Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1. Bookmarks
    2. Ability to skip ahead/back 30sec, 1 min, 2min, 5 min
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    2.) Customizable "Auto-Play" - Some way to set a flylist or playlist or shuffle all or even shuffle within an album or genre instantly upon start up (or at the very least, with a single click from the first view).
    One of the major new features I'm working on should fit your needs quite nicely.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    2) I would absolutely LOVE to be able to 'swipe' to the next song while in landscape
    You can already do this in the current version of the app.

But I've changed/enhanced this feature a bit in the new version. I'll share more details later when I create a preview video.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    1. Bookmarks
    I'm guessing you read audio books or listen to other spoken-word content based upon your choices.

I have it on my list to think of a way to more easily skip/traverse through a long file. I'm still not sure how I'll accomplish that though...but I'll think of something.

Sounds like you take input very seriously and are a good piece into the work

Any roadmap? (Sorry, just can't wait. It's the same with 1.4.5, I know it will hardly change anything, but silly me can't wait)
    Bookmarks are my favorite, I use this app mainly for books.
    I would like: to make different compartments for books & music, so they don't go from a book to music in the rotation. I'd also like to beable to resume playing when I come back automatically. Sorry, one more, a quick press of the back button to beable to go back 20 seconds or something like that. Maybe an option to set how far back to go when it's pressed.
    I love this app, thanks for making it. It makes listening to my audiobook sooo much better.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    1. Bookmarks
    What he said!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    Sounds like you take input very seriously and are a good piece into the work

Any roadmap? (Sorry, just can't wait. It's the same with 1.4.5, I know it will hardly change anything, but silly me can't wait)
    It'll be released when the private APIs I'm using are made public by Palm later this year. I don't know exactly when that will happen.

9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    Bookmarks are my favorite, I use this app mainly for books.
    I would like: to make different compartments for books & music, so they don't go from a book to music in the rotation. I'd also like to beable to resume playing when I come back automatically. Sorry, one more, a quick press of the back button to beable to go back 20 seconds or something like that. Maybe an option to set how far back to go when it's pressed.
    I love this app, thanks for making it. It makes listening to my audiobook sooo much better.
    I have it on my list to investigate ways to separate out music and spoken-word, but I'm still not sure how I'll do that. I'm not sure that will make it into the initial release.

And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I also plan on implementing some way of skipping set amounts in a track.

Also I probably will have an option to auto-resume where you left off the last time you left the app. I know that some people may prefer that option.

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    1. the lyrics, its the main reason i use remix

2. how about animations like WMP, those funky swirling images, etc... (?)
    Love flylists, so easy and convenient.

Don't know if it would interest the masses but I would like the ability to 'ban' a song from shuffle all. There are a few songs/mp3s that I only use rarely and I'd rather them not show up in shuffle all. Possibly through use of a tag, like the previously suggested book_ tag?
    1. Flylists are great
    2. Can you add flash 10.1, add a usb host driver, expand support for more bluetooth profiles, and make the screen larger....
    1) Lyrics!!
    2) Wish it would pick up on the CD cover art in the folder (without having to go thru any extra steps)
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    1. the lyrics, its the main reason i use remix

2. how about animations like WMP, those funky swirling images, etc... (?)
    Animations would be cool; however there's no way to move them to the beat of the music which in my opinion is the only point of having animations.

15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Love flylists, so easy and convenient.

Don't know if it would interest the masses but I would like the ability to 'ban' a song from shuffle all. There are a few songs/mp3s that I only use rarely and I'd rather them not show up in shuffle all. Possibly through use of a tag, like the previously suggested book_ tag?
    It's possible to do something like this, but it may slow things down. I have no way of tagging the actual file (at least not in the current version of the private API). So that means I'd have to keep a local database of all tagged files. And then when I retrieve the list of all songs to play, I'd have to go through each one and check if it exists in the "banning" database. If someone has over a thousand songs, that will probably slow down the shuffle process.

16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    1. Flylists are great
    2. Can you add flash 10.1, add a usb host driver, expand support for more bluetooth profiles, and make the screen larger....
    Sure!

17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    1) Lyrics!!
    2) Wish it would pick up on the CD cover art in the folder (without having to go thru any extra steps)
    The album art is provided by the webOS media service so webOS is the one responsible for retrieving and providing the album art to the music apps. If you're someone who loves their album art, I think it's worth going through the steps of tagging your files properly. It's a one-time process and then you'll have all your album art (on both your computer and your portable devices).

I believe people in the main Music Player (Remix) thread have recommended Media Monkey as an easy way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It's possible to do something like this, but it may slow things down. I have no way of tagging the actual file (at least not in the current version of the private API). So that means I'd have to keep a local database of all tagged files. And then when I retrieve the list of all songs to play, I'd have to go through each one and check if it exists in the "banning" database. If someone has over a thousand songs, that will probably slow down the shuffle process.
    Sorry I should have been more clear, rather than the app having to create a database for itself I'm thinking if the user maually renamed their music to ban_name.mp3 and then set the shuffle all to do ignore all songs begginning with ban_. Would this method still have a detrimental effect on speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You can already do this in the current version of the app.

But I've changed/enhanced this feature a bit in the new version. I'll share more details later when I create a preview video.
    What is the current version? I'm using 0.12.3 and can't do that.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    What is the current version? I'm using 0.12.3 and can't do that.
    0.12.3 is the current version. I don't have it on my device since I'm testing the new version; however I'm fairly sure you should be able to swipe the album art to switch songs. Can anyone else confirm this?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast