1.    #1  
    So I checked out the YouTube videos for the demonstration of the new Music Player (Remix) 2.0 app, and I must say...dayummmm. That's looking nice!

One feature that I've always wanted to have in an MP3 player or other device, but have never come across, is sort of like your bookmark feature. Basically it works like this...

I'm into heavy metal music. In metal song, you typically come across a breakdown in the song that just rocks your world. I use my phone in my car with the auxiliary port and have wished that I could easily get to and listen to a breakdown a few times in a row. (Sometimes listening to it once you don't get the full effect, but listening to it three or four times you really get that wow factor, and I hate having to scrub back and forth in a song just to hear it.) So with that in mind.. It would be a neat feature to have sort of a "Looped Bookmark" option. So say that in Song A, the breakdown comes in at 3:42 and ends at 3:57. What I'd like to have the option of doing is setting Loop Point A at 3:42 and Loop Point B at 3:57 so that I can automatically jump straight to 3:42 in the song of choice and once it hits 3:57 it goes right back to 3:42 and plays that continuously until I've had enough of the breakdown.

For bonus points and an extra WOW factor, it would be pretty neat if at say 3:56 it faded out and was overlapped with the beginning at 3:42 so that it sounds continuous (sort of). That way when you listen to it, it isn't a hard break from the end back to the beginning, but more of a subtle transition back to the beginning of the looped bookmark.

How do-able is this? Is it something you'd be interested in implementing? I'm sure a lot of audiophiles on the forum would be interested in this sort of thing, especially if they have certain parts of a song that they really enjoy listening to on repeat without having to scrub back and forth.
    I do have something planned which I think you'll appreciate. It's not exactly what you're describing, but it should help you out in your situation.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I do have something planned which I think you'll appreciate. It's not exactly what you're describing, but it should help you out in your situation.
    Very nice. Keep up the great work pal! Any estimation on a release date?
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Very nice. Keep up the great work pal! Any estimation on a release date?
    It's release is dependent upon Palm opening up the media indexing API. They indicated this would happen "in the fall".
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    So I checked out the YouTube videos for the demonstration of the new Music Player (Remix) 2.0 app, and I must say...dayummmm. That's looking nice!

One feature that I've always wanted to have in an MP3 player or other device, but have never come across, is sort of like your bookmark feature. Basically it works like this...

I'm into heavy metal music. In metal song, you typically come across a breakdown in the song that just rocks your world. I use my phone in my car with the auxiliary port and have wished that I could easily get to and listen to a breakdown a few times in a row. (Sometimes listening to it once you don't get the full effect, but listening to it three or four times you really get that wow factor, and I hate having to scrub back and forth in a song just to hear it.) So with that in mind.. It would be a neat feature to have sort of a "Looped Bookmark" option. So say that in Song A, the breakdown comes in at 3:42 and ends at 3:57. What I'd like to have the option of doing is setting Loop Point A at 3:42 and Loop Point B at 3:57 so that I can automatically jump straight to 3:42 in the song of choice and once it hits 3:57 it goes right back to 3:42 and plays that continuously until I've had enough of the breakdown.

For bonus points and an extra WOW factor, it would be pretty neat if at say 3:56 it faded out and was overlapped with the beginning at 3:42 so that it sounds continuous (sort of). That way when you listen to it, it isn't a hard break from the end back to the beginning, but more of a subtle transition back to the beginning of the looped bookmark.

How do-able is this? Is it something you'd be interested in implementing? I'm sure a lot of audiophiles on the forum would be interested in this sort of thing, especially if they have certain parts of a song that they really enjoy listening to on repeat without having to scrub back and forth.
    Previously in this thread I had mentioned a feature that would help with the situation described above. That feature is the ability to add multiple bookmarks per song and have them show up as markers whenever you load the song. In a bookmarked song, you can use the "next" and "previous" buttons to quickly move between bookmarks/chapters.

If you haven't already, you can check out a demonstration of this feature here:

This should probably be feedback for version 2.5 or version 3.0. I have not the app myself yet (on Pre 2), but i love the memory lane autoplaylist feature. It's just like the smart playlist that i had on iOS.

Now that the TouchPad is revealed, I'm pretty sure you plan to create Music Player Remix for WebOS 3. I have the following suggestion that i think will make this a great app:
    - synced index. Total play count, last play date, and other index will be synced between the 2 devices, either automatically, manually, or thru touchstone.
    - ability to transfer playlist thru touch to share.
    - auto launch and auto play preselected playlist on touchstone. Would be good if you can find a way to force the bluetooth to connect to preselected speaker as well for touchstone. Imagine i touchstone in car, it'll play automatically thru the car BT radio. If i touchstone at home, it'll connect to home stereo BT and play.

Well, that's it from me. Can't wait for you to release to App Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandaq View Post
    This should probably be feedback for version 2.5 or version 3.0. I have not the app myself yet (on Pre 2)
    The app catalog version (for webOS 2.0 devices like the Pre 2) is coming very soon. For the latest news, you can look in the Music Player (Remix) 2.0 homebrew thread or follow me on Twitter (@Hedami).

but i love the memory lane autoplaylist feature. It's just like the smart playlist that i had on iOS.
    Yeah autolists are one of my favorite, most-used features. The app catalog version has 5 autolists (Auto DJ, Favorites, Chart Toppers, Deja Vu, and Memory Lane). There is a 6th autolist already implemented, but due to a bug in the version of webOS 2.0 that runs on the Pre 2, I can't enable it yet. But hopefully HP will issue a webOS 2.1 update to the Pre 2's so I can enable it. This autolist will be the best of the bunch.

- synced index. Total play count, last play date, and other index will be synced between the 2 devices, either automatically, manually, or thru touchstone.
    I don't know if this will be possible, but if so it's a great idea.

- ability to transfer playlist thru touch to share.
    Again, I don't know if it will be possible to share data, but again great idea.

- auto launch and auto play preselected playlist on touchstone. Would be good if you can find a way to force the bluetooth to connect to preselected speaker as well for touchstone. Imagine i touchstone in car, it'll play automatically thru the car BT radio. If i touchstone at home, it'll connect to home stereo BT and play.
    Again, not sure if this will be something accessible by developers. Hopefully we'll learn more as time goes by.