View Poll Results: What are your favorite features in Music Player (Remix) 2.0?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Universal search - Finding your music by simply typing

24 40.00%
  • Mini-Player - Multi-module dashboard controls available while using other apps

19 31.67%
  • Enhanced flylists - Add any type of item to a flylist, re-orderable items, etc.

10 16.67%
  • Faves list - Pinning items to the home screen for one-touch easy access

21 35.00%
  • Playlist Preview Mode - Swiping on the Now Playing screen to preview the current playlist

16 26.67%
  • Complete playlist control via "Add to list" popups (accessed via the "+" icons)

10 16.67%
  • Last.FM scrobbling

10 16.67%
  • Auto bookmarks - saved when you close the app, and saved for every playlist/flylist

9 15.00%
  • Advanced manual bookmarks with visual markers and tapping next/previous to go to next bookmark

4 6.67%
  • New visual style/UI - wallpapers with semi-transparent overlays, animated popups, etc.

30 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been getting some great feedback in the Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta homebrew thread, but I wanted to start this poll to get specific feedback about which new features people are digging the most.

So please vote on your favorite feature(s) and write a short message about why you like the feature(s) or why you feel they are useful to you.

But keep in mind that the original homebrew thread (linked above) should continue to be the main place to discuss Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta and share feedback about the app. This thread's only purpose is to compile data on what specific features people are finding the most useful.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/07/2010 at 10:01 AM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #2  
    Oh and if your favorite feature isn't listed on the poll, please post a message indicating what that feature is.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Faves list for sure... I'm really liking this, thanks.
    I gotta go with the mini-player... especially if you're able to make it stay on without having to have the App Card open.

Second place (but close) has to go to being able to set my own background. I love being able to chose my own image and change it whenever I want. I have over 350 wallpaper images on my Pre, so you can tell I like to change things up from time to time. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    i checked off mini-player, preview playlist(which is prob my fave of all), and the UI layout
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I did vote for Universal Search, Playlist Preview, and new Visual Style, however my very favorite new feature is Auto Resume.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I'd have to say my top fav is Complete playlist control via "Add to list" popups (accessed via the "+" icons)
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    There all great features, universal search and favs list are my favorites.
    Playlist preview mode is such an awesome feature. It should be required in every music app. It's paricularly useful when you want to use shuffle mode but still decide what you want to play next. And it is implemented so well - swipe left/right to preview, tap to play, swipe up to queue. The only gripe I have is tbat you can only queue one song at a time. Fix that and it would be perfect.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    Playlist preview mode is such an awesome feature. It should be required in every music app. It's paricularly useful when you want to use shuffle mode but still decide what you want to play next. And it is implemented so well - swipe left/right to preview, tap to play, swipe up to queue. The only gripe I have is tbat you can only queue one song at a time. Fix that and it would be perfect.
    That's exactly what I use it for...when I "shuffle all"...it allows me to preview the playlist and pick and choose what I want to listen to.

To queue more than one song, just keep swiping up while browsing the playlist in Preview Mode. Everytime you do it, it'll place the swiped song next in the queue. Or are you envisioning something else?

11.    #11  
    Thanks for all the feedback in the poll so far. It definitely gives some good insight into what people are looking for.

(moved)
    Last edited by swieder; 09/07/2010 at 10:25 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    sleep timer
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I really miss the PocketTunes feature where I could skip 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 5 mins.
    Please try to keep this thread on topic, which is to vote on your favorite feature currently implemented in the app.

For all other feedback, please post in the main thread (linked to in the first post of this thread). However I already have this request on my list.

why isn't sleep timer an option to vote for? BRILLIANT! Everything is better. Period.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    why isn't sleep timer an option to vote for? BRILLIANT! Everything is better. Period.
    I agree I've found the sleep timer to be my favorite new feature. No more waking up in the middle of the night to turn the music off! That said, this music player is by far the best I've used on a mobile phone. Kudos and thanks for all your hard work Dan
  17.    #17  
    I could only include 10 options in the poll. But yes, there are more than 10 new features in the app, so I had to leave a few out of the poll.

But don't worry, I'm still counting your votes for "sleep timer".

Tapping cover art to stop/start play. I know it's so simple but sometimes it's those little things that really make software great.

As a side note I love how you take full advantage of the forum to make your app better. A number of threads on a few topics and polls. Staying connected with the user base says goods things about you in my eyes.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Tapping cover art to stop/start play. I know it's so simple but sometimes it's those little things that really make software great.

As a side note I love how you take full advantage of the forum to make your app better. A number of threads on a few topics and polls. Staying connected with the user base says goods things about you in my eyes.
    Hey all features are open for voting...so if that's the one that does it for you, so be it!

It's important to keep in touch with your user base and PreCentral is the best place to do it. The original Music Player (Remix) grew the way it did because of the great feedback I received from the community, so it made perfect sense to bring 2.0 back to the community.

First of all, thanks for this awesome app!

I'd like to request a feature. Is it possible to send Song Information via AVRCP?
    I can see song information on my Bluetooth Headset when I use the stock Music App, but using Music Player Remix does not show anything.
    It's not something super important, so don't worry about it if you have your hands full with bugs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast