Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Hi there. Your tool is similar to a functionality i am looking for for my pre. I like going to the raceway with my car and looking for a tool that tells me best speed and shows me whats next (turns, hills) on the track when i reach a point (nearly).
    Your tool can nearly handle it.
    It would be cool to add pictures instead of text if i reach a position..
    but more important is to get this tool here in germany!
    best regards
    PhiL
  2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by prophil View Post
    Hi there. Your tool is similar to a functionality i am looking for for my pre. I like going to the raceway with my car and looking for a tool that tells me best speed and shows me whats next (turns, hills) on the track when i reach a point (nearly).
    Your tool can nearly handle it.
    It would be cool to add pictures instead of text if i reach a position..
    but more important is to get this tool here in germany!
    best regards
    PhiL
    I'm not sure GeoStrings is the app you're looking for. GeoStrings doesn't report speed or know anything about turns or hills on a race track. GeoStrings is used to set location-based reminders. So you can set tasks/reminders for a location (or multiple locations) and when you reach one of the target areas, an alert popup will be displayed with an accompanying notification sound.

If I'm misunderstanding your intended use of the app, let me know.

Paid apps are scheduled to be available in Europe in March (according to Palm).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #443  
    Version 1.0.2 of GeoStrings is now available in the app catalog.

It contains the following new features and fixes:

- Add a boomerang icon on the alert popup which when tapped will defer the 'in alert' GeoStrings until the next time the person leaves and re-enters the target area.

- Add the ability to add location groups or add locations to existing groups from the Locations screen.

- Add the ability to toggle a location's favorite status when tapping the location (on the same popup where you can edit its title).

- Add the ability to type a search string on the Location Group screen to find a particular location within the location groups.

- Add an option to the Preferences screen to change the transparency of the blue groups.

- Removed the restriction of needing to have at least 2 locations listed in a GeoString before you could save them to a location group. Now you only need 1 location listed.

- Fix issue where snoozed GeoStrings that were re-issued and dismissed would pop back up.

- Fix issue where if the start date of a snoozed GeoString is edited, when the start date is reached the GeoString would go into alert even if the target area was not reached.

- Fix issue where a double-quote in a location or location group name would generate an error when it was displayed in the location/group list.

- Increase the font of the GeoString title and location on the alert popup to make it easier to read.

- Add a small delay to the notification sound to allow the popup to finish rendering.

- Add app's version number when sending Feedback or Support email.

- Eliminate the slightly gray background on the notes icon on the 'Add/Edit GeoString' screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    my 1st paid app!
  5.    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by rodhnc View Post
    my 1st paid app!
    Thank you!

I've been checking for updates 2 or 3 times a day, hoping the update would be there. :-)

Excellent feature set on 1.0.2. I'll be using the boomerang frequently, and the location changes (change favorite, groups enhancements) are in the same category. The transparency option for the blue is just what I needed; set at maximum opacity makes the text much easier for me to read. Thanks for listening.

It's still probably the best $3 I've ever spent. If a day has gone by since I bought GeoStrings that I haven't used it, I don't recall the event.
  7.    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by someonewhobikes View Post
    I've been checking for updates 2 or 3 times a day, hoping the update would be there. :-)

Excellent feature set on 1.0.2. I'll be using the boomerang frequently, and the location changes (change favorite, groups enhancements) are in the same category. The transparency option for the blue is just what I needed; set at maximum opacity makes the text much easier for me to read. Thanks for listening.

It's still probably the best $3 I've ever spent. If a day has gone by since I bought GeoStrings that I haven't used it, I don't recall the event.
    Yeah I've been using the boomerang function myself. And being able to manage location groups properly is something I've always intended on adding. It's nice to be able to set them up ahead of time (before creating new GeoStrings).

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 1.0.2 of GeoStrings is now available in the app catalog.
    I think that I will have to stop reading this thread until I get App Catalog access.
  9.    #449  
    I've uploaded a new video in my GeoStrings Guide series that describes location groups in more detail. This coincides with the new location group management features I added in the latest version of the app.

Here is a link to the new video:

This looks like a great app. I just bought it to give it a try and have already entered in my bank, favorite people, grocery stores, and discount club.

Of course, I have a feature request! Would it be possible to set up some sort of "exit alert"? For my specific need, I have paperwork that needs to be printed out at work to be brought home. It's not something I can do at a specific time because I need everything printed up until the time I leave. The problem is that I might have a two hour window when I leave. So, if I had an alarm that goes off when I'm .1 miles away from work, I can get my paperwork before getting all the way home (or dismiss if I remembered it).

