Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Web Hopper 1.2 has been released! To view the complete changelog, go to hedami.com.

The two main new features are:

- You can hop around to web pages that match a particular keyword or phrase. It allows you to focus your hops on a very specific topic.

- You can hop around on a particular website. So if you landed on cnn.com, you can tap a button to keep hopping to other pages on cnn.com. Or you can type your own domain in (such as precentral.net) and find random pages on that site.

To learn more about the new features, you can check out the new video posted in my signature.

In addition, I've added a fun Easter Egg that is hidden within the app. (HINT: If you know which app allows you to set location-based reminders and you know the name of our web site, you can find the hidden surprise).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #22  
    It looks like the app catalog is having some issues. All of the new and updated apps from today have been removed. So hopefully in a little while people can pick up the 1.2.0 update to Web Hopper.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It looks like the app catalog is having some issues. All of the new and updated apps from today have been removed. So hopefully in a little while people can pick up the 1.2.0 update to Web Hopper.
    Well it appears it's fixed now. So grab it while you can (until the next catalog outage!).

Got the update early this morning, I guess before the first outage. haha

Looking forward to checking it out some more on my lunch break.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Got the update early this morning, I guess before the first outage. haha

Looking forward to checking it out some more on my lunch break.
    Yeah let me know how you like the new features.

I've been using the keyword search feature a lot. It's fun pulling up random sites on topics/people.

Also the domain search is a nifty feature. For instance, it can be fun hopping around random pages on wikipedia.org.

is it possibe to have mobile web pages only?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    is it possibe to have mobile web pages only?
    No... It pulls random web pages from digg.com and there's no way to only choose mobile sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No... It pulls random web pages from digg.com and there's no way to only choose mobile sites.

thanks bro. I tried.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    thanks bro. I tried.
    It's always worth asking. While mobile-friendly sites are nicer to use, I find that browsing normal sites is pretty nice on the Pre. All you have to do is double-tap a column of text and it zooms right in.

However I may have ruined my view of the Pre after trying out an Evo at the Sprint store. It's amazing what another inch of diagonal screen space does. However I'm not sure I'd want to lug that huge phone around. I think 3.7 inch would be perfect. But that's a whole other discussion...

10.    #30  
    Web Hopper is currently broken because the Digg API service is having issues (check out twitter.com/digg for more details). After searching twitter for "digg api", it seems Web Hopper isn't the only mobile app having issues.

Unfortunately I've already received a negative review for this. The reviewer used the F word and said not to download my app. Lovely!

11.    #31  
    Digg's API seems to be back up in a limited fashion. Web Hopper can now pull the list of categories/topics from Digg; however in Digg 4.0, the topic list has changed dramatically. It seems to be a much smaller, generalized list vs. the old list which had many more specific topics.

Web hopping now works again; however user authentication is failing. So commenting and rating is not working.

I'm going to have to upgrade the app to use version 2.0 of the API which hopefully will work better.

Just getting a blank page on the categoories page, is digg still being a problem? or is it on my end of things?
  13.    #33  
    Thanks for the heads up. Yes digg is back down. Here is a status of their API: Known Issues | Digg Developers

The "services.digg.com" which is listed as "DOWN" is the one being used by Web Hopper to retrieve all of its data (categories, random websites, etc.).

So if you're a user of Web Hopper, please keep up with the link above to find out when the service has been re-instated.

14.    #34  
    And Digg is back down yet again! So I've decided to submit a suspension request to Palm. Web Hopper is going to be removed from the app catalog until Digg can stabilize their API.

I installed the app version 1.99.26 (http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...-remix-20-beta) but it doesn't show the info album when playing a song. The same files music in amarok does shows the image of the album.

I have firmware 1.4.1.1 ......

Any suggestions?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaispuro View Post
    I installed the app version 1.99.26 (http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...-remix-20-beta) but it doesn't show the info album when playing a song. The same files music in amarok does shows the image of the album.

I have firmware 1.4.1.1 ......

Any suggestions?
    You're in the wrong thread. This is the Web Hopper discussion thread.

The Music Player (Remix) Beta support thread can be found here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-2-0-beta.html

What happened to Web Hopper? I doctored my phone and it was gone. I have searched for it in the app catalogue and Preware but no luck. Did the name change? I loved that app!!!

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    What happened to Web Hopper? I doctored my phone and it was gone. I have searched for it in the app catalogue and Preware but no luck. Did the name change? I loved that app!!!
    The app used the Digg API to retrieve the random web pages. Digg upgraded their site and in the process broke their API. It was completely broken at one point which is why I pulled it from the catalog. The app does function in most ways now; however there are certain functions that still don't work (comments, thumbs up/down).

A few weeks ago I tried upgrading the app to the latest version of the Digg API and found that certain API functions were still completely broken. Many other developers have posted on Digg's site and they don't seem to be responding.

So until Digg fixes their API and I can upgrade the app so that it functions reliably, Web Hopper will be unavailable.

This is the second app of mine that Digg has messed up! So frustrating.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    wow, very kewl app.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast