1.    #1  
    I posted this in the Music Player (Remix) homebrew thread, but I thought I'd post it here as well.

For those of you who have been following the homebrew thread or my Twitter account (@Hedami), you know that I've been trying to get the app into the catalog for almost 2 weeks now. To submit webOS 2.0 apps, you need to get whitelisted since it uses APIs that are not currently permissible. I finally got whitelisted earlier this week; however after submitting my app it was auto-rejected by the system for using webOS 2.0 APIs, so there is still some type of issue with getting my app whitelisted.

I've emailed Palm and they've said they're looking into it, but time keeps flying by and I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I'm missing out on the Verizon Pre 2 launch (new customers downloading apps).

So what can you do? I've sent a tweet to Chuq (@webosdev) and Lisa (@adora) from the Palm Dev Relations team. If you're on Twitter and you'd like to see Music Player (Remix) in the catalog, please retweet my message to them so they can see how many people are looking for the app or alternately just post a tweet to them in your own words.

Here's the link to the tweet: Twitter

P.S. It's my wedding anniversary today so it would be awesome to get the app in the catalog today!
    Last edited by DanPLC; 02/18/2011 at 09:11 AM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Retweeted gladly. Good luck and happy anniv.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by yitz0550 View Post
    Retweeted gladly. Good luck and happy anniv.
    Thanks! It will be a good one. The weather outside is beautiful...can't wait to go to the park. Then it'll be off to the fondue place for dinner. Can't wait!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

I don't use twitter. Is there an email link for the Palm Relations team? Btw, happy anniversary!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    just reached out to someone senior...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    just reached out to someone senior...
    Senior as in "high up in the company", or senior as in "geriatric"? Or both?

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I don't use twitter. Is there an email link for the Palm Relations team? Btw, happy anniversary!
    There is but I'll hold off on asking people to email them. Chuq responded via Twitter that Engineering is looking into the issue. If they don't have it fixed by early next week, then I may ask people to start emailing them. If they've been able to get other 2.0 apps in the catalog, then they should be able to get mine in as well.

And considering they just launched the Pre 2 in the U.S. (on Verizon), I would think getting as many quality 2.0 apps in the catalog as possible would be a very high priority for them.