Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've just submitted my latest app called Web Hopper. Web Hopper is a highly addictive, fun app that lets you "hop" around millions of random pages around the web. Web sites you may have never found in your everyday browsing are now at your fingertips. And once you start hopping, you may never want to quit. It really is a blast!

By default, you'll browse all types of sites. But you can also specify your interests such as Gadgets, Tennis, Music, World News, etc. and Web Hopper will only hop to those particular types of sites.

You can also save your favorite sites to a bookmark list.

Here is a preview video demonstrating Web Hopper:

Web Hopper should be available in the app catalog next week. It's a free app, so everyone go check it out and start hoppin'!
    Last edited by DanPLC; 06/12/2010 at 06:28 AM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Sounds interesting Dan! Thanks for your continued support....

LOL i have to say it.. first!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    Sounds interesting Dan! Thanks for your continued support....

LOL i have to say it.. first!
    Be sure to check it out when it drops next week!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

I'll be watching for this.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I'll be watching for this.
    Thanks...once you try it out let me know what you think.

My inspiration for this app was the StumbleUpon Firefox add-on. It's so much fun to keep pressing "Stumble" and finding interesting new sites.

I think people are really going to enjoy web-hopping during their spare time.

6.    #6  
    It looks like the app will be available in the catalog starting today, so I've posted the Web Hopper Guides video tutorial series to help people get accustomed to all of the app's features.

Here are the links to the guides:

Web Hopper Guides

Web Hopper Guides (formatted for mobile devices)

7.    #7  
    Web Hopper is now available in the catalog! Go pick it up and start hoppin'!

Just downloaded and deselected some categories. Question will there be a preference or option screen to add our own keywords? for example if I want to find the latest evidence based practice or learning theory for students I would like to add that in if possible. Great concept.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Just downloaded and deselected some categories. Question will there be a preference or option screen to add our own keywords? for example if I want to find the latest evidence based practice or learning theory for students I would like to add that in if possible. Great concept.
    Yes I am planning on adding keyword searches. Speaking of future features, here's a list of features coming soon:

- Keyword searching

- Hop around the current site. So if you land up on a cnn.com article, you can choose to hop around CNN for awhile instead of the whole web.

- Allow you to specify whether you hop to all random sites or just popular ones (dugg by other people).

- Add "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" buttons to allow you to rate sites (this will require a Digg account).

Awesome! I was just going to ask about a rating system. ha

Digg will do the trick.

Great little App so far, I'm enjoying jumping around the web.
  11.    #11  
    Awesome! I was just going to ask about a rating system. ha

Digg will do the trick.

Great little App so far, I'm enjoying jumping around the web.
    Digg is actually where Web Hopper is getting its random web pages. So after I add this feature, when you give a website a "thumbs up", it'll actually be "digging" the site. When you give it a "thumbs down", it'll be "burying" the site.

12.    #12  
    Version 1.0.1 has been submitted to the catalog!

It contains 2 key changes:

- A new option has been added to the configuration screen to only hop to popular web pages (as defined by the number of diggs a web page has received on Digg.com). So you now have the option of only focusing on sites that many other people have appreciated. The downside of choosing this option is that you may never come across a hidden gem. But I think it'll be fun to play with both options.

- The visual style of the app has been touched up.

Hopefully the new release will be available in a few days. Next week I'm planning on making another release with some of the other features I discussed earlier in the thread.

13.    #13  
    Version 1.0.1 is now available in the app catalog. Go grab it!

14.    #14  
    Version 1.1.0 should be available in the update section of the catalog (shopping card icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen) and it should show up in the main sections of the catalog soon.

The big new feature is social browsing. You can now rank pages with a thumbs up or thumbs down. Rankings are submitted to digg.com so other web hoppers and digg users can see them. Also you can leave comments on a page or view comments left by other web hoppers or digg users. You can view a preview of this feature here: )

I'm currently working on Version 1.2.0 which should be available next week. It's going to have two cool new features:

- Randomly hop to pages based upon a keyword search.

- Randomly hop to pages within a certain domain. So let's say you hop to a cnn.com page. You can then select this option to hop to other pages within cnn.com. Or type in any domain and find pages on that site.

Right on... I guess it's time to sign up for Digg. haha
  16.    #16  
    Right on... I guess it's time to sign up for Digg. haha
    You can actually do that directly from the app. When you try to use one of the new social browsing features (ranking, adding comments), it'll bring you to a new "Link to your Digg account" page. Tapping on the "Link" button will load the Digg.com site in a web browser card which lets you create a new account (or log in if you already have one). This is all described in the video I linked to in my previous message.

Awesome... thanks!
  18.    #18  
    And incidentally if people didn't know, just like in all my apps, there is a "Videos" section on the app's help screen. This allows you to view my video guides/tutorials directly on the device and they're all formatted to be viewed full-screen without having to rotate the phone.

The latest guide ("Social Browsing") is not available yet in the app. I'll be updating the feed tonight. But in the meantime, you can tap on the YouTube icon at the bottom of the video list screen and view the video directly from my YouTube account.

I love how connected everything is these days... I clicked the thumbs up, it asks to link to Digg, I click connect with Facebook and poof! I have a Digg account. haha
  20.    #20  
    I love how connected everything is these days... I clicked the thumbs up, it asks to link to Digg, I click connect with Facebook and poof! I have a Digg account. haha
    Yeah that's how I set up mine. It seems like everything is connected to Facebook these days. They're taking over the world!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast