Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Music Player (Remix) reached a huge milestone today. It's been downloaded more than a quarter million times by the PreCentral community! I wanted to give a big thanks to everyone that supported the project and provided me great feedback and ideas while it was being developed last year. The app wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for this community.

Update: 8 months later and the app has been downloaded 30,000+ more times!
    Last edited by DanPLC; 01/12/2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Updated thread title
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Congrats. Is this only a homebrew app?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  3.    #3  
    Yes this is a homebrew app. But hopefully it'll graduate to the app catalog later this year when Palm finalizes the media indexing APIs. The app catalog version will be taking Music Player (Remix) to the next level. So maybe next year we'll reach a million downloads...you never know!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

I Love the app, although since my pre's volume button is busted, and i've lost my headphones, i don't really use it.

Anyways, I didn't really like the background image, so i made it dark blue, but that's what i love about your app, it's made for everyone. Anyone can change the background colour. Well my favorit thing about it is the lyrics button, cause i'm a guy who always looks up the lyrics to a song. Theres tones of other great settings, and features that i don't use, or care about, but they don't get in my way. The interface is still very clean.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I Love the app, although since my pre's volume button is busted, and i've lost my headphones, i don't really use it.
    Are you going to get it fixed? I couldn't imagine not having the volume keys. Actually I'm facing a similar dilemna. This morning the power button broke off. It's not absolutely necessary to have a working power button; however it is quickly becoming a nuisance not having it.

Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Anyways, I didn't really like the background image, so i made it dark blue, but that's what i love about your app, it's made for everyone. Anyone can change the background colour. Well my favorit thing about it is the lyrics button, cause i'm a guy who always looks up the lyrics to a song. Theres tones of other great settings, and features that i don't use, or care about, but they don't get in my way. The interface is still very clean.
    Yeah people seem to like the wallpaper customization feature. Not everyone has the same taste so it's nice to switch it up. And lyrics are also nice to have. It's allowed me to discover some lyrics that I couldn't figure out on my own.

yea, palm is sending me a new one. Thank you for a great app.
    wow congrats
    As a developer, are you able to see *unique* downloads? I've Doctored my Pre several times over the past year+ (and now am on my 3rd Pre). So does (approx) 15 downloads to my profile count only as 1 or as 15? What about with different phones? Would it only be 3 downloads (3 phones - never mind how many times it's been downloaded to those phones)?

I'm just wondering how it works behind the scenes. I haven't actually used the developer access I have yet. I was supposed to be helping out fix an existing old app, but, I see no way of importing an already existing app into webos-internal's git repo for "community" work, so it's just sitting semi-fixed enough to not continue to annoy the hell out of people (me...).

Anyway, I'm just wondering how much you can see on your end of things.

M.
    Hey DanPLC.....remember my comment about $5 & 100,000 downloads and $3 & 250,000? Considering I didn't even see THIS thread until just now, not a bad guess eh?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    As a developer, are you able to see *unique* downloads? I've Doctored my Pre several times over the past year+ (and now am on my 3rd Pre). So does (approx) 15 downloads to my profile count only as 1 or as 15? What about with different phones? Would it only be 3 downloads (3 phones - never mind how many times it's been downloaded to those phones)?

I'm just wondering how it works behind the scenes. I haven't actually used the developer access I have yet. I was supposed to be helping out fix an existing old app, but, I see no way of importing an already existing app into webos-internal's git repo for "community" work, so it's just sitting semi-fixed enough to not continue to annoy the hell out of people (me...).

Anyway, I'm just wondering how much you can see on your end of things.

M.
    For homebrew apps, I don't know the number of unique downloads. The numbers reported on PreCentral include re-downloads and updates. However based upon the number of downloads tracked after an app update, you can approximate the number of unique users.

In the official app catalog, developers have access to unique download statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    For homebrew apps, I don't know the number of unique downloads. The numbers reported on PreCentral include re-downloads and updates. However based upon the number of downloads tracked after an app update, you can approximate the number of unique users.

In the official app catalog, developers have access to unique download statistics.

OK, cool. My curiosity has been answered. Thank you for the reply, man. That's quite an impressive number you sport!

M.
    Wow that is huge good job guys
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Hey DanPLC.....remember my comment about $5 & 100,000 downloads and $3 & 250,000? Considering I didn't even see THIS thread until just now, not a bad guess eh?
    If I was charging $3 for the homebrew version, then you'd be dead on!

I don't hear (much) music on my pre. But for sure have installed your app.
    And your app is the best example of how someone can improve apps.
    I never understood why palm was not "buying" you or your app.
    It should be the standard player for webOS.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Congrats and well deserved Dan!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I don't hear (much) music on my pre. But for sure have installed your app.
    And your app is the best example of how someone can improve apps.
    I never understood why palm was not "buying" you or your app.
    It should be the standard player for webOS.
    Thanks a lot! If I had the time I would love to improve (remix) some of the other core apps.

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Congrats and well deserved Dan!
    Thanks...this is actually an old thread referencing the original Music Player (Remix). The download count is actually up to 280,000 now which seems unreal even though it also counts updates and re-downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Thanks...this is actually an old thread referencing the original Music Player (Remix). The download count is actually up to 280,000 now which seems unreal even though it also counts updates and re-downloads.
    Ups lol. Didn't saw the date. Even better with 280,000. Someone waked this thread up ;-)
    But all I said is the truth anyway.
    Dear H/Palm:

Please send Dan $250,000 to buy this app and make it the standard music player for webOS 2.0

that is all
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Dear H/Palm:

Please send Dan $250,000 to buy this app and make it the standard music player for webOS 2.0

that is all
    I'm pretty sure HP/Palm isn't reading this thread, but I appreciate the sentiment!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast