Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Feels like my Pre is sorely lacking an F5 key now.
    I know what you mean.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #242  
    GeoStrings is now available in the app catalog!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Just downloaded Geostrings!
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudedog830 View Post
    Just downloaded Geostrings!
    Thanks! Let me know how you like it!

I also just purchased it. I'll let you know my thoughts
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Ok. That's unfair. I checked around 10:30 and it wasn't there. Downloading now.

BTW, I couldn't find it by searching for the name. The app catalog either case sensitive or doesn't recognize by app name.

Just download and I'm adding some favorites right now. App Catalog isn't recognizing by name.
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 12/31/2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: finished sentence and test.
  7.    #247  
    Yeah I couldn't find it doing a search either, regardless of the case of the letters. However it does show up under the "Productivity->Reminders" category, as well as the "Recent" list. I'm guessing it takes a little while for their search lists to be updated.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Congrats Dan

I like the addition of the snooze and favorite locations.
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by Csquared View Post
    Congrats Dan

I like the addition of the snooze and favorite locations.
    The snooze function was actually suggested by one of the beta testers. I'm glad I added it because I find I use it quite often. It comes in really handy when you're approaching a destination and you want to make sure you remember to complete the task when you arrive there. It also helps for the times when you have a task at a shopping center or mall and you want to go to another store first. It'll make sure you don't forget about your task without annoying you with popups every minute.

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I just got it, going to be the most useful app out there!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I've been waiting patiently for this app. Just downloaded and added my first geostring.

I have a suggestion for the developer. Have you considered implementing the ability to sync the geostrings to Google Docs? There is an app called Fuel in the App Catalog that does this quite well. Allows you to not only backup your strings, but create new ones from your computer.
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by matics View Post
    I've been waiting patiently for this app. Just downloaded and added my first geostring.

I have a suggestion for the developer. Have you considered implementing the ability to sync the geostrings to Google Docs? There is an app called Fuel in the App Catalog that does this quite well. Allows you to not only backup your strings, but create new ones from your computer.
    I'll check out the Fuel app and see what they're doing with Google Docs.

EDIT: I checked it out and they have the ability to import or export their data from/to a Google Doc spreadsheet. That would definitely be useful to be able to backup or restore your GeoStrings or locations. I have it on my to-do list to investigate a way to add this type of functionality, either via Google Docs or maybe some other method.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 12/31/2009 at 02:30 PM.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Dan, seriously, where the hell do you get off making fast, full-featured, attractive apps? On WebOS? That's simply not how we do things around here, y'know. It's bad enough with those Newsroom punks. I've got my eye on you. I expect to see a lot more grey and sloppy text labels on the next app, ok? And get that spinning wait icon in there, too; I love that thing.
  14.    #254  
    Dan, seriously, where the hell do you get off making fast, full-featured, attractive apps? On WebOS? That's simply not how we do things around here, y'know. It's bad enough with those Newsroom punks. I've got my eye on you. I expect to see a lot more grey and sloppy text labels on the next app, ok? And get that spinning wait icon in there, too; I love that thing.
    I'll try to do better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'll check out the Fuel app and see what they're doing with Google Docs.

EDIT: I checked it out and they have the ability to import or export their data from/to a Google Doc spreadsheet. That would definitely be useful to be able to backup or restore your GeoStrings or locations. I have it on my to-do list to investigate a way to add this type of functionality, either via Google Docs or maybe some other method.
    fyi, Checkbook also allows users to import and export information through Google Docs.
    GeoStrings is in the App Catalog!
    Going to download now
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    fyi, Checkbook also allows users to import and export information through Google Docs.
    Yeah a Google Doc spreadsheet does seem like a good way of implementing an import/export feature. I definitely consider this feature one of my higher priorities. It's a really good idea. I'd hate for my users to lose all their saved GeoStrings and locations if they have to swap out phones or if their phone dies.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Please keep us Google Apps users in mind if you do. I'd be happy to give you an account to play with if it helps.
  19.    #259  
    Please keep us Google Apps users in mind if you do. I'd be happy to give you an account to play with if it helps.
    Thanks, I have my own Google account I can play with. I use Google Docs myself actually.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Not sure if you got me or not; Google really needs a better name for this thing. I mean their business/domain stuff.

So, I go to docs.mydomain.com and get all of the Google Docs stuff under my company umbrella, with a simple username of Dan, and access to the other docs of my users without needing to actively share everything. Completely separate from my gmail account and its calendar/docs.

No idea what it takes to develop for. I've always gotten the impression that you'd just need to use more flexible Apps-aware APIs or accept Dan@mydomain.com as a valid Google Docs account. If it's something you'd have to build support for, don't sweat it, but if it's something you could basically not exclude or hard code against, please note that we exist.