View Poll Results: How likely are you to purchase the app if you could access it?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would definitely purchase the app for my webOS 2.1 frankenpre if I could.

31 65.96%
  • I may possibly purchase the app for my webOS 2.1 frankenpre if I could.

8 17.02%
  • I would only purchase the app for my webOS 2.1 frankenpre if I could use the trial version.

0 0%
  • I've already purchased the app and left a review in the app catalog.

6 12.77%
  • I've already purchased the app and plan on leaving a review right after voting in this poll!

1 2.13%
  • I've already purchased the app and have no plans on leaving a review.

1 2.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #22  
    I've emailed Palm and they said they're looking into the issue. So we'll see what happens. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out soon.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    This should be part of the os instead. People would love to have it as a standard music player and would be better for webos to showcase, instead of another app. Having as a purchaseable app gives webos the wrong impression that it's not full featured.
    It would also be better for the maker to strike a deal with hp and gain some royalties of some sort. I think that's what hp sould do, give royalties in exchange for APIs and making apps feel a part of the os. This way they would have more control and and make app features such as UX, looks, etc. uniform and constant.
  4.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    This should be part of the os instead. People would love to have it as a standard music player and would be better for webos to showcase, instead of another app. Having as a purchaseable app gives webos the wrong impression that it's not full featured.
    It would also be better for the maker to strike a deal with hp and gain some royalties of some sort. I think that's what hp sould do, give royalties in exchange for APIs and making apps feel a part of the os. This way they would have more control and and make app features such as UX, looks, etc. uniform and constant.
    Thanks for the compliment. It would be incredible to have my app become part of webOS, but it's not something that is likely to happen for two reasons:

1) The app is written in Mojo. All built-in apps for future versions of webOS will be written in Enyo. It's not to say that Music Player (Remix) can't be ported to Enyo, but it's not currently there yet.

2) I don't use a lot of the standard webOS UI elements. So I don't know if the app would fit well (visually) with the rest of the webOS apps. But then again, I think having the same look and feel in every single app is boring. That's why I gave the app a unique feel and created some new UI elements such as the popup coming up from the bottom of the screen, as well as the semi-transparent panels found within the app.

I do agree that the current built-in music app is lacking and is not a good way to show off webOS. If you look at their description of the music app (Palm USA | Palm Pre 2 Phone | Features, Details), you'll see how truly sad it is.

Here it is:
    You can sort music by artist, album, song, or playlist, complete with album artwork. Listen while you’re catching up with email, surfing the web, or hitting the gym. And shuffle songs with just a tap.
    So you can sort music by artist, album, etc. Um, so can every other single MP3 player and app on the planet. And you can shuffle all? Really? That's it? It's embarrassing that these are the most impressive features of this app.

And think about some of the other built-in apps, like Memos. You can type notes. You can make the background different colors. Um, that's about it. Truly sad.

I'm a big fan of Palm, but whoever designed these apps had absolutely no imagination or creativity. The OS itself had a lot of innovation, but the built-in apps had almost none.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Danplc is the 14 day trial not available anymore?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    DanPLC, keep up the good work. Have you been contacted by HP, just wondering how their relationship with developers are? I think the relationship is key to unlocking webos' potential.
  7.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Danplc is the 14 day trial not available anymore?

Why do you say that? Here it is: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

8.    #29  
    DanPLC, keep up the good work. Have you been contacted by HP, just wondering how their relationship with developers are? I think the relationship is key to unlocking webos' potential.
    I'm in contact with them through their official channels (email, forum, twitter, etc.).

However last year they did contact me to set up a conference call because they were getting feedback from developers. So we had a nice long talk and I was able to share a lot of feedback about ways I would improve the app submission process, the app catalog, and other things.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Any news on this? The link is still not working...

10.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    Any news on this? The link is still not working...

No news yet unfortunately. I'm as frustrated as all of you considering other apps have been posted to the web feed since I posted mine and their links are working. Meanwhile I'm on Day 4 waiting for it to update.

The Palm folks said they're looking at the issue. Today I already sent @Adora a message asking for an update. I'm still waiting to hear back.

I'll post on here (and Twitter) as soon as I know anything. Thanks for your patience!

I've been checking the link daily too... now that I have 2.1 and UberKernel, the only thing I'm really missing for a perfect device is Remix! haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  12.    #33  
    A quick update: Lisa (@Adora) rejected my app so that I can try to resubmit it. I'll try to submit it again this evening and hopefully later tonight it'll finally be published <fingers crossed>!

Of course. It makes perfect sense. Reject your app so it can be resubmitted. Now why didn't I think of that.
    Alright, sorry for the sarcasm. Thanks for the update, hopefully it will be up tonight or else I was just thinking of sending you money directly and getting the app from you personally. Do you take Cash on Delivery?
    This stock music app is sooooo slow and the lack of features is horrendous. I am going to be keeping my fingers crossed and I thank you for all your extra time and effort in making this available for us FrankenPre users.
  14.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by maleoutkast View Post
    Of course. It makes perfect sense. Reject your app so it can be resubmitted. Now why didn't I think of that.
    Alright, sorry for the sarcasm. Thanks for the update, hopefully it will be up tonight or else I was just thinking of sending you money directly and getting the app from you personally. Do you take Cash on Delivery?
    This stock music app is sooooo slow and the lack of features is horrendous. I am going to be keeping my fingers crossed and I thank you for all your extra time and effort in making this available for us FrankenPre users.
    I'm only selling the app through the official catalog (and soon through the web feed). But hopefully it won't be that much longer.

Lisa mentioned to me that there's a chance my app will have the same issue when I re-submit it, but she assured me that she'd push it through manually if it gets locked up again. So if it doesn't go live tonight, I'll email her in the morning and I'm sure she'll push it through. She's helped me out several times in the past, so I have no doubt she'll come through again.

It's nice that they have visible members of the Dev-rel team available to not only help you out on stuff like this, but to do it publicly so the rest of us know they are actually helping. haha

Crossing my fingers that I'll see that link go live soon, I have a long drive coming up tomorrow, and I don't want to have to use the stock app!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Would love a quality product like you referenced in your latest Music Player Remix slated for 2.0+ webOS users, but most of us are stuck with 1.4.5 and don't have an option without major work.

I'm sure you already know this, but you asked for our opinion and HP really needs to step up, give significant discounts for older Pre users, or at least make moving to another carrier since Sprint is not stepping up easier. Yeah, I know good luck with that request and HP doesn't have to do anything.

Either way, keep up the great work on Music Player (remix)! Sorli...
  17.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Crossing my fingers that I'll see that link go live soon, I have a long drive coming up tomorrow, and I don't want to have to use the stock app!
    Heaven forbid!
  18.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Would love a quality product like you referenced in your latest Music Player Remix slated for 2.0+ webOS users, but most of us are stuck with 1.4.5 and don't have an option without major work.

I'm sure you already know this, but you asked for our opinion and HP really needs to step up, give significant discounts for older Pre users, or at least make moving to another carrier since Sprint is not stepping up easier. Yeah, I know good luck with that request and HP doesn't have to do anything.

Either way, keep up the great work on Music Player (remix)! Sorli...
    If it was under my control, all 1.4.5 users would have the opportunity to easily upgrade to 2.1. But unfortunately it's not in my hands.
  19.    #40  
    It's finally here!!! The "FrankenPre" edition of Music Player (Remix) has been published to the web feed. So anyone who installed webOS 2.1 on their Pre- or Pre+, you can pick up the app here: Music Player (Remix) web feed edition

If you do purchase it, please take a minute to leave a review!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast