Page 95 of 127 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596979899100105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2523
    Hi :-)

I just heard about the french release of the palm prprpr $and$ $I$ $really$ $want$ $this$ $mobile$ $but$ $I$ $want$ $also$ $several$ $useful$ $apps$ ($according$ $to$ $me$ $of$ $course$ ;-) )

And one of this app or feature is to scrobble my music I listen to lastfm . . .

Do you have this feature in mind ? I know that a guy on treocentral tried to developp a lastfm scrobbler but we don't have any news from him . . .

Thanks for your app and support

Totoro aka helmut_perchu alias Lionel
  2.    #1882  
    Quote Originally Posted by helmut_perchu View Post
    Hi :-)

I just heard about the french release of the palm prprpr $and$ $I$ $really$ $want$ $this$ $mobile$ $but$ $I$ $want$ $also$ $several$ $useful$ $apps$ ($according$ $to$ $me$ $of$ $course$ ;-) )

And one of this app or feature is to scrobble my music I listen to lastfm . . .

Do you have this feature in mind ? I know that a guy on treocentral tried to developp a lastfm scrobbler but we don't have any news from him . . .

Thanks for your app and support

Totoro aka helmut_perchu alias Lionel
    If the app ever makes it into the official catalog this will be one of the features I'll consider since so many people have asked for it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    hey dan was there any headway on the smart playlists, or being able to add atrists/albums to a flylist?
  4.    #1884  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    hey dan was there any headway on the smart playlists, or being able to add atrists/albums to a flylist?
    No, I haven't worked on Music Player (Remix) very much in the last 2 months due to my work on GeoStrings. I may be doing another release in the next month or two with bug fixes and other minor enhancements. But more major enhancements (like smart playlists and adding artists/albums to a flylist) will wait until the app is approved for entry in the app catalog.

In the meantime I will be focusing on improving GeoStrings as well as my next project which I thought of last night (it's going to be BIG!).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

okies! well seeing as i have you here, is the only way playists form the PC are recognised by syncing? cant i drag the m3u ot pls file to the root of the pre? i have synced the music across via songbird.
  6.    #1886  
    okies! well seeing as i have you here, is the only way playists form the PC are recognised by syncing? cant i drag the m3u ot pls file to the root of the pre? i have synced the music across via songbird.
    Search for "M3U" in this thread for instructions that someone previously posted on how to transfer over an M3U file to the Pre/Pixi (without syncing).

<3 thank you!

also any hints on this new app?
  8.    #1888  
    <3 thank you!

also any hints on this new app?
    No not yet. The only thing I'll say is that it will be something people will use every day and will make using their phone more enjoyable.

Hi, i have a problem when searching for lyrics when not on wifi, i tend to get a cannot parse lyrics error code. Is there any fix for this (uk pre)
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Dan,

I love Music (Remix) as demonstrated by my donation. I have a couple of feature requests for future versions (once you've got GeoStrings up and running to your satisfaction).

1. Dial down the touchscreen sensitivity. I often inadvertently switch tracks when on the list view, or accidentally hit the fwd/back button. Maybe don't let it switch unless it's tapped/held for between 0.25-0.75 seconds?

2. Improve playback restore location on restart. I often listen to ~ 60 minute podcasts, and more often than not, it restarts the track at the beginning if I quit and restart Music (Remix).

3. Keyboard controls. make @ do previous track, space pause/unpaus, and . next track. It would be FANTASTIC to have physical controls that would let me change tracks without having to look at the screen. Touch screens are great for a lot of things, but the feedback of buttons is very nice....

Thanks so much for the app! It continues to improve my Pre experience.

-alan
    Last edited by alanh; 01/11/2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: added punctuation
    +1
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

Henry David Thoreau
  12.    #1892  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Hi, i have a problem when searching for lyrics when not on wifi, i tend to get a cannot parse lyrics error code. Is there any fix for this (uk pre)
    If it happens on every single song while not on wifi, then it sounds like you have some sort of cellular network issue. As long as you had a valid network connection, the app should be able to connect to the lyrics.wikia.com web site.

If this isn't happening with every single song, then post the artist and song name (that is displayed in Music Player Remix) and I can determine why that particular song is getting that error.

13.    #1893  
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    1. Dial down the touchscreen sensitivity. I often inadvertently switch tracks when on the list view, or accidentally hit the fwd/back button. Maybe don't let it switch unless it's tapped/held for between 0.25-0.75 seconds?
    Most every webOS app acts on "tap" events which are instantaneous taps (not tap-and-hold). I'm not sure why you'd want this app to act any differently.

2. Improve playback restore location on restart. I often listen to ~ 60 minute podcasts, and more often than not, it restarts the track at the beginning if I quit and restart Music (Remix).
    I don't have any super-long tracks like that, so I haven't experienced this issue. But I'll investigate this when I work on various bug fixes.

3. Keyboard controls. make @ do previous track, space pause/unpaus, and . next track. It would be FANTASTIC to have physical controls that would let me change tracks without having to look at the screen. Touch screens are great for a lot of things, but the feedback of buttons is very nice....
    This has been requested before; however it won't be possible due to this change conflicting with another one I plan on implementing. I'd like to implement a universal search system within the app. So for instance on the "now playing" screen, if someone starts typing something, it'll pop up with all the songs/artists/albums/flylists/etc. matching the text string.

Thanks so much for the app! It continues to improve my Pre experience.
    You're welcome!

zomg universal search would be KILLER!

PS for the podcasts, try bookmarking them.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Most every webOS app acts on "tap" events which are instantaneous taps (not tap-and-hold). I'm not sure why you'd want this app to act any differently.
    I don't find I have the same problem with other apps as the consequences of accidentally tapping somewhere else don't cause me to lose my place in the middle of listening to music....

This has been requested before; however it won't be possible due to this change conflicting with another one I plan on implementing. I'd like to implement a universal search system within the app. So for instance on the "now playing" screen, if someone starts typing something, it'll pop up with all the songs/artists/albums/flylists/etc. matching the text string.
    Couldn't you just set it up so that your search system ignored Space, @ and . when they're the first key typed? I don't think that would hamper searching too much.
  16.    #1896  
    I don't find I have the same problem with other apps as the consequences of accidentally tapping somewhere else don't cause me to lose my place in the middle of listening to music....
    I just don't think it's intuitive to have the user tap and hold list items to select them. They'll perceive it as a delay in the app's response time.

Couldn't you just set it up so that your search system ignored Space, @ and . when they're the first key typed? I don't think that would hamper searching too much.
    Yeah I think that would work. That sounds good.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I just don't think it's intuitive to have the user tap and hold list items to select them. They'll perceive it as a delay in the app's response time.
    I understand. I guess I just find the screen to be too sensitive to accidental presses and I keep losing my place. No worries, just an idea.

Yeah I think that would work. That sounds good.
    If it does, in fact, work, I look forward to seeing that feature! I would definitely throw a couple more bucks your way if it happened...

Now that I think about it, backspace and return could also be put to use somehow if they're the first character typed..... maybe make them pgdn/pgup on the list views?

Another suggestion couple of suggestions, mostly because my primary usage for the media player is for podcast listening:

Is there any way to make the music automatically pause when a phone call begins and resume when a call ends? Again, this is an annoyance for me when I'm listening to podcasts. .

Is there any way to move a playlist up to the top level in the music library? I'd love it if I didn't have to drill down into the playlists to find the podcasts.

Also, is there any way to treat the podcast playlist specially? My optimal organization scheme would let me have them organized hierarchically with podcasts separated from normal music at the top level, and organized with the each podcast subscription in a separate folder below there.
  18.    #1898  
    If it does, in fact, work, I look forward to seeing that feature! I would definitely throw a couple more bucks your way if it happened...
    Well you'll have to actually because I won't implement this until the app gets into the app catalog.

Now that I think about it, backspace and return could also be put to use somehow if they're the first character typed..... maybe make them pgdn/pgup on the list views?
    I don't think there's much benefit in that. Scrolling with your finger is so much easier than hunting for buttons on the keyboard.

Is there any way to make the music automatically pause when a phone call begins and resume when a call ends? Again, this is an annoyance for me when I'm listening to podcasts.
    I thought it did this already. But I could be wrong.

Is there any way to move a playlist up to the top level in the music library? I'd love it if I didn't have to drill down into the playlists to find the podcasts.
    I'll be working on something that should fill your needs in this respect.

Also, is there any way to treat the podcast playlist specially? My optimal organization scheme would let me have them organized hierarchically with podcasts separated from normal music at the top level, and organized with the each podcast subscription in a separate folder below there.
    Podcast-specific changes are probably not going to make it into this app. The primary purpose of this app, in my view, is as a music player. I have too many other changes that I feel would be more important to implement.

19.    #1899  
    Well you'll have to actually because I won't implement this until the app gets into the app catalog.
    I just realized you were talking about the "pressing keys on the keyboard to pause/play and skip tracks" feature. That feature may appear in a release prior to an eventual app catalog release. Originally I thought you mean the universal search feature which will definitely not appear until/if the app gets into the catalog.

dan please have option in future to stop the rotations.

I know you have other stuff to work on but this is my only gripe with the once gripeless app!

thanks