View Poll Results: What do you think is a fair price for Music Player (Remix)?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Free

    4 3.01%
  • $0.99

    8 6.02%
  • $1.99

    26 19.55%
  • $2.99

    31 23.31%
  • $3.99

    20 15.04%
  • $4.99

    35 26.32%
  • $5.99

    4 3.01%
  • $6.99

    3 2.26%
  • $9.99

    1 0.75%
  • More than $10 (if you vote for this, please specify the amount in the comment section below)

    1 0.75%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 74 of 74
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I was thinking instead of a trial version, why not offer a Light version that always remains free with very limited features, and then the Pro offering for those of us who are willing to pay for the full featured version you've worked so long and hard to create. This way everyone will still be using your app.
    I don't want to offer lite versions of my apps. I want people to get the full experience of the app. Presenting a watered-down version of the app doesn't feel right to me.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I don't want to offer lite versions of my apps. I want people to get the full experience of the app. Presenting a watered-down version of the app doesn't feel right to me.
    I hear ya! Just an idea.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I hear ya! Just an idea.
    It's probably a good idea, and I know it's worked for other developers, but for some reason I'd prefer everyone downloading the app to experience all of the features. I've worked too hard on features like autolists, universal search, and bookmarking to exclude some of them from the app.

    Also all of these features combined with each other really create the Music Player (Remix) experience. The main focus of the app has been to improve the way people listen to and manage their music. By removing some of these features, you lose a lot of the experience.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. #64  
    I voted $2.99.

    But what I would do is offer the app for a limited time at 2.99, and notify people that at the end of the time, the price will go up to $4.99 - 5.99.

    - Your most loyal users will get a discount for supporting the app until now.
    - These users will build up a 5-star review listing very quickly.
    - A bunch of people who may not have tried the app will do so because of the limited offer.
    - Eventually the app will cost what it is worth (imo $4-6), but you will still have the option to drop the price for 'sales' etc.


    Question: will the app catalog version at least run on 1.4.5?
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I voted $2.99.

    But what I would do is offer the app for a limited time at 2.99, and notify people that at the end of the time, the price will go up to $4.99 - 5.99.

    - Your most loyal users will get a discount for supporting the app until now.
    - These users will build up a 5-star review listing very quickly.
    - A bunch of people who may not have tried the app will do so because of the limited offer.
    - Eventually the app will cost what it is worth (imo $4-6), but you will still have the option to drop the price for 'sales' etc.
    This is still something I'm seriously considering.

    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Question: will the app catalog version at least run on 1.4.5?
    If it did, I would have released it by now. The reason no music apps can be found in the catalog is because the media indexing API is private in webOS 1.x. In webOS 2.x, apps can access the device's media (including music). So the app will only be compatible with webOS 2.x (and above).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  6. #66  
    I'd definitely consider and ad based version, look up Aaron La and Advanced Task Managers story for android. He made way more money off the free ad supported version than he did the paid. Granted thats a very rare instance Im sure, but with an app as great as this, its definitely not out of the question. I would however pay for an ad free version. Since using this, I cant go back to the stock music app anymore, you really do have a winner here either way.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989 View Post
    I'd definitely consider and ad based version, look up Aaron La and Advanced Task Managers story for android. He made way more money off the free ad supported version than he did the paid. Granted thats a very rare instance Im sure, but with an app as great as this, its definitely not out of the question. I would however pay for an ad free version. Since using this, I cant go back to the stock music app anymore, you really do have a winner here either way.
    I really don't want to put ads in my apps. I just don't like the way they look, especially when potentially offensive ads appear. But that aside, from what I've heard, in most cases ads don't seem to generate much revenue.

    But there will be a free trial version so people can try out the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  8. #68  
    I voted for 2.99 but am willing to pay even if you price it at 4.99. The only gripe is that I'm in unsupported country with no payment option. I just wish that there's a way i can pay you when the app do come up on the app catalog.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandaq View Post
    I voted for 2.99 but am willing to pay even if you price it at 4.99. The only gripe is that I'm in unsupported country with no payment option. I just wish that there's a way i can pay you when the app do come up on the app catalog.
    Hopefully one of the things HP announces today is expanding the app catalog to other countries <fingers crossed>.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10. #70  
    Just a thought about time based trials.

    The scheme of x days as a limitation has to often failed me as I often start an application after installing it, having a brief look around and testing it.

    To often (many!) days go by before I can/remember to revisit the application, seriously limiting how well I get to know it.

    If possible, rather use a time limiter based on hours/time of actual usage, not only how long it's been sitting around.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    Just a thought about time based trials.

    The scheme of x days as a limitation has to often failed me as I often start an application after installing it, having a brief look around and testing it.

    To often (many!) days go by before I can/remember to revisit the application, seriously limiting how well I get to know it.

    If possible, rather use a time limiter based on hours/time of actual usage, not only how long it's been sitting around.
    That's a good idea, but too late unfortunately. I've already created the trial version of the app which will be a fully-functional 14-day trial. If someone isn't excited enough to even try the app within 14 days, they probably would have never wanted to buy the app.

    Speaking of price, for those who haven't seen the main Music Player (Remix) homebrew thread, I've submitted the app to the catalog with a price of $3.99. The trial version has also been submitted. The price I came up with was directly determined by the feedback in this thread, so thank you everyone who voted and left feedback!

    Although technically $4.99 had the most votes, if you average all the votes, it comes out pretty close to $4. Also the two prices with the highest votes were $2.99 and $4.99, so $3.99 seems like a happy medium. Depending upon how the app does, I may bump the price up to $4.99 in the future, but for now it's $3.99.

    Hopefully the app will appear in the catalog early next week. And remember, it will only work on webOS 2.0 devices which is currently only Pre 2's. It will also work on the upcoming Veer and Pre 3 devices. And according to HP, Mojo apps (like Remix) should work on the TouchPad in some type of emulation window.

    I haven't decided whether I'll be jumping to Enyo development (which allows for apps to take advantage of the TouchPad's screen real estate). We really haven't received any details from Palm on how the transition of Mojo apps to Enyo will work. Before I get too much involved in a completely new development platform, I need to know some of those details.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 02/20/2011 at 07:36 AM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12. #72  
    If someone isn't excited enough to even try the app within 14 days, they probably would have never wanted to buy the app.
    It has been a fairly frequent problem for me being a parent and a "grown up" with lots of things I have to prioritize above "the fun stuff". Then again the money ain't no issue. In the case of webOS, the lack of access to purchase apps is unfortunately an issue.

    {I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    It has been a fairly frequent problem for me being a parent and a "grown up" with lots of things I have to prioritize above "the fun stuff". Then again the money ain't no issue. In the case of webOS, the lack of access to purchase apps is unfortunately an issue.
    I'm a parent and a "grown up" too, but usually when I download an app it's during my free time and I try it out right then. And keep in mind the trial period starts when you first run the app. So if you download the app and let it sit on your device for a year, you can still try it out for 14 days after you first run it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  14. #74  
    Free time - yeah, I recall those days ... 8o)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions