Page 99 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2523
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hey I was wondering if you planned on taking advantage of the gpu when the pdk became available maybe a coverflow-type view in landscape? just an idea
  2.    #1962  
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    Hey I was wondering if you planned on taking advantage of the gpu when the pdk became available maybe a coverflow-type view in landscape? just an idea
    I'm definitely interested in checking out the PDK when it's released. I would imagine at some point I'll be doing something with it.

I think an overhaul of the "now playing screen" user interface is definitely overdue. The current user interface is fine, but I have some ideas on how it could be redone. Whether that's done with the PDK or not, we'll have to see.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Dan,

Both this and GeoStrings are phenomenal apps. Thanks for supporting them here in the forums. I do hope you can get this into the app catalog. It'd be of significant benefit to WebOS users outside of P|C, and you should be rewarded for your hard work.

Cheers,
    Riz
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
  4.    #1964  
    Quote Originally Posted by RizP View Post
    Dan,

Both this and GeoStrings are phenomenal apps. Thanks for supporting them here in the forums. I do hope you can get this into the app catalog. It'd be of significant benefit to WebOS users outside of P|C, and you should be rewarded for your hard work.

Cheers,
    Riz
    Thanks a lot! Music Player (Remix) started off as a learning project for me. I never expected to put that much work into it. It was supposed to be a jumping off point for my first true project (which landed up being GeoStrings).

However at the time I didn't really have an idea yet for my first project, so I just kept going with Music Player (Remix) and it also helped that the community was really backing it. If it wasn't for that, it probably wouldn't be anywhere near what it is today.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I am having troubling finding information on where the flylists are saved. Sorry if it is already posted (50 pages is a lot to go through, but I have tried). I recently had to switch my Pre, and have lost my flylists. For future reference, where are they saved?
  6.    #1966  
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    I am having troubling finding information on where the flylists are saved. Sorry if it is already posted (50 pages is a lot to go through, but I have tried). I recently had to switch my Pre, and have lost my flylists. For future reference, where are they saved?
    They are saved in an sqlite database.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I should be clearer, sorry. Is there a file and method I should use to back up the flylists so I can restore them after an upgrade?
  8.    #1968  
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    I should be clearer, sorry. Is there a file and method I should use to back up the flylists so I can restore them after an upgrade?
    Are you familiar with accessing the linux command line (rooting) on a device? If not, then no there's no way.

If yes, then you can try the method I described in my GeoStrings thread which can be found here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2159005

However Music Player (Remix) doesn't store the sqlite database in /media/internal like GeoStrings does. I believe it's stored in the app directory which is in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/.

I'm gettinng an ''unauthorized call to open ipk'' am I missing a patch to allow home brew apps? I'm excited to try and this working I only have internet acess from my pre and I need it to do the simple things like flylists!
  10.    #1970  
    Quote Originally Posted by zestee911 View Post
    I'm gettinng an ''unauthorized call to open ipk'' am I missing a patch to allow home brew apps? I'm excited to try and this working I only have internet acess from my pre and I need it to do the simple things like flylists!
    No patches are required to install homebrew apps. Depending upon how you installed the app (WebOS Quick Install, Preware, Filecoaster, etc.), I would ask for help in their respective threads. There's nothing special about installing Music Player (Remix) vs. installing any other homebrew app.

Great App
    Is there a way to shorten the time between tracks? I was listening to a couple of DJ albums and all the tracks are supposed to run together. For some reason there's an awkward pause and it sounds like the next track is stumbling over itself. I hope that makes sense.
  13.    #1973  
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAgeZombie View Post
    Is there a way to shorten the time between tracks? I was listening to a couple of DJ albums and all the tracks are supposed to run together. For some reason there's an awkward pause and it sounds like the next track is stumbling over itself. I hope that makes sense.
    Search this thread for "gapless" and you'll find your answer.

I think I found a bug. I couldn't find anyone talking about this one yet. It seems that after I close remix, and then open it up later, and hit resume play to continue my playlist/album/whatev, it is now in shuffle mode. Seems to happen for me everytime too.
  15.    #1975  
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanHelmet View Post
    I think I found a bug. I couldn't find anyone talking about this one yet. It seems that after I close remix, and then open it up later, and hit resume play to continue my playlist/album/whatev, it is now in shuffle mode. Seems to happen for me everytime too.
    Yes this has been mentioned several times. I don't necessarily consider it a bug. It's just the current behavior right now. Search the thread for "shuffle" to find one of the previous discussions on this topic.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Not sure if this was already posted (tried searching)

But i'd like to have have/hack a "New Music Playlist", that automatically has like the latest 50 songs on the pre.

any ideas?
  17.    #1977  
    Quote Originally Posted by lattaman View Post
    Not sure if this was already posted (tried searching)

But i'd like to have have/hack a "New Music Playlist", that automatically has like the latest 50 songs on the pre.

any ideas?
    That's a very good idea and one I've thought of myself. However as far as I know the webOS media library doesn't provide this type of information.

I just downloaded Remix. I copied the file to my Pre Plus but there is no icon showing the app has loaded on the application menu. It shows up on the list when I connect the device as a USB but not on the phone app menu. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks
  19.    #1979  
    Quote Originally Posted by mandmsfam View Post
    I just downloaded Remix. I copied the file to my Pre Plus but there is no icon showing the app has loaded on the application menu. It shows up on the list when I connect the device as a USB but not on the phone app menu. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks
    You can't just copy the IPK file to your phone. You need to use either FileCoaster, Preware, or webOS Quick Install to install homebrew apps on your phone. I'd suggest visiting any of those application's threads for instructions on how to install homebrew apps on your phone.

You can also view this sticky thread for instructions on how to install homebrew apps: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html

Thanks for your reply. I did figure that out and have it installed now. I am also having a problem with bookmarks though. I have some audiobooks and when I put a bookmark it seems to do an autoshuffle of the book chapters--although it keeps my place in the chapter, it puts the chapters in random order making the bookmark really kind of useless for this purpose. Any ideas on how to avoid the shuffle when you don't want it? I can see a benefit for music files but not for audiobooks.

Thanks again