Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It should already do this. Is this a normal playlist (synced from the computer) or a flylist? I know it definitely does it for flylists. I don't use playlists on a regular basis, but I thought it did it for them as well. I know it does it for every other type of list (artist, album, genre, etc.).
    It doesn't do it for my M3U lists, for none of them. Maybe someone else has a different experience and report it?

You can create flylists in the app that are stored on the device, but no they aren't currently synced back into the original playlist files (M3U, etc.). Currently there is no public API that allows this. I'm hoping that Palm will include this capability (playlist editing) directly into the media indexing APIs, but you never know.
    Is there a way to convert an M3U to a Flylist? Maybe the features for the Flylist would be sufficient for me but I really don't want to create a Flylist from scratch for 300+ songs (and in the preferred order, too).

I don't think "triple click" detection is possible. But I'll look into it.
    Thanks a lot
    Palm History:
    Palm IIIx, Sony Clie SL10, Treo 650, Treo 680, Palm Pre
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandarve View Post
    It doesn't do it for my M3U lists, for none of them. Maybe someone else has a different experience and report it?
    It's very possible that it doesn't work. I'll definitely look into it and get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandarve View Post
    Is there a way to convert an M3U to a Flylist? Maybe the features for the Flylist would be sufficient for me but I really don't want to create a Flylist from scratch for 300+ songs (and in the preferred order, too).
    There will be.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Hi, Love the app. The Resume feature is GREAT. I am a big audio book fan so this is really fanntastic.

I would love to see a sleep timer. One used to be on the Pocket Tunes and it is a must on the Pre particularly with the battery life.

Addition of a sleep timer would make this app PERFECT.

Thanks for your work.

Dakota
    LYRICS thats the best feature !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    1) Flylists

2) The ability to disable landscape view. I never uses it and find it annoying to open up my phone and see it in landscape mode.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaforgione View Post
    Hi, Love the app. The Resume feature is GREAT. I am a big audio book fan so this is really fanntastic.

I would love to see a sleep timer. One used to be on the Pocket Tunes and it is a must on the Pre particularly with the battery life.

Addition of a sleep timer would make this app PERFECT.

Thanks for your work.

Dakota
    Well then you're going to be happy because I've already implemented a sleep timer.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Austintwilliams View Post
    1) Flylists

2) The ability to disable landscape view. I never uses it and find it annoying to open up my phone and see it in landscape mode.
    The next-gen version of the app has this ability. I've been using it myself actually since there are times when I don't want it switching orientations.

8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    LYRICS thats the best feature !!!
    I agree it's one of the cool features of the app.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ...I think I can make enhancements to the current app to make audiobook (spoken word) listening a better experience....

Make it compatible w/ Audible.com content and you would be a GOD around here! ;-)

Damm I miss that app.

Love: lyrics.
    Want:Internet Radio Streaming (I miss Pocketunes too)

Oh, and Geostrings is great!
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    ...I think I can make enhancements to the current app to make audiobook (spoken word) listening a better experience....

Make it compatible w/ Audible.com content and you would be a GOD around here! ;-)
    I think audio format compatibility is going to be out of my control.

Want:Internet Radio Streaming (I miss Pocketunes too)
    With webOS multitasking, wouldn't opening up a separate app for internet streaming work fine? Does it really need to be integrated into the music player app?

Oh, and Geostrings is great!
    Thanks!

1.25, 1.5, and 2x play back speeds!
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    1.25, 1.5, and 2x play back speeds!
    Right now this isn't possible with the SDK, but I can definitely see where it would be handy in certain situations like listening to a recorded lecture, or wanting to listen to a song like it was sung by Alvin and the Chipmunks!

I want it for listening to podcasts, I mostly listen to news type items, so it would be nice to be able to speed through the stuff I already know but just want to skim over again.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I want it for listening to podcasts, I mostly listen to news type items, so it would be nice to be able to speed through the stuff I already know but just want to skim over again.
    I checked w3.org (the official HTML standards web site) and I don't see any way to change playback speed using the HTML5 audio tag (which is how you playback audio in webOS). So right now, there's no way to do it unless I moved to the PDK. But because of limited audio file support and the current inability to submit PDK plugin apps to the app catalog, I won't be switching to PDK audio anytime soon.

I absolutely love the "Fave" section in the homescreen )

Just a shame if you fave an album it sorts all the songs by title which is a bit crap when you've spent ages putting songs in exactly the order you like.

All round tho... outstanding.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by joelrhodes View Post
    I absolutely love the "Fave" section in the homescreen )

Just a shame if you fave an album it sorts all the songs by title which is a bit crap when you've spent ages putting songs in exactly the order you like.

All round tho... outstanding.
    That's a bug that is fixed in the current beta build I'm working on. It should be sorting the songs by album track order. The next public beta build will have this fix.

17.    #77  
    I'm going to go ahead and close this thread since it really relates to the original version of the app.

All discussion of Music Player (Remix) 2.0 should happen here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2641197

Also if you'd like to vote on your favorite feature(s) in Music Player (Remix) 2.0, you can visit this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post2647729

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234