Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmial View Post
    If I upgrade today, I will loose all of my tasks that I have entered, right? If so I will upgrade a little later. Hopefully I will complete everything in the next day or two.
    No you won't lose any data when you upgrade an app to a new version. Just make sure you don't delete the app before you upgrade (which would result in a loss of data).

To upgrade without losing data, open up the app catalog and open up the GeoStrings app page, then tap the "Upgrade" button at the bottom of the screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I can't wait to see the next app you work on
    It reminds me of palm OS ancient days when fans were excitedly telling about some superb applications which they found out about.
    I hope webOS fans spread the word about this and other excellent webOS apps. Great job Dan
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by aragunal View Post
    It reminds me of palm OS ancient days when fans were excitedly telling about some superb applications which they found out about.
    I hope webOS fans spread the word about this and other excellent webOS apps. Great job Dan
    Thanks.

By the way folks, this is my dad just in case you were wondering why someone was so enthusiastic about my work. Being a huge Palm OS guru, I'm sure it's killing him not to be able to get a hold of the Pre (it's not available where he lives). But if it ever goes on sale there, I'll be sure to send you a copy of GeoStrings!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by aragunal View Post
    Way to support! Dan does great work!
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Thanks.

By the way folks, this is my dad just in case you were wondering why someone was so enthusiastic about my work. Being a huge Palm OS guru, I'm sure it's killing him not to be able to get a hold of the Pre (it's not available where he lives). But if it ever goes on sale there, I'll be sure to send you a copy of GeoStrings!
    Darn it and now my secret is out. Oh well

I definitely am very proud of you and if the Pre does arrive here, it would be great to use your Geostrings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    Way to support! Dan does great work!
    I agree
    hi dan. it would be great if we can add a reminder on geostrings using the pre calendar. (same as the way you add a contacts address for a string)
    thanks
  8.    #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi dan. it would be great if we can add a reminder on geostrings using the pre calendar. (same as the way you add a contacts address for a string)
    thanks
    So you want to enter in a GeoString using the Calendar app? I'm not sure how you would do that since the Calendar app doesn't have all of the necessary fields required for GeoString. Or am I not understanding what you're asking for?

OOOHHHH he wants to use a calendar entry's location as a location for a geostring's location (such as a contact's location)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    So you want to enter in a GeoString using the Calendar app? I'm not sure how you would do that since the Calendar app doesn't have all of the necessary fields required for GeoString. Or am I not understanding what you're asking for?
    in the calendar there is a location feild. by selecting a calendar event, that events location would be entered to geo string. this would be great for many calendar and exchange server users. thank you
  11.    #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    OOOHHHH he wants to use a calendar entry's location as a location for a geostring's location (such as a contact's location)
    This isn't possible with the current SDK. Apps can access calendar data that it creates; however it cannot access calendar data already on the device that did not originate from the app (i.e. all your calendar data you sync using your synergy accounts).

12.    #512  
    I'm starting a new series of videos called

If you have your own stories to share about different ways you've been using GeoStrings, post a comment on my video or a video response. This will be a good way for GeoStrings users to share with each other different ways of using the app.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 02/07/2010 at 12:02 PM.

13.    #513  
    I've posted 2 more stories in my GeoString Tales video series.

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say that this was my first purchased app...and I am blown away at what a great job you did on it... very well thought out and very well done.

If you haven't bought this yet....buy it immediatly..its fantastic.

My 2 cents
  15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by scott500 View Post
    Just wanted to say that this was my first purchased app...and I am blown away at what a great job you did on it... very well thought out and very well done.

If you haven't bought this yet....buy it immediatly..its fantastic.

My 2 cents
    Thanks a lot!

Dan, I have a geostring for the days I work that should go off every M W and F between 7:55am and 8:10am to remind me not to lock my car keys in my truck. For the past 2 work days the Geostring have not went off at all. My work location is exact. My only thought is that maybe gps is a few mins late on getting an exact location and by the time GPS find my location is after 8:10am. My radius is 1 mile and home is less than 1 mile so it should go off at 7:55am. I don't know what could be the problem
  17.    #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Dan, I have a geostring for the days I work that should go off every M W and F between 7:55am and 8:10am to remind me not to lock my car keys in my truck. For the past 2 work days the Geostring have not went off at all. My work location is exact. My only thought is that maybe gps is a few mins late on getting an exact location and by the time GPS find my location is after 8:10am. My radius is 1 mile and home is less than 1 mile so it should go off at 7:55am. I don't know what could be the problem
    You mentioned that it hasn't gone off in the past 2 workdays. If your GeoString is set for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, then I wouldn't expect it to have gone off yesterday (Tuesday). But it should have gone off today.

I don't think GPS fixes should take that long. When this type of thing happens it seems to always be related to inaccurate GPS positional readings.

So during this time period, if you don't receive an alert, please open up Google Maps and verify the location shown there is exactly correct. Then follow the troubleshooting steps specified in the FAQ (found on the app's help screen) and see if that helps with your issue. Also please make sure you're running version 1.0.3 of the app since it has an updated FAQ.

If none of the troubleshooting steps help, open up your GeoString and verify that none of the settings could be preventing the alarm from firing. Also tap on the map icon next to the location in the GeoString and verify it really is the location of your home.

I did the steps and changed the time to between now and it went off.

Any chance of still getting the notes to pop up in the notications? Maybe how when we click the help [?] the notifcation stays pop up but can still be scroll. That would be cool then we don't have to go into the geostring to see the notes
  19.    #519  
    I did the steps and changed the time to between now and it went off.
    I've found that every now and then the GPS on the phone goes a bit bonkers, but following the troubleshooting steps always seems to fix it for me.

Any chance of still getting the notes to pop up in the notications? Maybe how when we click the help [?] the notifcation stays pop up but can still be scroll. That would be cool then we don't have to go into the geostring to see the notes
    This is on my to-do list. But it probably won't appear in the next release. I have a few other things I need to work on first.

20.    #520  
    I've uploaded a few more videos in my GeoString Tales series: