1.    #1  
    This thread will serve as a technical guide for any developers who wants to take advantage of the cross-app launching features of GeoStrings. I'll be posting instructions on how to launch GeoStrings to perform certain tasks. I'll edit this initial post to link to those posts.

If you choose to modify your app to add the ability to launch GeoStrings, please let me know (either via PM or my email address which you can find on hedami.com). That way I'll be able to help promote this new feature in your app.

General Guides
    Guide for launching GeoStrings (or any other app)

Cross-App Launching Guides
    Setting the GeoStrings alert sound file (Version 1.1.2 or later required)
    Last edited by DanPLC; 06/10/2010 at 12:05 PM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #2  
    Ever since webOS 1.4, when an app launches another app, it'll load a visible card even if the app is launched in headless mode. This bug as of today has not been fixed. So as a result, you can use the following code to workaround the issue by re-maximizing your app's card stage.

Code:
    // In your scene's initialize routine do the following
    this.deactivateWindowHandler = this.handleDeactivateWindow.bindAsEventListener(this);

// In your scene setup routine do the following
    Mojo.Event.listen(this.controller.stageController.document, Mojo.Event.stageDeactivate, this.deactivateWindowHandler, true);

// In your scene cleanup routine do the following
    Mojo.Event.stopListening(this.controller.stageController.document, Mojo.Event.stageDeactivate, this.deactivateWindowHandler, true);
    this.deactivateWindowHandler = null;

// Add the following routine to your scene
    // to automatically re-maximize your card stage
    YourSceneAssistant.prototype.handleDeactivateWindow = function(event) {

Mojo.Log.info('HANDLE DEACTIVATE WINDOW');

// NOTE:  Set this.headlessAppLaunched to true before you launch
        // the app in headless mode.  If this check is not present, your app
        // will keep auto-maximizing anytime the user minimizes the card.
        if (this.headlessAppLaunched) {
            this.headlessAppLaunched = false;
            this.controller.stageController.activate();
        }
    };
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

3.    #3  
    GeoStrings has the ability to define a ringtone (or music file) as its custom alert sound. As of version 1.1.2, other apps can launch GeoStrings and set its alert sound file.

To do this run this code:

Code:
    // alertFile is the variable containing the full
    // path to the ringtone
    // ex. "/media/internal/ringtones/Triangle.mp3"
    this.controller.serviceRequest("palm://com.palm.applicationManager", {
          method: "launch",
          parameters:  {
    	  id: 'com.hedami.geostrings',
    	  params: {
    	      action: "saveAlertFile",
                  alertFile: alertFile
    	  }
          },
          onSuccess: this.saveAlertFileSuccess.bind(this),
          onFailure: this.saveAlertFileFailure.bind(this) 
        });