Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Hedami developer forum has been set up to discuss our current apps, GeoStrings and Music Player (Remix) as well as our future apps.

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or feedback, please post them here.

In the coming months there will be a lot to discuss here. I have some cool things brewing up (new app) and my current apps will continue to evolve.

For those who are not familiar with my apps, here's a brief overview and history:

Music Player (Remix)

Music Player (Remix) was released in August '09 and quickly became the most downloaded homebrew app on PreCentral. In 2 short months, a very basic music app was turned into a world-class media experience with features such as flylists (on-the-fly playlist creation), bookmarks, resume play (automatic bookmark), lyric searches, quick alphabet searches, landscape and portrait modes (throughout the app), and wallpaper customization.

In October '09, I put Music Player (Remix) on a development hiatus to focus on my next app. At that time, I didn't expect to see the media indexing APIs opened up (which would allow the app to be submitted to the app catalog). Palm recently announced they plan on opening up the media indexing APIs by fall, so active development of Music Player (Remix) will resume. I have many plans on how to enhance the app. Some of which I've discussed in the homebrew thread, and some I've kept to myself. The main focus for future releases will be on improving the user experience. I want Music Player (Remix) to be the best media experience on any mobile platform.

GeoStrings

I started working on GeoStrings in October '09. My goal was to create an app that people would find useful on a daily basis. The idea for the app was inspired by my own forgetfulness. I would always forget to do something when I got home. Or I'd forget to pick something up even though I drove by the place.

GeoStrings was released on 12/31/09 (on the day we hit 1000 apps!) and has been very well received by the webOS community. I've received a lot of great feedback on PreCentral and via email. In addition to some of the great reviews by websites such as webOSRoundup.com and Preapptastic.com, the app is also featured on Palm.com in the "Productivity" section.

I have many great things planned for GeoStrings in the future. So keep a look out for them.

The future...

I've started working on my next project. I'm excited about it and I think everyone else will be once they see it. It's quite ambitious so it's going to take me awhile. But it'll be worth the wait...I don't want to reveal too much right now, but I will say that it will make one of your built-in apps obsolete. Just like Music Player (Remix) inspired the "Hide the Music Player" patch, this will inspire a similar patch. However this time around, it's being designed from scratch. This isn't a remix...it's more of a re-imagination.

When it gets closer to being ready, I'll be posting some videos. I'll also recruit some people for beta testing.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    hi dan, count me in for the beta, when ur ready (did someone say calendar?) :-)
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 04/30/2010 at 10:40 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi dan, count me in for the bets, (did someone say calendar?) :-)
    I'm not even close to having a beta ready. And I can't confirm or deny your guess.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

email app?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    email app?
    Again I can't confirm or deny that. But when I'm ready to announce it, I'll post it here along with videos of the new app.

anything soon?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    anything soon?
    No nothing soon in regards to my next app. Right now I'm working on the next version of GeoStrings. It's been taking me longer than expected because I've been struggling with the design of one of the main features. But I've finally decided what to do so hopefully it won't take too much longer.

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    hi dan, longtime fan your two apps are the two i use the most.

for music player remix a sleep timer would be very helpful. but i bet that's already on your list.
    let me guess: device info?

jk.. thanks, and i'm looking forward to it.

I'm ready to beta test.

my serious guess which you can't confirm or deny, but want on the record is tasks..
    Count me in for the beta testing of the new app.
    Even though we all know that it is a brand new web browser that is faster than the original pre's
    Seriously though music player is great and can't wait for it to go back into development. Will look forward to new apps from you.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    hi dan, longtime fan your two apps are the two i use the most.

for music player remix a sleep timer would be very helpful. but i bet that's already on your list.
    Yes it is: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...yer-remix.html

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    let me guess: device info?

jk.. thanks, and i'm looking forward to it.

I'm ready to beta test.

my serious guess which you can't confirm or deny, but want on the record is tasks..
    If I was to make a true task manager, it would probably become part of GeoStrings. So I can deny that guess.

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Count me in for the beta testing of the new app.
    Even though we all know that it is a brand new web browser that is faster than the original pre's
    Seriously though music player is great and can't wait for it to go back into development. Will look forward to new apps from you.
    I'll let you guys know when the app is ready for beta testing. But don't expect it to happen too soon. I still have a long ways to go.

I'm looking forward to getting back into Music Player (Remix) too. I've been working on the design of some ideas. It should be fun.

I've imported my music via both Windoze Media Player and direct USB drop but the album art doesn't stay attached. The art does show up in the Photos app - how can I get album art and the album reconciled?

Is there a preferred sync method for getting my music with album art moved to my brand new AT&T Pre Plus?

I'm a noobie to the Pre who's been waiting for it on AT&T for 2 years and 19 weeks - now that I have one I want it to do it all and I want it to start doing it now.

Thanks for any help...

/john
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeefe1 View Post
    I've imported my music via both Windoze Media Player and direct USB drop but the album art doesn't stay attached. The art does show up in the Photos app - how can I get album art and the album reconciled?

Is there a preferred sync method for getting my music with album art moved to my brand new AT&T Pre Plus?

I'm a noobie to the Pre who's been waiting for it on AT&T for 2 years and 19 weeks - now that I have one I want it to do it all and I want it to start doing it now.

Thanks for any help...

/john
    I haven't personally gone through the lengths of fixing my album art so it appears correctly in the app. However I know other people have. Search the "Music Player (Remix)" thread for "album art" and you should find previous discussions on how other people have accomplished this task.

I'm not a developer, but I am a good consumer, and so far I've been very appreciative of your work, Remix, And GeoStrings, are awesome apps. I wish I had the skills to put my ideas to work like you have. I'm an old PALM boy, and am really enjoying the WebOS, BUT I still miss some of the old stuff. If you continue to do what you've done by improving things, or just plain out designing new things, then I'll have to become a good customer of yours! Thank you!
    Last edited by teejay69; 06/01/2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: typos
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    I'm not a developer, but I am a good consumer, and so far I've been very appreciative of your work, Remix, And GeoStrings, are awesome apps. I wish I had the skills to put my ideas to work like you have. I'm an old PALM boy, and am really enjoying the WebOS, BUT I still miss some of the old stuff. If you continue to do what you've done by improving things, or just plain out designing new things, then I'll have to become a good customer of yours! Thank you!
    We all have our different talents. Mine is in programming and analytical thinking. I'm sure you have your own talents. I know I wish I was more musical. I'd love to be able to create music.

I'm glad you're enjoying my apps. It's definitely been fun making apps that other people can appreciate, as well as myself (being an avid user of both apps).

I have plenty of more great things to come. Right now I'm working on the next-gen version of Music Player (Remix). I've redesigned the look of the app for both aesthetic and functional reasons. Because of the major overhaul, the app has been in a semi-functional state for a little while now so I've definitely been hurting (since I test on my main phone). But now I finally have the app back in a fully-functional state so I'm doing better now. And actually several of the bugs in the current release version are fixed as a result of the overhaul, so it's actually more stable now than before.

I think people are going to be blown away by the new Music Player (Remix). I'm very pleased with it so far.

Hi Dan:

I have to clear my Pre but want to make sure I can reinstall Music Remix without having to re-purchase. What do I need to do?

Thanks!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherylad View Post
    Hi Dan:

I have to clear my Pre but want to make sure I can reinstall Music Remix without having to re-purchase. What do I need to do?

Thanks!
    The current version of Music Player (Remix) is a free homebrew app. I hope you didn't purchase it!

it looks like its been awhile since you announced this new app, so what is it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast