Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcchan View Post
    a question about the "boomerang" button. I set up a geostring for a gas station on the way to work to remind myself to to get gas if I need to. My idea was that it would trigger on the way to work, I would hit the boomerang and then it would trigger again on the way home. This would involve leaving the target area and the rentering the area. I get a alarm the first time but it doesn't trigger again when I renter the area on the way home - even if i pull into the gas station and waiit around there for 10 minutes.

should I expect it retrigger or do I not understand how it is supposed to work? I have paid version on a Pixi Plus.

- joe
    Yep, that's what the boomerang button does. A few things to keep in mind:

- The boomerang will only work if you leave the target area (defined by the target radius in the geostring). So if your target radius is 2 miles, then you have to go at least 2 miles away from the target, then back within 2 miles from the target.

- If you have any other parameters in place (start/end times, start date, etc.), make sure those conditions are being met. For instance, if your start and end times were set to 10am - 2pm and you re-enter the target area at 3pm, it won't alarm.

- You may be having an issue with inaccurate GPS readings. For instance, let's say your target radius is 2 miles and you reach your target in the morning, then you go 2.5 miles away but your GPS never sees you outside of the 2 mile radius, then when you drive near the target in the afternoon the alarm will not go off.

If you are having inaccurate GPS issues (i.e. you reach a target and do not receive an alarm when you're expecting it), you should open up Google Maps and see how accurate the location is. You can follow the GPS troubleshooting tips I have listed in the FAQ on the GeoStrings help screen. They may help you if you're having GPS issues.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Hi. I use geostrings intermittantly, and I'm sorry if this is an obvious question and already answered in this thread, but 37 pages worth of thread is a bit daunting.

In any case, when I use the app, I will frequently discover that I've had an alert remind me to do something. I'd like some way to indicate quickly that I've completed the task and have the geostring inactivated. Ideally from the notification banner. It's not obvious to me how to do this. What I end up doing is going into the geostring and then manually setting it as inactive.

Is there an easier way to do this that I'm stupidly not seeing?

TIA.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  3.    #723  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Hi. I use geostrings intermittantly, and I'm sorry if this is an obvious question and already answered in this thread, but 37 pages worth of thread is a bit daunting.

In any case, when I use the app, I will frequently discover that I've had an alert remind me to do something. I'd like some way to indicate quickly that I've completed the task and have the geostring inactivated. Ideally from the notification banner. It's not obvious to me how to do this. What I end up doing is going into the geostring and then manually setting it as inactive.

Is there an easier way to do this that I'm stupidly not seeing?

TIA.
    Just swipe the notification off the screen. This will deactivate the geostring.

Incidentally, this information can be found on the app's help screen in the "Alert Notifications" section. Also there is a "Video Tutorials" section on the app's help screen where you can watch instructional videos on specific topics, including alert notifications.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Is it possible to have the alert sound transmitted to a bluetooth headset? I like to have alerts go off for my approaching bus stops and I miss them if I'm listening to media via bluetooth while the phone is in a sound and vibration isolating outer pocket.
  5.    #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    Is it possible to have the alert sound transmitted to a bluetooth headset? I like to have alerts go off for my approaching bus stops and I miss them if I'm listening to media via bluetooth while the phone is in a sound and vibration isolating outer pocket.
    Do other alert notification sounds, from other apps, play in your bluetooth headset? I'm guessing they don't since mine doesn't. I play the sound specifically as a notification so the ringer silence switch is respected. If I played it as a regular audio file, it would probably work, but then it wouldn't respect the position of the ringer silence switch.

But I'll investigate the possibility of providing this as an option with the disclaimer that the audio will play regardless of the position of the ringer switch. However I'm not planning on any new GeoStrings releases in the near future since I'm dedicating all my time to the preparation of Music Player (Remix). The only exception would be a critical bug fix release. But I'll add this to the list and eventually I'll get to work on it.

I had to break down and buy this app after how impressed I've been with Music Remix 2.0, and I must say I'm blown away! Awesome app, I only wish I'd known about it a long time ago.. I just want to know what your next project will be because your apps rule!
  7.    #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I had to break down and buy this app after how impressed I've been with Music Remix 2.0, and I must say I'm blown away! Awesome app, I only wish I'd known about it a long time ago.. I just want to know what your next project will be because your apps rule!
    Thanks! It really is very useful.

I actually started working on my next big app last year but then Palm announced the availability of the media indexer and I re-focused my efforts on Music Player (Remix).

At some point I'd like to start working on a new app.
    Is there a way to have the notifications use the LED blinking notification functionality so we can see visually if we don't hear the notification go off? I didn't see anything in the FAQ about this. Thanks.
    Last edited by volcom45; 03/13/2011 at 08:59 PM.
  9.    #729  
    Is there a way to have the notifications use the LED notification functionality so we can see visually if we don't hear the notification go off? I didn't see anything in the FAQ about this. Thanks.
    It should already do this. I'm pretty sure anytime a dashboard notification is issued (by any app), it lights the LED.

But in regards to not hearing notifications, there is an option on the Preferences screen to re-issue the audible alert at a recurring interval. So if you have trouble hearing notifications, you can set it up to sound off at a specified interval (like every 10 seconds). Also you can set up your own custom notification sounds with much higher volume.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It should already do this. I'm pretty sure anytime a dashboard notification is issued (by any app), it lights the LED.

But in regards to not hearing notifications, there is an option on the Preferences screen to re-issue the audible alert at a recurring interval. So if you have trouble hearing notifications, you can set it up to sound off at a specified interval (like every 10 seconds). Also you can set up your own custom notification sounds with much higher volume.
    Odd, no LED blink for me.. Course my FB notifications don't blink either. Do they for the rest of you?
  11.    #731  
    Odd, no LED blink for me.. Course my FB notifications don't blink either. Do they for the rest of you?
    Do you have "Blink Notifications" set in the "Screen & Lock" app?

Do you have "Blink Notifications" set in the "Screen & Lock" app?
    Yep, and they work fine for new SMS/Email, but thats about it, and thats all they've ever worked on for me on previous 1.4.5,etc. builds as well with fresh doctors. Weird.
  13.    #733  
    Yep, and they work fine for new SMS/Email, but thats about it, and thats all they've ever worked on for me on previous 1.4.5,etc. builds as well with fresh doctors. Weird.
    I just tried it out and mine didn't blink either. However I could have sworn it has blinked in the past.

I looked on the Palm developer site and can't find any options for enabling/disabling blinking when issuing dashboard notifications. So I don't think there's anything I can do in my app to specifically turn them on or off.

Hmm, I know I've had an app from the offical app catalog approved by Palm that had a preference to enable LED notifications on or off for the apps notifications.. I'll try and remember which app it is, but I know it's possible.. Would sure be a great addition to your app.
  15.    #735  
    Hmm, I know I've had an app from the offical app catalog approved by Palm that had a preference to enable LED notifications on or off for the apps notifications.. I'll try and remember which app it is, but I know it's possible.. Would sure be a great addition to your app.
    Yeah if you find the app, let me know.
    Yeah if you find the app, let me know.
    All of the Sports Live apps have the preference.. See attached screenshot:

Here is the dev's thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/more-so...orts-live.html

Also, the old Facebook client called Friendsflow had the same option. Both work fine for the app when enabled.
  17.    #737  
    All of the Sports Live apps have the preference.. See attached screenshot:

Here is the dev's thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/more-so...orts-live.html

Also, the old Facebook client called Friendsflow had the same option. Both work fine for the app when enabled.
    I did some more digging on the Palm Dev site and found this: APIs - Mojo.Controller.StageController - HP Palm Developer Center

It looks like the indicateNewContent function allows you to light up the LED. I haven't done a GeoStrings update in awhile, so I'll go ahead and add this. I'll try to get to it this week.

I did some more digging on the Palm Dev site and found this: APIs - Mojo.Controller.StageController - HP Palm Developer Center

It looks like the indicateNewContent function allows you to light up the LED. I haven't done a GeoStrings update in awhile, so I'll go ahead and add this. I'll try to get to it this week.
    I knew you could do anything! Thanks man!
  19.    #739  
    I had some free time tonight, so I added the "blinking notification" option to the Preferences screen. Version 1.1.6 of GeoStrings has been submitted for review to the app catalog and should be available in the next few days.

I had some free time tonight, so I added the "blinking notification" option to the Preferences screen. Version 1.1.6 of GeoStrings has been submitted for review to the app catalog and should be available in the next few days.
    You Rock! This app just went from a 9.9999999 to a perfect 10 for me! Thanks a ton!