Thoughts?
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeTye View Post
    This looks like a great app. I just bought it to give it a try and have already entered in my bank, favorite people, grocery stores, and discount club.

Of course, I have a feature request! Would it be possible to set up some sort of "exit alert"? For my specific need, I have paperwork that needs to be printed out at work to be brought home. It's not something I can do at a specific time because I need everything printed up until the time I leave. The problem is that I might have a two hour window when I leave. So, if I had an alarm that goes off when I'm .1 miles away from work, I can get my paperwork before getting all the way home (or dismiss if I remembered it).

Thoughts?
    I actually have this on my to-do list.

12.    #452  
    I've re-shot the video demonstrating alert popups since they have changed pretty dramatically since the first release of the app.

Here is the new video:

Quote Originally Posted by TyeTye View Post
    This would be a great addition; I'm glad to see it's already on your list.

Something else that'd be good would be either some longer snooze times, or the ability to specify a custom value whenever the snooze dialog comes up. For example, I need to talk to someone at work, but I know I get in 2 hours before they do. So I set a geostring for work, but I don't want to re-snooze every 30 minutes. Having an hour as a selection would be great; being able to put in 2 hours in a variable slot would be even better.
  14.    #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by someonewhobikes View Post
    This would be a great addition; I'm glad to see it's already on your list.

Something else that'd be good would be either some longer snooze times, or the ability to specify a custom value whenever the snooze dialog comes up. For example, I need to talk to someone at work, but I know I get in 2 hours before they do. So I set a geostring for work, but I don't want to re-snooze every 30 minutes. Having an hour as a selection would be great; being able to put in 2 hours in a variable slot would be even better.
    Originally I wanted to display a dropdown list (similar to the target radius selection) on the popup that displayed several different snooze times including 2 hours; however this type of UI element does not display properly on popups. So to workaround this limitation, I display 6 preset snooze times (1, 3, 5, 10, 15, and 30 minutes). I chose the values I felt would suit the needs of most people.

In a future release, I plan on adding an option to the preferences screen to allow the user to select the values for each of these 6 preset snooze times. So if you want 120 minutes (2 hours), you can select that as one of your 6 presets.

I'm trying to get the hang of this awesome app.. But I have a quick question. Say I'm going to walmart to pick up multiple things and I enter the geostring title 'Don't forget these' and in the notes I enter milk,cheese,juice basically a list of what I need to get. So when I'm at walmart and I get the alert the note doesn't show up, I might even forget the note is there. Could it be possible that when the alert goes off I could click a note icon next to the geostring in the notification bar to show what I need. Instead of having to make multiple geostrings. I want GeoStrings to rule my everyday life!
  16.    #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleW View Post
    I'm trying to get the hang of this awesome app.. But I have a quick question. Say I'm going to walmart to pick up multiple things and I enter the geostring title 'Don't forget these' and in the notes I enter milk,cheese,juice basically a list of what I need to get. So when I'm at walmart and I get the alert the note doesn't show up, I might even forget the note is there. Could it be possible that when the alert goes off I could click a note icon next to the geostring in the notification bar to show what I need. Instead of having to make multiple geostrings. I want GeoStrings to rule my everyday life!
    A few people have asked about adding a note icon next to each GeoString on the alert popups. The problem is there isn't much room on the popup. If I add an icon next to each list item, it'll reduce the amount of space available to display the task, location, and distance to location.

But since this seems to be a popular request, I'll think about how to best solve this dilemma.

Dude I just tested the "boomerang" snooze and it is wonderful!
    I think your app is now complete.
    There are tweaks and additions that would be nice.
    (the best ones dependent on google api improvements)
    but there isn't anything missing.
    its wonderful! This should be a required app.
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilemitch View Post
    Dude I just tested the "boomerang" snooze and it is wonderful!
    I think your app is now complete.
    There are tweaks and additions that would be nice.
    (the best ones dependent on google api improvements)
    but there isn't anything missing.
    its wonderful! This should be a required app.
    Thanks a lot. There are still several things I can do to add to the app, but I do think most of the crucial features have already been implemented.

I read through several posts to this string and couldn't find any feature request for the option of vibrate as a notification. I have only had this app for a few hours and it is great, but this addition would be the icing on the cake for me.

Thanks for the App!!
  20.    #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by theturle View Post
    I read through several posts to this string and couldn't find any feature request for the option of vibrate as a notification. I have only had this app for a few hours and it is great, but this addition would be the icing on the cake for me.

Thanks for the App!!
    If your phone's ringer is silenced, the phone will vibrate when an alert popup is issued. If the ringer is not silenced, a notification sound will play along with vibration.