Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    Oh no Dan, I understand why it can't work that way.. I did read the thread (several times). But in accordance to your reply, I just wanted to give a practical example of how us Sprint users could benefit from Nav integration.
    I totally agree that navigation integration would be great. But it's just not going to be possible until navigation is included as an official service in the SDK (if that ever happens).
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Whose economy would it be good for, not Dan's!

(had to throw that in)

I would pay at least what the going price seems to be for most apps. In fact, this app seems more complex and creative than most, so more than that is even reasonable.

Your app looks real good, can't wait to pick it up.
    Geez guys, take it easy.. I was only kidding.
    This is hands down the most practical app I've seen in ages (August, when I bought the Pre).
    I CAN NOT imagine NOT owning this app, regardless of the cost..

And I thought I was kissing Dan's ****.. Geez..
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I totally agree that navigation integration would be great. But it's just not going to be possible until navigation is included as an official service in the SDK (if that ever happens).
    Nevertheless, this app frigging ROCKS!!!

I only posted my desire because I thought that is what we were supposed to do on here..

What you've created is simply remarkable. Especially considering that you work alone: as opposed to working with Internals and the crew..
    Quite impressive indeed.

Do you guys smell that??

LMAO..
  4.    #124  
    Nevertheless, this app frigging ROCKS!!!

I only posted my desire because I thought that is what we were supposed to do on here..
    Yes, this thread has 2 main purposes:

1) To get feedback/ideas/suggestions on the app

2) To keep everybody up-to-date on its progress
  5.    #125  
    I CAN NOT imagine NOT owning this app, regardless of the cost..
    Really...any cost?

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Really...any cost?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

L O L...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    You do good work, keep it up! You seem to make apps that don't leave want for added features. I appreciate the time and effort it takes to get an app to that level.

Everyone should help DanPLC with a donation.
    Genius is a gift but it doesn't keep the lights on.
    Ok can I import a list of addresses and have that be my geo string.

i.e. take an csv or excel file, import like 50 addresses, and then any time I am close to one have it remind me?

The idea: I am in construction and like to check on references but don't like to go out of my way to find them, but if I am in the neighborhood it would be nice to know a reference is close by.

2nd idea: traveling sales rep could use it for customers and that way he/she doesn't miss calling on X person just because they were in the area to see Y person.

But both rely on an effective way to get info into the program from an external source. Right now the only way I know to do this is with Google Maps Pro and G a GPS on my laptop.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    AWESOME! Can't wait to download this!
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Great app! Can't wait to use it :^ )
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by eaadams View Post
    Ok can I import a list of addresses and have that be my geo string.

i.e. take an csv or excel file, import like 50 addresses, and then any time I am close to one have it remind me?

The idea: I am in construction and like to check on references but don't like to go out of my way to find them, but if I am in the neighborhood it would be nice to know a reference is close by.

2nd idea: traveling sales rep could use it for customers and that way he/she doesn't miss calling on X person just because they were in the area to see Y person.

But both rely on an effective way to get info into the program from an external source. Right now the only way I know to do this is with Google Maps Pro and G a GPS on my laptop.
    I'm not sure how many people would really need this type of functionality. Most people won't have 50 locations in a single GeoString. So I'm not sure I'll be adding this ability. What you'll have to do is add each of the contacts (from your contact list) into the GeoString and then save them as a Location Group so you can then add them later in one step. You'll have that one time setup, but after that it'll be easy.
    App looks amazing. This will be the first app I've bought.

I'm really glad to see that you already added the ability to easily add multiple businesses.

It would be great if you could somehow add the Sprint Nav, but it's understandable why you can't. Could you maybe add an option to copy the address to the clipboard so we could at least paste it into our navigation app? Or would it be possible to set in the preferences tab, if we have Sprint Nav or not?

Also, +1 on adding the ability of changing profile settings based on location. Like putting the phone in silent when in a movie theater, for example.

