Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I posted the news in the homebrew thread, but I thought I'd create a new thread since this is such big news.

On August 22, 2009, Music Player (Remix) was released to homebrew. Today exactly 1 yrs later it has hit the Palm app catalog: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...sicplayerremix

And in other good news, devs can now specify 2.0 as the min OS version when submitting apps. So I've already submitted an app update. So the app will soon disappear from the 1.4.x catalog. So if you're running 1.4.x, go check it out before it disappears!
    Last edited by DanPLC; 02/22/2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added proper link to app catalog page
    Congrats!
    def thats whats up, and we appreciate all you hard work on bringing a real fully interfaced music application to webos. I myself use this application more then any other application on my phone kudos. Honestly HP should consider purchasing this application from you, and making it the main music application going forward for Webos devices.
    Good luck man.

If and when I can finally get a 100% functional (I'll settle for 99.8% ) 2.1 on my Sprint Pre- I will get this in a blink!
    Congrats Dan!

Your work on this app is one of the main reasons that I always look to webOS as the gold standard of user ease and utility. I have been using Remix since it just provided additional functionality to the regular music player.

To see what it has become is heartwarming and really rather impressive.

I look forward to being able to purchase it whenever I can get webOS 2.0 on any device I own.
    Congrats!
    well done, thanks for the hard work and happy anniversary.
    Congratulations! I've been using this app for about half a year now, and it has certainly made my .mp3 listening experience truly awesome. So much thought put into this app...hat's off to you.

I think the price is fair and once they sort out this whole 2.x update situation, I would hope that everyone who's been using it for free for the last year and a bit, buys your app and makes you a ton of money. You deserve it!

I'm glad I'm out and about today. It appears that webOS users world-wide aren't having the most productive day today (not necessarily a bad thing )... Hopefully more ground is gained over today
    Nice! That's great news Dan.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10.    #10  
    Thanks everyone for supporting the app this past year and a half. It's been quite the ride. The app wouldn't be where it is today without the feedback I received from the community.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Hey Dan, I'd really really love to have it on my developer Pre2 (that I use as a music player in the office), but I don't have app catalog access since the phone is not activated. Do you accept PayPal or some other form of payments?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Hey Dan, I'd really really love to have it on my developer Pre2 (that I use as a music player in the office), but I don't have app catalog access since the phone is not activated. Do you accept PayPal or some other form of payments?
    No sorry, I can only sell it in the official app catalog. There are 2 reasons for this:

1) I would be violating the developer agreement I signed with Palm if I sold it outside of the catalog.

2) Several other people have asked me the same thing. So if I sell it to one, I have to sell it to others. Now when I update the app, not only do I have to upload it to the app catalog, I have to send the update to every single person I sold it to outside of the catalog.

So even if reason #1 wasn't an issue, I still wouldn't want to do this.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    And in other good news, devs can now specify 2.0 as the min OS version when submitting apps. So I've already submitted an app update. So the app will soon disappear from the 1.4.x catalog. So if you're running 1.4.x, go check it out before it disappears!
    As a dev, this is definitely good news, but it begs a question - with the new Sprint Pre 2 method requiring making the device look like a 1.4.5 device, it will be difficult at best getting Music Player Remix on a Franken-Pre 2. Any chance you can put a 1.4.5-marked version up via the Web feed or some other method?
    Congratulations Dan! It was 18 months ago that you released your first version. Wow!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Congratulations Dan! It was 18 months ago that you released your first version. Wow!
    Yeah it's amazing how time flies.

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    As a dev, this is definitely good news, but it begs a question - with the new Sprint Pre 2 method requiring making the device look like a 1.4.5 device, it will be difficult at best getting Music Player Remix on a Franken-Pre 2. Any chance you can put a 1.4.5-marked version up via the Web feed or some other method?
    I know in the beta feed you can specify whether the app is published to the public feeds. If you can do the same in the web feed, then I guess I could do that. I'll wait to see if other people ask me about this. If there's enough demand, I'll do it.

I'm in the same boat as people who've Pre 2's but without access to the for-pay App Catalog. I can only access free apps. It might not be in your (the developer's) best interest to sell it on the side, but it would be in your best interest to get HP to look at opening up the App Catalog to every valid customer. In my case, I'm using my Pre 2 with Bell in Canada. Perhaps adding your email to HP to get Bell to open up the catalog along with the rest who've already done so might help.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    I'm in the same boat as people who've Pre 2's but without access to the for-pay App Catalog. I can only access free apps. It might not be in your (the developer's) best interest to sell it on the side, but it would be in your best interest to get HP to look at opening up the App Catalog to every valid customer. In my case, I'm using my Pre 2 with Bell in Canada. Perhaps adding your email to HP to get Bell to open up the catalog along with the rest who've already done so might help.
    You're right it is in my best interest as a developer, but it's not something I can control. My only conduit to HP is the Palm Dev Relations team and this has been brought up to them before. They're fully aware of this deficiency and I'm sure they've passed on this feedback. Now that Palm is owned by HP I suspect we'll start seeing some action in this department this year.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I decided to give Remix another look - and I gotta say, I'm very impressed. And I'm pleased to say, I have a new music player! Well done and thank you - worth every penny.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdmc View Post
    I decided to give Remix another look - and I gotta say, I'm very impressed. And I'm pleased to say, I have a new music player! Well done and thank you - worth every penny.
    I'm glad you're liking it. Be sure to post a review in the app catalog!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast