can get the update submitted.

Hope that new portal fixes alot of the issues dev's have been having submitting updates lately.. sure getting tired of dev's tweeting that their update was submitted and instantly rejected and has to go through some manual process that adds another week.. I asked Adora about it on the Palmcast last night, and she said "security scanner issues, we are keeping an eye on it and overriding." Well, keeping an eye on it is not good enough.. have not been impressed with palm one bit as of lately.. nothing but problems..
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hope that new portal fixes alot of the issues dev's have been having submitting updates lately.. sure getting tired of dev's tweeting that their update was submitted and instantly rejected and has to go through some manual process that adds another week.. I asked Adora about it on the Palmcast last night, and she said "security scanner issues, we are keeping an eye on it and overriding." Well, keeping an eye on it is not good enough.. have not been impressed with palm one bit as of lately.. nothing but problems..
    Yeah hopefully the new portal site is more than just a new outer shell. Hopefully the inner workings are improved as well.

I tweeted @Adora and she said she's looking into the app submission issue.

I tried setting a song's ID3 tags as follows:

title: Walk Like An Egyptian
    artist: Bangles, The
    album artist: Bangles, The
    album: Different Light

And the app's album art search came up with the correct results.

Can you send me a screenshot of the album song list screen showing the Bangles album with the album art image results? You can take a screenshot by tapping and holding the Orange/Grey, Sym, and P keys simultaneously.
    Here are some screenshots. The album name shows up in the album list and when you are playing the song, but on the album song list screen, it says "no album information found". It does the same thing for the "Here in the real world" album by Alan Jackson.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20.    #200  
    Here are some screenshots. The album name shows up in the album list and when you are playing the song, but on the album song list screen, it says "no album information found". It does the same thing for the "Here in the real world" album by Alan Jackson.
    I've been able to recreate the issue on my phone. I'll investigate it tonight and come up with a solution. Thanks for the report.