Would also like to see smaller radius amounts. Like .5 and .25 and even less.

WRT to pricing IMO I would set the price at $3.99. Probably most people on here would pay more, but I don't know about the average pre user.
    Last edited by timbtimb; 12/05/2009 at 01:38 PM.
    I see android having similar apps so perhaps you could port this to work with them some day

I can't yet post links but people should look at the features of Geolife and Locale on the Android.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    App looks amazing. This will be the first app I've bought.
    Thanks!

It would be great if you could somehow add the Sprint Nav, but it's understandable why you can't. Could you maybe add an option to copy the address to the clipboard so we could at least paste it into our navigation app? Or would it be possible to set in the preferences tab, if we have Sprint Nav or not?
    Launching Sprint Navigation is not an option because I don't know whether or not the app can accept launch parameters (i.e. the address). This is not documented anywhere.

I'll have to think about the "copy to clipboard" option. I don't know that most people would even realize why that would be helpful. I really think that in most cases this would not be helpful considering most GeoString locations will be places they're familiar with.

Also, +1 on adding the ability of changing profile settings based on location. Like putting the phone in silent when in a movie theater, for example.
    This is not possible with the current SDK.

Would also like to see smaller radius amounts. Like .5 and .25 and even less.
    I'll look into it.

WRT to pricing IMO I would set the price at $3.99. Probably most people on here would pay more, but I don't know about the average pre user.
    That sounds about right.
    You have been super responsive to everyones posts. That is awesome. Its a good sign that this will be a well supported app.

However, now I am thinking you are too responsive.

Less typing, more coding!
    We want this thing NOW!
    come on everybody, let this guy work!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilemitch View Post
    You have been super responsive to everyones posts. That is awesome. Its a good sign that this will be a well supported app.

We want this thing NOW!
    Perhaps the thread is Dan's Muse.
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilemitch View Post

We want this thing NOW!
    Believe it or not I actually have a life outside of webOS development. So if I can manage a life, I think I can fit some time into responding in this thread. And also, it doesn't take long for me to respond... I type so fast smoke comes out of my keyboard.
    Hi all,

First of all, I want to say that this is a great idea for an app. The majority of the apps I see make me say "why would I want that on my tiny phone screen when I can do it on my computer?" This would be REALLY useful for me.

The only thing that would keep my from buying it - based on what I saw in your demonstration video - is that the minimum distance radius is one mile. I live in Brooklyn and don't own a car, so a mile is actually a significant distance for me. The big (well, most people outside of NYC would consider it small) mall near me is just over a mile away, as the crow flies. Any time I walk to my local subway stop to go to work, I'm within a mile of those stores.

And I can't even imagine how many stores are within a mile of my Manhattan office... ;-)

If you were to have a quarter-mile as the minimum radius, I'd be a customer for sure. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

- Steve
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSKadish View Post
    Hi all,

First of all, I want to say that this is a great idea for an app. The majority of the apps I see make me say "why would I want that on my tiny phone screen when I can do it on my computer?" This would be REALLY useful for me.

The only thing that would keep my from buying it - based on what I saw in your demonstration video - is that the minimum distance radius is one mile. I live in Brooklyn and don't own a car, so a mile is actually a significant distance for me. The big (well, most people outside of NYC would consider it small) mall near me is just over a mile away, as the crow flies. Any time I walk to my local subway stop to go to work, I'm within a mile of those stores.

And I can't even imagine how many stores are within a mile of my Manhattan office... ;-)

If you were to have a quarter-mile as the minimum radius, I'd be a customer for sure. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

- Steve
    This is why it was a good idea to post this thread. I have never lived in the city and therefore cannot appreciate how there would be so many targets within a 1-mile radius.

I have this on my punchlist and hopefully can get it done.
    Now, if Dan DID move into a city, he might be begging for an altitude extension to GPS for those highrise geo-tags!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast